• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in a FB group, and it annoys me to no end the "order" everyone in that group feels you HAVE to take to play this game. Often overlooking great offers like this! After the 3 nights in PDC at the swim up ocean front suite (all inclusive), I was on a mission for more Hilton Points and FNC. So I used my last spot to grab the free Hilton card (the only one I haven't had) when they had the 70k + FNC offer. That card/offer brings me way more value right now than more URs or other Chase cards. That said, I went for the IHG Biz card when it launched (about 25 days after going 5/24) and got it! I drop back under in May, so I'm not too worried.

I have always preached that you need to do you when it comes to this game! You don't HAVE to do the CSP, then the Inks, then the Freedoms, then other Chase cards, etc IF Amex cards make more sense to what YOU want to do. I mean all that said, I had the CSR since it's launch, CIP, 2 CICs, CIU, Freedom (OG), CFF. And I'm sitting on over 500k URs. And I'll likely try the MDD coming up. BUT that said, I've gotten personal cards when others would say it didn't make sense, or Amex cards. Heck I love AA miles, and I'm looking forward to getting some personal AA cards once I do the MDD this summer.
Exactly! I was so mad that I was at 4/24 or I would've been on the offer. I plan on getting another CIC when the first payment for dd's tuition is due in September, which is the primary reason that I didn't go to 5/24, though tbh I thought about it many times.

I've been in your b-day party situation a few times. It is a lot of money for 24 hours -- it's not an easy decision. I have a similar situation on Canada Day weekend but this time I'm going because I've missed so many family events over the last 2 years and I'm very close with this family member. It's a 5 hour drive but I think that I'll fly to use some eUpgrades with AC and cut down on drive time (5 hours), but of course I'll need a rental car and it's Canada Day weekend so it's not going to be cheap (plus hotel, but I've got some hotel 'money' from my Cdn churning that I plan on using).

Currently, the first time you transfer points to another individual’s account, you’ll need to call the number on the back of your card. Explain to the agent that you’d like to combine your points with a member of your household. The agent will ask for the card number of your household member, but then you will be able to initiate a transfer.

After calling, your household member’s account should appear as an eligible account to transfer points to online. So, you’ll only need to call once unless you or your household member decide to remove the account.

I read this as well, but it didn't apply to my case. I transferred my Freedom points to Hubby's CSP by calling in. We are both AU on the other, so the rep could quickly see we were household members and transferred no problem.

When I logged back in to do it myself a couple months later, his card did NOT appear as an eligible transfer card. I once again had to call in. The agent was able to do it quickly; she saw in the history that I had already transferred to his card so only asked me to confirm the last 4. Even after this second transfer, his card does not appear on the site as an eligible transfer for me.

I read this as well, but it didn't apply to my case. I transferred my Freedom points to Hubby's CSP by calling in. We are both AU on the other, so the rep could quickly see we were household members and transferred no problem.

When I logged back in to do it myself a couple months later, his card did NOT appear as an eligible transfer card. I once again had to call in. The agent was able to do it quickly; she saw in the history that I had already transferred to his card so only asked me to confirm the last 4. Even after this second transfer, his card does not appear on the site as an eligible transfer for me.
This is my experience also. Although the 2nd time I did it, they did is via SM

I have a question on Chase offers. I know Amex you can only use the card you saved it on, and not someone elses card on the same account. What about with Chase? I have an Office Depot 10% on dh's Disney card, but it's a joint card, we each have one, same account number etc. I do not have the offer under my login. Anyone know if I use my card, will it work?

I have a question on Chase offers. I know Amex you can only use the card you saved it on, and not someone elses card on the same account. What about with Chase? I have an Office Depot 10% on dh's Disney card, but it's a joint card, we each have one, same account number etc. I do not have the offer under my login. Anyone know if I use my card, will it work?
I haven’t done it but since it’s the same card number I’d think it would work

Finally had my Wells Fargo Business Bank Account appointment today. He was surprised at the $1500 Bonus. Everything went smoothly. I was also prequalified for the Biz Card - figured what the heck as it does not add to my 5/25. Even though I just got a Chase Ink Card... Oh well.. will make the spend somehow!!

Finally had my Wells Fargo Business Bank Account appointment today. He was surprised at the $1500 Bonus. Everything went smoothly. I was also prequalified for the Biz Card - figured what the heck as it does not add to my 5/25. Even though I just got a Chase Ink Card... Oh well.. will make the spend somehow!!
Very nice. What is the $1500 bonus?

Did they run your credit report? I have mine frozen, i should probably unfreeze mine.

Thank you for posting. I just bought the Utah series for our summer trip for $15. It sounds perfect for our family. I'm the one that does tons of research and figures out where to go but then the rest of them want me to tell them all about where we are so I've found that audio tours keep everyone engaged!

Really cool. After using Jeannie's guidebook in Iceland and the Shaka app in Hawaii, I am finding that I tend to over-complicate things and do too much research. It's so much better to leave it to an expert and then use the tools they are providing. Audio or book guides are the way to go for sure!

I am doing an Instacart Order for Disney on the 7th. What Chase Cards have the free membership? And do you know if they will deliver alcohol if we are not there? Was going to have driver stop and pick up our order but may be easier to have them deliver.

https://www.cnbc.com/select/chase-instacart-express-benefit-for-cardholders/

But it's only good through the end of April (tomorrow). But I had stacked mine with the free Hilton 2 months (expired now), so mine is good until the end of June. I've never ordered alcohol but I am almost positive there are liquor stores on, but not sure if you have to be present to receive.

Hey ya'll, I was thrown for a loop when I went in for a typical cosmetic visit and mentioned a small area under my eye. Seems it is most likely basal cell carcinoma- just waiting on pathology results to confirm. The derm was as certain as you can be without pathology. I'm very pragmatic and prefer that kind of straightforward approach- I really don't like to be in limbo. So I am happy to operate under the assumption it is BCC and begin to formulate a plan. Seems like Mohs will most likely be the treatment, coordinated with plastic surgery, though those details are less certain.

The reason I mention it here is because I am hoping for advice from anyone who's been dealt with something similar. We are supposed to travel to Italy in about 60 days and while I've had all of our accomodations booked for the last year, I haven't pulled the trigger yet on flights. I know, that's super unusual, especially for me. The next 30 days flights were predicted to drop, so I was waiting. But, with the uncertainty of needing a procedure and then the sun and heat in Tuscany and Rome, I'm just not sure what to do if flight prices suddenly get to where I want them. Any thoughts?

P.S. It's really fine, I'm fine, it's super common and it's just one of those things. I am incredibly grateful for my life, including challenges like this.

Hey ya'll, I was thrown for a loop when I went in for a typical cosmetic visit and mentioned a small area under my eye. Seems it is most likely basal cell carcinoma- just waiting on pathology results to confirm. The derm was as certain as you can be without pathology. I'm very pragmatic and prefer that kind of straightforward approach- I really don't like to be in limbo. So I am happy to operate under the assumption it is BCC and begin to formulate a plan. Seems like Mohs will most likely be the treatment, coordinated with plastic surgery, though those details are less certain.

The reason I mention it here is because I am hoping for advice from anyone who's been dealt with something similar. We are supposed to travel to Italy in about 60 days and while I've had all of our accomodations booked for the last year, I haven't pulled the trigger yet on flights. I know, that's super unusual, especially for me. The next 30 days flights were predicted to drop, so I was waiting. But, with the uncertainty of needing a procedure and then the sun and heat in Tuscany and Rome, I'm just not sure what to do if flight prices suddenly get to where I want them. Any thoughts?

P.S. It's really fine, I'm fine, it's super common and it's just one of those things. I am incredibly grateful for my life, including challenges like this.
Count me in on experience with Mohs, but not under the eye. My derm has been able to do all of mine without plastic intervention. I’ve had one on my head(scalp on my part), corner of lip, top of sternum and shoulder. All healed fairly easily.
My sister had her nostril reconstructed. Derm did the Mohs, plastic finished. It was a process of several weeks, with various steps. Large initial incision that needed lots of sun protection. Looks amazing now.
Honestly, if it was me, I would enjoy your vacation first. BCC is not going to spread so no worries there. That way you enjoy your vacation and have the time to heal etc at home!

Totally off topic, but I've quit getting email notifications from threads I'm subscribed to here on the boards. I still have them on my watch list and I'm logged in. I'm not sure what else to check. Any ideas?

Totally off topic, but I've quit getting email notifications from threads I'm subscribed to here on the boards. I still have them on my watch list and I'm logged in. I'm not sure what else to check. Any ideas?
Check your spam. Most of mine go there.

I am considering getting TSA precheck for the first time.

The first available appointment near me is May 17.

Anyone have a guess as to how soon after the appointment I might actually get it? The next time I plan to fly is July 12. (I have no idea how long this kind of thing takes).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter