• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed up for Blue Apron via Ibotta.

- $65 back on Ibotta, credits in 45 days
- 10% back on chase INK card
- $110 off new subscriptions (discounts the first 5 boxes)

I did the 2 meals for 2 people, first box ended up being $5 shipped. Skipped every box in May and will have one shipped in June. I'll continue to skip until ibotta credits 😅 fingers crossed this works

I have the Blue Apron offer on 4 different Chase Cards. Do you think I could use it with each card?

Need advice on next card to get.

I only have a Chase Sapphire Preferred with bonus posted Feb 2020.
I want to have my spouse sign up for the CSP so we can get a bonus + referral. However, we don’t want to pay 2 annual fees, so I plan to downgrade my CSP. We are considering trying to get in the cycle of one of us applying for the CSP every 2 years for the bonus.
My question is related to the Freedom cards. I currently have a “pre approval” on my Chase account for both Freedoms. I've never had a Freedom card.

Can I apply for one Freedom to get the bonus and then downgrade to that same Freedom after the referral bonus posts and points are transferred to spouse’s account? What order should I do all this in or is there a better way to downgrade and still get Freedom bonus? Or, should I apply for the Flex and then downgrade to the Unlimited after the referral posts and transferring the points to my spouse. Any opinions on which Freedom is best?
First, refer P2 for CSP and have him apply. Apply for a CF for yourself. After you get the bonus from your referral, call for a product change. You can pick which ever CF you want.
As far as which is best, that's different for everyone. I have a regular CF and my DH has a Flex.
Anyone have a business or "business"? That's another way to get nice chunks of UR points.

I just recently got the AmEx Gold card. I see it has the $10 per month dining credit at Cheesecake Factory, Grubhub, Shake Shack, etc. I guess there aren't any tricks/tips with using this? Can we just go in and get a $10 gift card to sort of stack the credits that way?

First, refer P2 for CSP and have him apply. Apply for a CF for yourself. After you get the bonus from your referral, call for a product change. You can pick which ever CF you want.
As far as which is best, that's different for everyone. I have a regular CF and my DH has a Flex.
Anyone have a business or "business"? That's another way to get nice chunks of UR points.
Thank you.
No, no true or sort of business, so we don’t feel comfortable doing that.

Does it matter which Flex? I’ve heard with one benign a Visa, the credit card number doesn’t change if I do a product change…?? So should I apply for the MC one first to get the bonus?

I just recently got the AmEx Gold card. I see it has the $10 per month dining credit at Cheesecake Factory, Grubhub, Shake Shack, etc. I guess there aren't any tricks/tips with using this? Can we just go in and get a $10 gift card to sort of stack the credits that way?

Yes, we usually get a $10 GC when we are near a Shake Shack as we are near one of these quite often.

I'm worried that what I was given doesn't show the promo code anywhere. But I did confirm with the banker twice that she applied it and I have a sheet that says what I need to receive to get the bonus (but doesn't specify the bonus)
I opened mine up in branch today…she applied the code and verified the $1,500 bonus…but same thing the offer sheet lists the requirements to receive the bonus $5,000 on day 30 and 60 but no bonus amount listed or offer code

We’re in NC as well and RDU does walk up appointments daily. I didn’t realize my now 14yo wouldn’t be able to use my GE /precheck with me any longer and I preferred not to have to wait on her through the separate security line. I bought her precheck online on Tuesday night, arrived at RDU on Wednesday at 3:45p to do walk in appointment prior to our 5:50pm flight. They were closed until 4pm but we were the 3rd person in line so we were on our way to security by 4:15pm. TSA texted me Thursday that they had received her application and I received a notice Friday that she was approved with her known flyer number. I added it to her flight and precheck was on her boarding pass for our flight home Sunday. I realize YMMV but it was super easy painless process. I would have preferred GE but couldn’t get to CLT so I went with precheck and used my Amex Plat. It gave me the credit so all in all it worked out well for us.

I would say don’t be deterred from trying a walk in appointment if you’re close enough to RDU or the other Raleigh location.

Oh fantastic to know! I'm about 15 mins from RDU!! I know I've got 2 TSA Pre offers on cards so I'll have to decide if we want to do that or wait for Global Entry availability. Hmm.

I was successful opening my account in branch today. I have a print out showing the promo, and the banker verified that the offer was attached.

My DP was today. I grabbed the promo code when it was posted and made the appt for today at noon. I was in a N Raleigh branch (2 didn't have appts, but this one was just as close). I was in/out in 40 minutes. The banker seemed impressed with the promo so I'm guessing it's the first one he did. Just for those considering, I would have felt really weird about the process if I didn't actually have a business pursuit. I'm near my IT (early) retirement and have always been a photography hobbyist. I recently got a drone, took a class at a local jr college and passed my FAA Part 107 Remote Pilot License exam. Whether or not this turns into any kind of money making pursuit, time will tell, but it's something I'm doing for fun and to challenge myself. There were so many questions (led from forms his computer) about the business that I would have felt really weird if I was just 'selling stuff or whatever. But that's my personality.

Oh fantastic to know! I'm about 15 mins from RDU!! I know I've got 2 TSA Pre offers on cards so I'll have to decide if we want to do that or wait for Global Entry availability. Hmm.

My DP was today. I grabbed the promo code when it was posted and made the appt for today at noon. I was in a N Raleigh branch (2 didn't have appts, but this one was just as close). I was in/out in 40 minutes. The banker seemed impressed with the promo so I'm guessing it's the first one he did. Just for those considering, I would have felt really weird about the process if I didn't actually have a business pursuit. I'm near my IT (early) retirement and have always been a photography hobbyist. I recently got a drone, took a class at a local jr college and passed my FAA Part 107 Remote Pilot License exam. Whether or not this turns into any kind of money making pursuit, time will tell, but it's something I'm doing for fun and to challenge myself. There were so many questions (led from forms his computer) about the business that I would have felt really weird if I was just 'selling stuff or whatever. But that's my personality.

Glad you were able to get an appt and it went smoothly for you! I was a little nervous but I think the only question I was asked about my biz was my gross revenue and how long I'd been in business. I do have an existing personal WF acct and she did say that made the set up much easier.

I was fine talking about my eBay business since I’ve been selling on there for over 20years but everything was very casual…she said she’s been opening 3 or 4 of these a day since it started….

So my fridge was fixed today. New fridge would have been $2800. Cost almost $900 to have it fixed. If I get another 5 years out of it, I'll be happy. And my LG guy who has replaced almost 400 lg compressors says it should last a while. Unfortunately it was just out of warranty. And new fridge in garage is nice to have.

In my dog saga, I got test results back and I need to decide whether or not to test for Cushings. I struggled to get her to eat this weekend but she seems a little better today. But I'm optomistic that she'll make it until dd gets come from college:)

I’d like to cancel my SW Priority personal CC. AF hit April 1. Statement closed recently and bill is due May 12. Will it work to use my $75 travel credit now for EBCI for a May 11 flight? Hoping to use my upgraded boarding May 6 and then close my card shortly after that but before the May 11 flight.

Thank you.
No, no true or sort of business, so we don’t feel comfortable doing that.

Does it matter which Flex? I’ve heard with one benign a Visa, the credit card number doesn’t change if I do a product change…?? So should I apply for the MC one first to get the bonus?
I‘m not sure!

I need some airline advice. I'm looking to book a short trip in about 4 weeks and would like to use up some Southwest travel funds but I've seen so many horror stories lately that I'm hesitating and thinking about another airline. Is Southwest really worse than the others now or does it just seem that way? Would you risk a flight on Southwest now (well, purchasing now for flights in a few weeks)?

I need some airline advice. I'm looking to book a short trip in about 4 weeks and would like to use up some Southwest travel funds but I've seen so many horror stories lately that I'm hesitating and thinking about another airline. Is Southwest really worse than the others now or does it just seem that way? Would you risk a flight on Southwest now (well, purchasing now for flights in a few weeks)?
(a) All airlines are bad about schedule changes.
(b) SW seems to do most of their changes about 2 months out, so I’d feel pretty good about purchasing a flight for a few weeks from now. Good luck!!

it also might help if you book the early flights. morning flights have less issues if its the first or 2nd flight.

all my delays and flight changes were always later in the day/afternoon/nights.

We exclusively fly SW since we are 10 minutes away from ISP, have plenty of RR points and the CP…agree with the other posters all airlines are having issues, the earlier flights don’t seem to be delayed as much as later flights.
Not sure where you are going but this is especially true of MCO with the afternoon thunder storms

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter