I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am bummed that I didn’t get a ShopRite offer. What card have people been seeing it on?

I did just find an offer for Lowe’s hotels on my Disney Visa. 15% back up to a certain amount(forget exact amount, $130?)
I still have $1000 left on my Disney Visa offer 5% back on everything until June 30 so I just paid our $941 balance on our Lowe’s hotel for July👍
I see the Loew’s Hotels offer on my Disney Visa too (I feel like admitting I have a Disney Visa on this thread is a cone of shame) but anyway, the fine print says it excludes “Universal Orlando Resort purchases.”

How do people interpret that? Is it saying the Universal Orlando properties are excluded altogether, or just purchases made at the Universal Orlando Resorts?

I have a balance I could pay off for our November stay at Universal, but I wouldn’t put it on the Disney Visa if it’s not going to benefit me.

I see the Loew’s Hotels offer on my Disney Visa too (I feel like admitting I have a Disney Visa on this thread is a cone of shame) but anyway, the fine print says it excludes “Universal Orlando Resort purchases.”

How do people interpret that? Is it saying the Universal Orlando properties are excluded altogether, or just purchases made at the Universal Orlando Resorts?

I have a balance I could pay off for our November stay at Universal, but I wouldn’t put it on the Disney Visa if it’s not going to benefit me.

Bummer. That stinks if they aren’t included.
Guess I won’t be using up the 5% offer on my Disney Visa.

My Shoprite officially does not allow you to buy gift cards with a credit card, but I’ve had good luck buying $100 ones when I mix it in with groceries. I’m not talking a lot of groceries; usually about ten dollars worth of stuff. And I’m cringing as I write this, but I usually try to go to a younger cashier. They don’t seem to be as hung up on the rules.

I think a $500 gift card might raise some eyebrows, though, so I keep it on the small side.

Well, my offer is 20% back up to $20 so, in other words, $20 off $100. There aren't many Shoprite stores around here. I tried one time when I was on a trip and found the store, but couldn't find any gift cards, let alone Disney.

I also got a few restaurant offers that are sort of in area, so I guess maybe they are shop small offers. But, at $10 off $50, not much interested. I supported 3 local businesses with my Amex cards this morning, with no offers. In the past I was able to get $5 off $10, and a few others. Maybe Amex is winding down this program. I'll be supporting a lot of my local businesses in my normal shopping, but other than occasional use, maybe Amex won't be my top priority.

However, their generosity or marketing budget blows US Bank out of the water.

Today I got a US Bank offer for $5 off $200 spend, up to $20 off $500 spend in statement credits. Rushing out to that....not.

if they think your buying gift cards, they will take your points away. If you chose to fight them, they will ask you to prove your purchases arent gift cards via receipts.
i suggest do not buy the same amount continuously. also dont buy them back to back... go to another store or come back another day.
I just need some Disney gift cards for my upcoming trip. My other option is to buy them at target at a 5% discount, which might make more sense.

I have a Disney Visa and don't feel bad about it at all, lol. Actually it's time to get another one. It's easy points and actually for the spend, a decent bonus.

I just need some Disney gift cards for my upcoming trip. My other option is to buy them at target at a 5% discount, which might make more sense.

You don't have these stores near you?
Giant Eagle: In-store and Online
  • Earn 3x On Disney Gift Cards (Travel & Recreation Gift Cards)
Meijer: Earn $5 Reward For Every $50 Spent On Disney Gift Cards
Limit 10. Expires 7/10/21. GCG

Shop ‘N Save: Earn 30c Off Per Gallon Of Gas For Every $50 Spent On Disney Gift Cards
Expires 6/30/21. GCG

And I think Kroger might have 4x Fuel points on Disney starting tomorrow.

You don't have these stores near you?
Giant Eagle: In-store and Online
  • Earn 3x On Disney Gift Cards (Travel & Recreation Gift Cards)
Meijer: Earn $5 Reward For Every $50 Spent On Disney Gift Cards
Limit 10. Expires 7/10/21. GCG

Shop ‘N Save: Earn 30c Off Per Gallon Of Gas For Every $50 Spent On Disney Gift Cards
Expires 6/30/21. GCG

And I think Kroger might have 4x Fuel points on Disney starting tomorrow.
No. I do have a Harris Teeter which usually has the same promotions as Kroger.

OK, I'm trying to put myself in the best possible position for when I apply for the CSP next week. I PCd my CSR to a Freedom today, I also double checked and the bonus was more than 48 months ago.

What I need help with is if I should lower credit limits on other Chase Cards. My current credit limit across 6 cards is $56000. That seems high. How much should I lower them? I want to have enough left that I can move some over to the CSP if not auto approved.

I'd love some opinions on how to proceed. My plan is to apply next Tuesday or Wednesday since I PCd my CSR today.

OK, I'm trying to put myself in the best possible position for when I apply for the CSP next week. I PCd my CSR to a Freedom today, I also double checked and the bonus was more than 48 months ago.

What I need help with is if I should lower credit limits on other Chase Cards. My current credit limit across 6 cards is $56000. That seems high. How much should I lower them? I want to have enough left that I can move some over to the CSP if not auto approved.

I'd love some opinions on how to proceed. My plan is to apply next Tuesday or Wednesday since I PCd my CSR today.

Depending on your income you might be ok. My most recent Chase card was the CIU. I had 4 Chase cards with limits totaling around $60K. I dropped each to around $7.5K - $10K before applying.

If you have high credit limits on any chase business cards you could lower those since Chase will not move business CLs to personal accounts

if they think your buying gift cards, they will take your points away. If you chose to fight them, they will ask you to prove your purchases arent gift cards via receipts.
i suggest do not buy the same amount continuously. also dont buy them back to back... go to another store or come back another day.

How "dangerous" is it to pad our weekly grocery trips with a GC here and there (less than 50% of the total) with a Rose Gold card when we are well past our MSR?

How "dangerous" is it to pad our weekly grocery trips with a GC here and there (less than 50% of the total) with a Rose Gold card when we are well past our MSR?
I think it's fine to buy as much GCs as the store will let you, AFTER you have met MSR (even with Amex)

Hey. So my DH and I are thinking about getting a new credit card and knowing how y’all keep an eye on these things, I thought I’d come here to check out what cards you are recommending!

it has been over two years since we have applied for any cards.

DH has two Amex cards - a platinum and an aspire. (I’m AU on platinum)
DH has a Navy Federal Flagship Visa (I’m an AU). I have my own of that one.

There’s an assortment of older cards that we don’t use at all, unless we are traveling on the corresponding airline… a SW Chase Visa in my husband’s name and an AA citi in mine.
I also have an old Disney Visa.

we have no business cards

Our nearest airport is Charlotte. And we’re most interested in flights and hotels.
Thanks for your help!

Amex Plat Saks 5th Ave $50 Credit: does it work at Off 5th (their Outlet Store)?

Amex told me the GC I bought wouldn't count because it was Off 5th, not Saks.
So I'm assuming purchases there or thru Off 5th online won't work either?

Hey. So my DH and I are thinking about getting a new credit card and knowing how y’all keep an eye on these things, I thought I’d come here to check out what cards you are recommending!

it has been over two years since we have applied for any cards.

DH has two Amex cards - a platinum and an aspire. (I’m AU on platinum)
DH has a Navy Federal Flagship Visa (I’m an AU). I have my own of that one.

There’s an assortment of older cards that we don’t use at all, unless we are traveling on the corresponding airline… a SW Chase Visa in my husband’s name and an AA citi in mine.
I also have an old Disney Visa.

we have no business cards

Our nearest airport is Charlotte. And we’re most interested in flights and hotels.
Thanks for your help!
The best deal right now seems to be the Chase Sapphire Preferred (100k URs), as long as you or DH haven't received a Sapphire sign-up-bonus in 48 months (making the new card 51 months ago).

There was a period where Chase business cards were quite popular, but for you with a low x/24 count it's not a big deal right now.

Also, as a general rule from here on, don't add each other as AUs, to keep both players' options fully open. And, in general, don't cancel cards, rather Product Change (PC) them down to a no fee card when possible, and put a little spend on the once or twice a year, so they don't get canceled for you.

:welcome:

The best deal right now seems to be the Chase Sapphire Preferred (100k URs), as long as you or DH haven't received a Sapphire sign-up-bonus in 48 months (making the new card 51 months ago).

There was a period where Chase business cards were quite popular, but for you with a low x/24 count it's not a big deal right now.

Also, as a general rule from here on, don't add each other as AUs, to keep both players' options fully open. And, in general, don't cancel cards, rather Product Change (PC) them down to a no fee card when possible, and put a little spend on the once or twice a year, so they don't get canceled for you.

:welcome:

Thanks for the advice. Neither one of us have ever received a sign up bonus for a Chase card the size of the one you just mentioned. We will definitely apply for our own!

Also, I’ll go have a look at the AADVANTAGE cards we have and see if we’re paying fees etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter