I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the advice. Neither one of us have ever received a sign up bonus for a Chase card the size of the one you just mentioned. We will definitely apply for our own!

Also, I’ll go have a look at the AADVANTAGE cards we have and see if we’re paying fees etc.

For the CSP, if both of you are thinking of getting one (and you should), one of you should apply first, then refer to the other so the referrer gets an additional points (somewhere between 10-15,000, I believe).

Have to give a BF brag here. With all the cancellations on flights, my BF is a "good guy". He was minutes away from landing in DTW today (on his go home leg). He had to divert as planes couldn't land due to our storms. I watched on FlightAware and saw his plane climbing. I knew he was making the call to divert to CLE. His day started at 5am. So I was worried he was going to time out. I didn't know at the time that he actually had to call an emergency (they were running out of fuel) to jump all the other diverted planes and land in CLE. They then got held in CLE because of the storms. He was approaching timing out. He decided to extended past his hours and get his plane of passengers back to DTW.

The poor guy was exhausted and hadn't ate all day (he figured he was going to be home by 3pm). He said, he didn't want to screw over a plane full of people. He's like I don't know what their financial situation is, if they could afford a hotel, (since it was weather), etc. He then said, he didn't want people screwed over like I was by AA. :love: :love: :love: :love: I got a good one. I'm very proud that he made the call and got all those people to DTW today (all be it 3.5 hours later).

I do not know why I cannot manage to use my AmEx credits before the day before the end of the month. Every month I vow not to be in this position, yet most of the time I am. I feel like I'm rolling the dice today and am curious to see which of these posts:

$25/$500 purchase
5x on gas
$10 GrubHub credit (I know my problem with this one--only one restaurant that I really like, and it's not very convenient)

I still have the Uber credit to use tomorrow but at least I know that will credit properly.

I do not know why I cannot manage to use my AmEx credits before the day before the end of the month. Every month I vow not to be in this position, yet most of the time I am. I feel like I'm rolling the dice today and am curious to see which of these posts:

$25/$500 purchase
5x on gas
$10 GrubHub credit (I know my problem with this one--only one restaurant that I really like, and it's not very convenient)

I still have the Uber credit to use tomorrow but at least I know that will credit properly.

I do the exact same thing. DH and I both have amex plat with the $30 paypal credit. I was $13 short on one, so I ordered a physical gift card to be shipped from walmart and I just realized that I used the wrong card to do it :mad:. I really am not this dumb! I'm sure it's too late now to get something to post.

$25/$500 purchase
5x on gas

I had to put it all in a spreadsheet, then I mark it when it credits. I was having trouble keeping up.

This was the last Paypal credit or is it for the year? That one's been my favorite- saving on softball gear at Dick's all spring lol

I got instant approval for the CSP tonight! I am thinking about doing the MDD tomorrow, but will that put me at 5/24 if one of my cards is a biz card? If the MDD will still leave me at 4/24, is there any other reason not to go for it?

Cards:
8/20 - CFF
9/20 - Marriott
1/21 - SW Performance biz
today - CSP

Last edited:
I had to put it all in a spreadsheet, then I mark it when it credits. I was having trouble keeping up.

This was the last Paypal credit or is it for the year? That one's been my favorite- saving on softball gear at Dick's all spring lol

I believe that this is the last month for the PayPal credit: [Update] American Express Platinum: $30 PayPal Credit Per Month Until June 30 - Doctor Of Credit

It's also the last month for some other credits (5x MR points on gas and some other categories I didn't use). Hoping that AmEx might have some new offers soon.

I got instant approval for the CSP tonight! I am thinking about doing the MDD tomorrow, but will that put me at 5/24 if one of my cards is a biz card? If the MDD will still leave me at 4/24, is there any other reason not to go for it?

Cards:
8/20 - CFF
9/20 - Marriott
1/21 - SW Performance biz
today - CSP
If you do the MDD you’ll be 4/24. The Biz card doesn’t count.

Back from Disneyland, Huntington Beach, and then Paso Robles on the way back to see the field of lights. Almost all hotels covered by credits, points, or FNC. Huntington Beach was with Hyatt points and Paso Robles was a Bonvoy FNC (I put reviews on the hotel thread).

DLR was at the Fairfield Anaheim. Booked 2 nights cash rate that included parking, almost $400 total, with $300 of it covered by the Brilliant credit. 1 night DH’s FNC and 1 night mine. Mine ended up the last reservation and I’m only Gold (DH is Platinum). But they were very nice and gave us the Platinum 4 pm late checkout. Since most people are driving these days, they’re not letting anyone park after checkout. Having the late checkout was really great. It was our 4th day in the parks, so we didn’t want to do the full day. It was nice not having to move the car and have a place to freshen up before heading off to Huntington Beach. They did charge us an extra day of parking though (boo).

We were able to get a boarding group each day. Too bad when I bought tickets I didn’t know it might be possible to get both ROTR and Web Slingers BG on the same day and didn’t spring for hoppers. Oh well. First times on ROTR and it’s such an awesome ride! So immersive. The Spiderman Web Slingers ride in Avenger Campus is like TSMM, but you only use your arms and there’s more of a story. DS especially liked it a lot. We saw the short Spiderman show where a stunt animatronic flies across two buildings. Tried the food at Pym Test Kitchen. The Not So Little Chicken sandwich was really good – the chicken and the coleslaw, the bread is not so good but it’s just a gimmick anyways lol. The Quantum Pretzel is a good pretzel, but just a pretzel. Fun to look at. Had an adult beverage at Pym Tasting Lab, the Particle Fizz was meh for me, but the beaker it comes in is a nice souvenir. Had a shawarma from the cart, that was really good.

63CAB245-9C37-4DC6-AD0E-2ED454DAE2E7.jpeg

Animatronic:

F5DCE952-E19C-41AA-9FAE-423936996B38.jpeg

I am renting a car (locally) next weekend to drive to Disneyland (YAY!)

I would normally use the CSP for the rental car insurance, but I have that new British Airways card I'm trying to meet MSR on.

Does anyone know whether I can give them the CSP at the beginning of the trip and then change it to the BA card after we get home?

This is what I've done with the recurring credits and I also try to use them in the first 2 weeks of the month. In addition, for the offers from Chase and Amex, I also note those and which card so that I can use the ones I want such as Lowes, Petsmart, Staples and others before they expire.

Yesterday I looked all over my 5 Amex cards for the Shop Rite offer as I knew I'd seen it. Eventually found it on a 6th card, my daughter's authorized user card. I forget to look at that one. And, in being stealthy, waiting for Amex to post an offer on a different card, I've forgotten and then totally missed offers that they've pulled.

Also confusing is my Best Buy offer. I had the 10% up to $35 on my Chase IHG. Redeemed it. But that was at least 2 weeks ago and it is STILL showing as an offer and I definitely got the credit. So, I've seen them hang around before but not this long. Did I get a 2nd offer on the same card? I'm really tempted to try redemption again. I do know that they put back some of the same offers, but I'm a little hesitant about $350.

Amex Plat Saks 5th Ave $50 Credit: does it work at Off 5th (their Outlet Store)?

Amex told me the GC I bought wouldn't count because it was Off 5th, not Saks.
So I'm assuming purchases there or thru Off 5th online won't work either?

My wife did an off 5th purchase in store earlier this year that did not work so I think it is the real store or online only.

Synchrony Bank? Anyone here go for a cc with them? just got an offer for 2% cashback with every purchase which which seems decent if you're maxed out on other brands...(ya know) Thinking of this one.... Also - anyone else buy Amazon gc at grocery or STaples noticing a lack of gc? it started at staples a few weeks back, I went to STop and Shop yesterday, ALL Amazon gc were gone from the rack.

Has anyone seen any deals from Chase that includes 5% back on insurance? I was able to get this on my CSP last November and used it to pay my 6 month car insurance premium. My insurance renews in a month and I was hoping to be able to do it again. With Chase I have the Disney, CF, CFF, CSP, CIC, CIU, and SW Plus.

Hoping to get some advise...

I've had a CSR for well over 48 months. Our kids are getting older and we're hoping to start traveling internationally for vacations so I applied and got approved for Amex Plat. I'm not keeping both cards due to the high AF so I plan to downgrade my CSR to a no AF card in September (annual fee is due.).
Is it work applying to the CSP? Great sign-up bonus but not thrilled to have another AF, specially if wife and I apply and get it separately. Is it easy to recoup the $99 AF?
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter