I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

Weird thing just happened. I was chatting with Amex, fishing for a retention offer on my biz plat. The rep was questioning whether I found value in the benefits. I began typing that I liked the wireless credit and then deleted those words and wrote something instead about not needing the dell credit. The rep's response started with "I'm glad you like the wireless credit!" My submitted response didn't include anything about liking the wireless credit. Maybe I'm just paranoid, but it was like the rep had seen what I began typing before I finished and hit return. Anyway, the offer was 20k points for 20k spend in 183 days. No thanks. I think I'll try again next week, by phone.

Weird thing just happened. I was chatting with Amex, fishing for a retention offer on my biz plat. The rep was questioning whether I found value in the benefits. I began typing that I liked the wireless credit and then deleted those words and wrote something instead about not needing the dell credit. The rep's response started with "I'm glad you like the wireless credit!" My submitted response didn't include anything about liking the wireless credit. Maybe I'm just paranoid, but it was like the rep had seen what I began typing before I finished and hit return. Anyway, the offer was 20k points for 20k spend in 183 days. No thanks. I think I'll try again next week, by phone.
I read something similar on Reddit. That the chat rep. responded to something the person had deleted. Seems like they can see what you are typing. Wouldn’t surprise me.

Trying to decide what to do with the $50 back when you spend $200 at Sephora deal on DHs CSR - can sephora gift cards be used at the Sephora locations in Kohls?

So I keep seeing you guys mentioning the US Bank Biz Bonus, so I finally looked it up. Is it really that easy? Are there any issues with a "biz"? I have a US Bank personal account as my main account, had it for 9 years. That doesn't exclude me from the biz bonus right? the $800 is a nice chunk, but I have to wait until the 1st of November, to pull my $$ back out of Discover, where it's parked for a bonus there. And the CC funding works with Ink cards?

Do you not use the $300 travel credit when you book through Cap One? I know that’s only part of the AF, but it’s something. Their PP is not quite as useful without the restaurants, I agree with that.
I can find a way to use it. But seems that I am not getting any added value. The fee and travel credit pretty much wipe each other out. So, If the Venture is basically the same. No sense in keeping the Venture X if I don't get anything more from it.

I can find a way to use it. But seems that I am not getting any added value. The fee and travel credit pretty much wipe each other out. So, If the Venture is basically the same. No sense in keeping the Venture X if I don't get anything more from it.
I did not keep mine, for that same reason. Kept the Venture One to hold my miles.

I know chase has moved stuff around and I tried Google. Where do I find how much of my travel credit on the CSR I've used and when it resets?

I can find it in the benefits but it doesn't tell me anything. I know I've used it all but I also think it resets sometime soon. Just trying to figure out what card to put a deposit on. If the credit resets soon or has I'll use it otherwise I'll use another card.

ETA I was on the website not the app.

I was able to get us business class seats for our flight home from South Africa, the best part is that we'll have a 17 hour layover in Cairo (we'll visit the pyramid, eek). We land in IAD - Washington Dulles Intl at 5:10AM. There are lots of flights leaving the DC area, but how difficult is it to get to the other airports if I find a better flight? Currently there is a 7AM American Airlines flight from IAD for 6K miles or there is a flight that leaves at 8:55AM but that's 26K miles. There is also a direct flight from DCA at 1PM, which is just too long of a layover. thoughts?

Trying to decide what to do with the $50 back when you spend $200 at Sephora deal on DHs CSR - can sephora gift cards be used at the Sephora locations in Kohls?
I'm not sure about the answer to this question but I was going to point out that Sephora has their VIB Sale in November where you can get 10%-30% off depending on what level of beauty insider you are. Making that gift card go even further. I am planning on getting a gift card and then using it during the sale for Christmas gifts.

I know chase has moved stuff around and I tried Google. Where do I find how much of my travel credit on the CSR I've used and when it resets?

I can find it in the benefits but it doesn't tell me anything. I know I've used it all but I also think it resets sometime soon. Just trying to figure out what card to put a deposit on. If the credit resets soon or has I'll use it otherwise I'll use another card.

If you can see it in benefits there should be a question mark. If you hover over that question mark it will tell you when you'll get the $300 again.

If you can see it in benefits there should be a question mark. If you hover over that question mark it will tell you when you'll get the $300 again.

Ah, guess I'll get my laptop out to make it easier. Shouldn't be so complicated. Used to be right there easy to find. Thanks!

ETA there isn't a question mark just a learn more that tells you to read the t&c's and they tell you to call thr number on the back of your card which is nuts since they used to provide the date.

I see it under Ultimate Rewards -> Home, towards the bottom. If I go through Card Benefits, that takes me to Reward Details, which doesn't show it (the tab next to it is Home).

Ah, guess I'll get my laptop out to make it easier. Shouldn't be so complicated. Used to be right there easy to find. Thanks!

ETA there isn't a question mark just a learn more that tells you to read the t&c's and they tell you to call thr number on the back of your card which is nuts since they used to provide the date.
That's odd. I see the next credit start date in the same place online or in the app.

Attachments

• Attachment0 (3).jpeg
    Attachment0 (3).jpeg
    38.2 KB · Views: 6
I see it under Ultimate Rewards -> Home, towards the bottom. If I go through Card Benefits, that takes me to Reward Details, which doesn't show it (the tab next to it is Home).

That's what was happening. But also they could have it in both spots.

Good news is that it has reset, I thought it did sometime this month. Can put my deposit on it and taxes for the reward flights I need to book soon.

Same thing happened one time chatting, I came out and asked if she could see as I was typing and she confirmed she could.

There's talk on r/churning today about pending due to a failed pop-up. Link

Have you had 5 Amex cc's and then canceled one? It can take a long time to drop off. Hopefully it's just verification!

Between DH and myself we’ve had several cards go pending. You can check here

https://online.americanexpress.com/..._flowId=authentication&_flowExecutionKey=e1s1

Ultimately we’ve always been approved. Some applications just take a few days. I wouldn’t sweat it. You’ll more than likely get an approval email later this week.

Thanks for the info on my "pending review" Amex BBP NLL targeted offer. I received a call from Amex the next business day, asking me to confirm my year of birth and home address. Only question they asked was if my biz address was same as home address. Then he said everything looks good and I should receive a response in 5-10 business days. At about midnight I got an email that the BBP had been approved. This was the 50k offer for $15k/12 months and at 2x everything, it's the perfect card to just throw stuff on in between MSRs.

I've never gone pending before, but here's what I think happened. This was a targeted offer when logged in on desktop, so I clicked through to apply while logged in and it prompted me to use pre-filled info from a selection of other biz cards. A few days ago I had toggled on "use random hardware addresses" in my wifi settings, in an attempt to get the 150k biz gold offer to surface. I think bc I was logged into a device Amex didn't recognize and logged into my account, I tripped up a need for identity verification.

1697129812896.png

I was able to get us business class seats for our flight home from South Africa, the best part is that we'll have a 17 hour layover in Cairo (we'll visit the pyramid, eek). We land in IAD - Washington Dulles Intl at 5:10AM. There are lots of flights leaving the DC area, but how difficult is it to get to the other airports if I find a better flight? Currently there is a 7AM American Airlines flight from IAD for 6K miles or there is a flight that leaves at 8:55AM but that's 26K miles. There is also a direct flight from DCA at 1PM, which is just too long of a layover. thoughts?

Sorry, no answers, but you were able to make South Africa work with your husband's schedule? Yay!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter