I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

Yes! He talked to his director (which happens to be taking a 2 week vacation in April) and pretty much said he is going. Helps that she scheduled a long vacation.

I can understand not taking all 3 or 4 weeks of your vacation at once but anywhere should at least allow 2 weeks.

Our vacation mindset in this country really needs to change. We don't need to be like some European counties and take the entire summer off but it should be normal to use and not something you get crap for doing or told no, you can't take that much at once. Had a boss that would always approve and then give me a hard time after. My job had very little that was time sensitive especially over Christmas which was when I used most of my time. It was so annoying. Only thing that would pile up was the mail because the AP lady would only take her stuff and jot give anyone else their mail 🤦‍♀️

I was able to get us business class seats for our flight home from South Africa, the best part is that we'll have a 17 hour layover in Cairo (we'll visit the pyramid, eek). We land in IAD - Washington Dulles Intl at 5:10AM. There are lots of flights leaving the DC area, but how difficult is it to get to the other airports if I find a better flight? Currently there is a 7AM American Airlines flight from IAD for 6K miles or there is a flight that leaves at 8:55AM but that's 26K miles. There is also a direct flight from DCA at 1PM, which is just too long of a layover. thoughts?
Maybe I'm just a nervous nelly, but I feel like the 7am flight is too soon if you land at 5:10am. You'll need to clear customs and immigration and get to your gate and you may have to switch terminals (I can't remember for IAD specifically)

I can understand not taking all 3 or 4 weeks of your vacation at once but anywhere should at least allow 2 weeks.

Our vacation mindset in this country really needs to change. We don't need to be like some European counties and take the entire summer off but it should be normal to use and not something you get crap for doing or told no, you can't take that much at once. Had a boss that would always approve and then give me a hard time after. My job had very little that was time sensitive especially over Christmas which was when I used most of my time. It was so annoying. Only thing that would pile up was the mail because the AP lady would only take her stuff and jot give anyone else their mail 🤦‍♀️
It's a 2 week vacation, which is the same as we did last year.

Maybe I'm just a nervous nelly, but I feel like the 7am flight is too soon if you land at 5:10am. You'll need to clear customs and immigration and get to your gate and you may have to switch terminals (I can't remember for IAD specifically)
We've only ever cleared customs and immigration through DFW and it is the easiest and fastest ever, we do have to change terminals but it never takes more than an hour.

I got an email from WF to deposit $25k for 3 months for $525 bonus. Works out to an 8.4% interest rate. I'm tempted.

DW's AMEX business gold has an offer to upgrade to the business platinum. How long do these normally last? We can't do $15k spend in 3 months under normal circumstances. If it lasts awhile I could apply in May 2024 and use the card to pay tuition for our kids. Is there a chance it lasts that long?

Been lurking here for a few months learning and churning. Transferred 120K UR to Virgin Atlantic for UC tickets SEA-LHR (30% bonus meant only 60k for 77.5k tickets).

Now we need suggestion for Hiltons in London. Will be there for 5 nights before moving to Marriott's Village D'ile-De-France for a week in a three bedroom I traded my Branson week for through Interval. So we have room covered for that part of the trip.

Then back to London for a few nights before flying back. Plan to use our three Hilton FNC for that portion in London.

Would love some suggestions for the first five nights on points and then the last few nights on FNC.

Thanks in advance and thanks again to everyone posting here! I have learned a lot and look forward to learning more.

DW's AMEX business gold has an offer to upgrade to the business platinum. How long do these normally last? We can't do $15k spend in 3 months under normal circumstances. If it lasts awhile I could apply in May 2024 and use the card to pay tuition for our kids. Is there a chance it lasts that long?

What's the offer? The upgrade offers I've seen reported have 10k spend.

Hard to say how long it'll last, but since May is a ways off, I'd guess it won't last that long.

We are in our late 50s and my DH has never been able to take more than a week at a time (I think once we actually left on a Friday with the following week off, so I guess that's 6 straight work days). Our first 2 week vacation occurred this last summer after we both retired from full time/professional work. He did work for a smaller family owned business and the owners (and other family members who worked there) did not take that kind of time off either, so it was impossible for him. And it took a very long time for him to get more than 2 week total.

Now our only limiting factor is our aging dog with some health needs. It's hard and very expensive to get an in house dog sitter.

Agreed, doubtful it'll be around in May. Honestly those offers could be gone tomorrow, they're so tempermental. I'd put it at 3 months max. If I really wanted the offer, I'd be tempted to use it in mid December, so you can quadriple dip the Dell credit ($800) and triple dip the airline incidental credit ($600).

But honestly, I'd do the math on an Ink. Probably makes more sense.

My "what to get next card" has been derailed.... I have gotten the last few cards. Plan was to wait until October ish and get DH the SW Biz Card and then another in like January. Just looked at past cards. He is not eligible for these cards again until February and May (except for a personal card).

Well dang.... Now back to the drawing board. Could go for another Ink for DH since the offer is still high. I just finished the spend on mine. Just not sure I can do $6000 in 3 months. I guess If all else, I could pay off my next Septembers cruise. Has there been any talk on how long the increased Ink's will be around?

I got an email from WF to deposit $25k for 3 months for $525 bonus. Works out to an 8.4% interest rate. I'm tempted.
i did that one earlier this year. Only issue was they wouldn't allow me to transfer that much in electronically, had to go in and deposit a paper check. Then they flagged it as unusual activity, literally because I opened a new account and deposited 25,000 into it! Made me laugh but I did get the bonus after 90 days. I was able to electronically transfer the 25,000 out within a one month time frame.

The money just has to be in there by day 30, so your interest rate could be higher, just don't wait until day 30 in case of an issue like mine. They did credit the deposit in time, with a 2 week hold on the funds I think because a check from Chase that paid out the day I deposited it was potential fraud. :guilty:

ive had customs take 2 hours once with global entry in NYC (there was some sit out for workers in the area) so I understand that but most of the time its 5-10 minutes.

I'm looking for some information on product changing my chase freedom flex card to the CSR, or CSP. I punched my info into the website that popped up but it said I had no offers - does that mean I'm not eligible or do I have to call? I've got some travel to book with my URs and am looking to take advantage of the points bonus. Thanks all!

We are in our late 50s and my DH has never been able to take more than a week at a time (I think once we actually left on a Friday with the following week off, so I guess that's 6 straight work days). Our first 2 week vacation occurred this last summer after we both retired from full time/professional work. He did work for a smaller family owned business and the owners (and other family members who worked there) did not take that kind of time off either, so it was impossible for him. And it took a very long time for him to get more than 2 week total.

Now our only limiting factor is our aging dog with some health needs. It's hard and very expensive to get an in house dog sitter.

My MIL is in the same situation. I work for local gov't and DH works for a public school (he's not a teacher, year-round employee). So we get lots of vacation time. I get 21 days of vacation + 14 holidays + 12 sick days. I think DH gets 15 days + 5 personal days.

I'm looking for some information on product changing my chase freedom flex card to the CSR, or CSP. I punched my info into the website that popped up but it said I had no offers - does that mean I'm not eligible or do I have to call? I've got some travel to book with my URs and am looking to take advantage of the points bonus. Thanks all!
I think you always have to call Chase for a product change? And the card needs a minimum credit limit to change, might be $5000 for CSP?

You can call to product change your card to the CSP or CSR. You should do the math on the annual fees vs the improved point rate to see which makes sense.

If you haven't received the bonus on either in 48 months, it might make sense to apply for the CSP or CSR as a new card and earn the sign up bonus on it.

We are in our 60s and have only gone away for 7-10 days at a time due to work…I hear you on the dog sitter…..also have a 15 year old dog, my daughter use to watch her but now with 3 little ones it’s too much for her…we have someone come 4 times a day at $30 a pop it’s usually the most expensive part of our trips down to FL to see our son and his family…they do take credit cards though…

My Dh and I work for the same company and both have 6 weeks PTO every year. You'd think that they would encourage taking 2 weeks at a time off since then you'd eat thru the PTO fast but no - there are a few people that get to take 2 weeks at a time but then you're given the trip of "this being a one time thing". I don't get it, why give it if you don't want us to use it. When the kids were little more of mine got used for their random days off school but now, I'm getting to where I'd like to take those 2 weeks together.

I'm also like you with the house sitter. We used to have a friend who did it and I didn't worry about the dogs or the house when we were gone. Now it's like a carousel trying to find someone who will do it and I pay well. Our most recent is a SAHM and I told her "I'm not giving your info to anyone before asking you" as I want to keep her!!

To PC you have to call Chase, your CFF has to be over a year old…to PC to a CSR it needs a $10,000 CL, for a CSP it needs a $5,000 CL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter