I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way I look at it, rent or mortgages have to be paid regardless if you want to keep the roof over your head. Cash, checks and direct debits don't earn you anything. So is the 2.5% processing fee that Plastiq charges worth 3x UR points on the principal payment and the processing fee? Using @wendow's mortgage of $2,100, a 2.5% fee is $52.50; 3x UR points on $2,152.50 is 6457.5 UR points. Is it worth it to spend an extra $52.50 to earn 6457.5 UR points? You're essentially buying 1 UR point at 0.8¢. By comparison, I've seen UR points valued at 1.5-2.2¢. It's worth enough that I'm going to try this next month.

$.008 per point.

currently doing $2300, earning 7100 UR point at around $60(all rounding)
remember to set your cash advance to $0. be prepared to send them a copy of your lease. and use apple/android pay!

ink cash. get an ink cash. 5x + gyft.com is basically 5x at target and walmart and amazon. its my fastest earning card atm. single guy here on a college income, im able to earn 45k alone.
if you guys are willing to walk the fine line, fake a rental agreement and use radpad to ms. u earn .01%. or u buy points at less than $.01.
or buying visa debit cards...
I keep confusing myself between the Ink Cash, Ink Preferred, Freedom and Freedom Unlimited. You like Ink Cash better than Ink Preferred even with the 100k bonus offer?

I keep confusing myself between the Ink Cash, Ink Preferred, Freedom and Freedom Unlimited. You like Ink Cash better than Ink Preferred even with the 100k bonus offer?

yes, Ink Cash imo has the better catergory.
Ink Cash = 5x Office Supply Stores, Internet/Cable, 2x Gas/Restaurants (up to $25,000)
Ink Pre = 3x on travel, shipping, internet, cable, phone, advertising. (up to $150,000)

Freedom = 5% rotating category (Q1 - Gas | Q2 - Groceries | Q3 - Restaurants | Q4 - Its a surprise)
Freedom Unlimited = 1.5% of everything | Currently is at 30k with $500 spendings, in branch only YMMV.

Ink Cash's Office Supply stores is the key. 5x on basically any gift card u find at Staples/Office Max. The one i use the most is gyft.com. If used with paypal, they all code 5x. (Target, amazon, Walmart, Lowes, macys Dunkin Donut, Nike, Southwest, Starbucks, home depot ... +200 more retailers (edit: sorry, no Disney... haha)) it is instant buying as well. i will be shopping at Target, make an estimate of how much i would spend, buy it right there on my phone, scan at the register.

Ink pre - travel is covered if you got CSR, honestly the only big one is Advertising. I know advertising is a huge budget to companies, thats about all that great with this card.
100K is def nice, but honestly, idk if the card is a keeper. Ink Cash is. so i guess it depends on your churning style... sign up bonus or a continuously used card. Also Ink cash has no af. I only as a college student income earned around 45k in the last year on Ink+(which is the same as Ink Cash)

Last edited:
$.008 per point.

currently doing $2300, earning 7100 UR point at around $60(all rounding)
remember to set your cash advance to $0. be prepared to send them a copy of your lease. and use apple/android pay!
Why would you have to verify your lease? Could this be used for a car payment?

Why would you have to verify your lease? Could this be used for a car payment?

no, rent only. They want to "verify" the amount and address. but my guess is to make sure u are actually paying rent.(but of course, u can always fake a lease... *cough cough*)
if you want to use it for car payment, i think u need plastiq.

While we realize this may be a slight inconvenience for you - providing us with a photo of your drivers license and a copy of your lease agreement helps us protect you and ensures your rent payments arrive on time.

Please ensure your lease agreement shows your name, date, and home address.

yes, Ink Cash imo has the better catergory.
Ink Cash = 5x Office Supply Stores, Internet/Cable, 2x Gas/Restaurants (up to $25,000)
Ink Pre = 3x on travel, shipping, internet, cable, phone, advertising. (up to $150,000)

Freedom = 5% rotating category (Q1 - Gas | Q2 - Groceries | Q3 - Restaurants | Q4 - Its a surprise)
Freedom Unlimited = 1.5% of everything | Currently is at 30k with $500 spendings, in branch only YMMV.

Ink Cash's Office Supply stores is the key. 5x on basically any gift card u find at Staples/Office Max. The one i use the most is gyft.com. If used with paypal, they all code 5x. (Target, amazon, Walmart, Lowes, macys Dunkin Donut, Nike, Southwest, Starbucks, home depot ... +200 more retailers (edit: sorry, no Disney... haha)) it is instant buying as well. i will be shopping at Target, make an estimate of how much i would spend, buy it right there on my phone, scan at the register.

Ink pre - travel is covered if you got CSR, honestly the only big one is Advertising. I know advertising is a huge budget to companies, thats about all that great with this card.
100K is def nice, but honestly, idk if the card is a keeper. Ink Cash is. so i guess it depends on your churning style... sign up bonus or a continuously used card. Also Ink cash has no af. I only as a college student income earned around 45k in the last year on Ink+(which is the same as Ink Cash)
Ok, I see your point. I would rather have Ink Cash for spending but want Ink Preferred for points. I can see Ink Preferred would be a sock draw card for me, the only point of having it would be the bonus. You did slay me with the "no Disney" that pushes me over to the Freedom, if I don't go for the IP or United business points. Thanks for spelling it all out in one place for me, helped me to wrap my mind around all of it, much appreciated.

Ok, I see your point. I would rather have Ink Cash for spending but want Ink Preferred for points. I can see Ink Preferred would be a sock draw card for me, the only point of having it would be the bonus. You did slay me with the "no Disney" that pushes me over to the Freedom, if I don't go for the IP or United business points. Thanks for spelling it all out in one place for me, helped me to wrap my mind around all of it, much appreciated.

haha, that would be with just gyft.com though. You may want to stop by an office supply store and see if they have any Disney GC there. another alternative it seems to work but is a bit risky is Card Cash. DP show its 5x there too.

How do you take advantage of the Freedom quarterly categories?
Can you buy gas GC at gas stations to take advantage of the 5% up to the (I think) $1,500 limit? And grocery store GC at the grocery store you shop at? If I wanted to focus on Disney GC could they be bought and included in the 5% if purchased at gas stations and grocery stores during their bonus period? Thanks

Has anyone used paypal funded with a credit card to pay for a service?
Does the payee need to have a paypal account?
Are there fees?

Are there fees?

You can't really "fund" your PayPal account with a credit card. You "add" a credit card to your PayPal account and it becomes part of your "wallet." You can also add bank accounts. PayPal will actually ask you to add a credit card and bank account in your name to "complete" your profile. You can then make payments from your bank account or credit card through PayPal. The payee needs to also have PayPal, and you need the payee's email address associated with their PayPal account to send the money to.

PayPal does not charge a fee to the sender or payee when you send payments using your bank account or PayPal balance. PayPal charges a 2.9% + 30¢ transaction fee when you send payments using a credit or debit card. The fee is usually charged to the sender, but the sender can pass the fee onto the payee, which the payee can choose to pay to accept the transfer or decline the transaction. PayPal does not charge buyers a fee when using PayPal to checkout with merchants (e.g., when paying on eBay).

Can you buy gas GC at gas stations to take advantage of the 5% up to the (I think) $1,500 limit? And grocery store GC at the grocery store you shop at? If I wanted to focus on Disney GC could they be bought and included in the 5% if purchased at gas stations and grocery stores during their bonus period? Thanks

After activating the quarterly categories though the Chase account we get creative with the Freedom in the same manner we do the Ink+ at office supply stores.

Q1 - Gas - Purchase gas of course. One of our local gas stations sells Amazon gift cards.

Q2 - Groceries - We mostly shop at Costco and Whole F̶o̶o̶d̶s̶ Paycheck but will switch to Publix during this quarter. Publix also sells Disney GCs as well as a few other store and restaurant GCs not found at the office supply stores so we will pick those up too.

Q3 - Restaurants - This a great double/triple dip one. DH maintains VIP status on the American Airlines Dining Rewards network. This means he will get 5 AA miles for every dollar when he dins at a restaurant in the network and pays with a cc that he has added to the account. We find restaurants we like or want to try out in the AA Dining network and purchase gift cards for those restaurants. For each maxed out Freedom category bonus (I have one Freedom he has 2) we get 7500 UR points and 7500 AA miles. Then when we decide to use them at a restaurant we make the reservation through Open Table. We will dine with friends, family, co-workers at the restaurants, pay with the gift cards and if/when splitting checks everyone gives us cash or does a Chase Quick Pay. Gift cards to restaurants also come in handy as birthday/Christmas/holiday/random celebration gifts too.

Speaking of restaurants, my Amex Everyday card had an offer for spending $25 at Carraba's and getting 1000 MR.

Q4 - popcorn::

Are there fees?

There will be no fee to the person sending the money. In your case, the payee will need an account (no fees to have an account), but will pay 2.9% + $0.30. It's not really that they will pay it, more so that they they will have that amount deducted from the payment.

If you are paying someone you know and trust, you can choose personal payment, pay with your Paypal balance or bank account funds and there is no fee.
In any other situation, the person receiving the money will have the fee deducted from the amount they receive, that includes ebay sellers, merchants, etc and it does not matter where the funds are coming from.

Sending money via personal payment should only be used with those you know and trust, you do not have any buyer protection when going this route.

https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/What-are-the-fees-for-PayPal-accounts-FAQ690

at add to calypso's post

Q1 - the trouble with gas station is their willingness to sell you a gift card with a credit card. Here in LA, they have cracked down on it so its hard to find a gas station that will let u use CC. YMMV

Q2 - should be easy to max out

Q3 - calypso uses AA portal, if your a UA flyer, theres also a UA portal(MileageX). May or May not include getting dragged off the plane though. ;)

Q4 - last year was drug stores, u might be able to find Disney GCs there, the previous was amazon(10x). i ended up buying a $500 amazon gc to max out my category.

@calypso726 Do u know if office supply stores sell Disney GCs?

It appears Plastiq is now coding "Rent, Mortgage, and Real Estate" payments as travel. Not clear if Plastiq as a merchant in general is coding all payments made through them as travel, or if the coding is specific to rent, mortgage, and real estate category payments. I know Plastiq did not previously code for travel, but if there's been a change then it's a recent one. No disagreement RadPad codes as 3x travel on CSR/Apple Pay/Android Pay. (I have to assume Plastiq is aware RadPad is processing rent payments again and coding for 3x travel, and could have seen a large drop-off in those kind of payments this month.) As I said, I saw a thread about this pop up (and disappear) on the churning subreddit over the weekend, and again at the posted link. I'm going to try a few payments for different expenses later this month to see how Plastiq codes.

Edit: The reddit post was edited due to confusion between CSR and CapitalOne. Like @Albort said... need to look into CSR further. DoC posted about this so the DPs in the comments should be interesting.

Please Please post data points on your experiences with how it is coded. I would love to pad
UR account. Right now i pay all bills(except mortgage) with Venture so i can get 2% back for travel.

Please Please post data points on your experiences with how it is coded. I would love to pad
UR account. Right now i pay all bills(except mortgage) with Venture so i can get 2% back for travel.

it seems like venture would work with plastiq since the guy paid using a CapOne card. Only way to find out is to try $20 and see how it codes down. If it works, then MS away!
u would be going at at loss though. if your Venture gets u 2x, then u pay .5x. so a $2000 payment, u pay plastiq $2050, u earn 4100 pts. $.012 cents per point. it it worth buying venture card points? thats for u to decide! :]

radpad + any 3x travel card is still a better deal though. $2000 payment, $2059.80. 6180 pts. $.009 cents per point.

micropenny difference though LOL

well damn, all my bill pays dont take Amex cards... idk how to meet spendings now... :(

no choice, gotta use plastiq. :(

Last edited:
After activating the quarterly categories though the Chase account we get creative with the Freedom in the same manner we do the Ink+ at office supply stores.

Q1 - Gas - Purchase gas of course. One of our local gas stations sells Amazon gift cards.

Q2 - Groceries - We mostly shop at Costco and Whole F̶o̶o̶d̶s̶ Paycheck but will switch to Publix during this quarter. Publix also sells Disney GCs as well as a few other store and restaurant GCs not found at the office supply stores so we will pick those up too.

Q3 - Restaurants - This a great double/triple dip one. DH maintains VIP status on the American Airlines Dining Rewards network. This means he will get 5 AA miles for every dollar when he dins at a restaurant in the network and pays with a cc that he has added to the account. We find restaurants we like or want to try out in the AA Dining network and purchase gift cards for those restaurants. For each maxed out Freedom category bonus (I have one Freedom he has 2) we get 7500 UR points and 7500 AA miles. Then when we decide to use them at a restaurant we make the reservation through Open Table. We will dine with friends, family, co-workers at the restaurants, pay with the gift cards and if/when splitting checks everyone gives us cash or does a Chase Quick Pay. Gift cards to restaurants also come in handy as birthday/Christmas/holiday/random celebration gifts too.

Speaking of restaurants, my Amex Everyday card had an offer for spending $25 at Carraba's and getting 1000 MR.

Q4 - popcorn::
Q1 - Besides filling up, do gas GCs count also?
Q2 - I shop at Whole Paycheck also lol, but will be able to hit up Kroger's for GC's. Does liquor count if purchased at a grocery store or is that excluded.
Q3 - I just used the UA M+ app at a restaurant for the 1st time last week. I tied it to my CSR card so got 3x from Chase and 3 pnts per $ from UA. I was so excited that I got a total of 420 pnts for $70 that I would have spent anyway.
How do you get two of the same card, was one a PC?

at add to calypso's post

They do here in FL. This is where our Ink+ cards get a lot of action.

Q1 - Besides filling up, do gas GCs count also?
Q2 - I shop at Whole Paycheck also lol, but will be able to hit up Kroger's for GC's. Does liquor count if purchased at a grocery store or is that excluded.
Q3 - I just used the UA M+ app at a restaurant for the 1st time last week. I tied it to my CSR card so got 3x from Chase and 3 pnts per $ from UA. I was so excited that I got a total of 420 pnts for $70 that I would have spent anyway.
How do you get two of the same card, was one a PC?

Yes, in my experience at the gas station I use.

In my experience all the purchases, including bottles of wine have counted at Publix.

Always exciting to see those points add up! Yes, it was product change DH made. We both had the CSP for years and when we got the CSR we PCd our CSP cards. I went for a CFU and DH went for a second Freedom card.

at add to calypso's post

Q1 - the trouble with gas station is their willingness to sell you a gift card with a credit card. Here in LA, they have cracked down on it so its hard to find a gas station that will let u use CC. YMMV

Q2 - should be easy to max out

Q3 - calypso uses AA portal, if your a UA flyer, theres also a UA portal(MileageX). May or May not include getting dragged off the plane though. ;)

Q4 - last year was drug stores, u might be able to find Disney GCs there, the previous was amazon(10x). i ended up buying a $500 amazon gc to max out my category.

Lol, I have seen that video like 5 times, not sure why it's viral but maybe it will cause a ticket sale. 10x on Amazon, oh man, I bought every gift from Amazon this last Christmas. Probably a good thing I didn't know about it I would have been shopping like it was free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter