I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ended up choosing BWI over Denver b/c I'm worried about snow too... but I know it's a crapshoot either place really....(LAX) the Denver Flight was a better time of day, but I thought BWI was a better shot...only time will tell
I wish I had a choice. I'd love the option of Vegas over Denver in the winter.

Last edited:
I received a 10% off up to $100 return total statement credit from Lowe's on my Amex. There is some language about "corporate gift cards" but I'm hoping that doesn't mean Disney gift cards. 10% off 3000 (I have 3 business Amex cards) is pretty good if it works.

Also received 20,000 MR for $1,000 spend on KLM and AirFrance. Interestingly, KLM wording says flight to originate in the US but AirFrance does not. This might possibly net me 60,000 MR for our flights to Europe next year. So excited just with the possibility. Check your Amex cards today...whoo hoo!

I received a 10% off up to $100 return (total) from Lowe's on my Amex. There is some language about "corporate gift cards" but I'm hoping that doesn't mean Disney gift cards. 10% off 3000 (I have 3 business Amex cards) is pretty good if it works.

Also received 20,000 MR for $1,000 spend on KLM and AirFrance. Interestingly, KLM wording says flight to originate in the US but AirFrance does not. This might possibly net me 60,000 MR for our flights to Europe next year. So excited just with the possibility. Check your Amex cards today...whoo hoo!
I think corporate gift cards typically means like when businesses buy them in bulk for stuff, ie a bulk buy of Lowes GCs for employee bonuses etc

thanks for that link/screenshot, but I don't know how to decipher it's meaning..... WHen I look at past purchases, that side of the screen is either blank and shows nothing,or just says transaction and th amount. nothing like that screenshot shows...

after purchase, you should see a little arrow that expands out to show u all the details. then you compare what you see with the images i posted and you will know then what kind of data is being sent.
L2 will give a general category on what was purchased
L3 is basically all the information you purchased.

I can’t even ...

One side of my face is laughing hysterically at this and the other side is trying to keep up and failing.
Well, I'm glad we can make at least half of you laugh! The other side will catch up in good time. Your posts often have me in tears and laughing out loud, you are hilarious!

Now I'm trying to figure out how to travel hack my way to Shanghai to see their version of POTC...so many Disney trips and not enough points, lol!

Do you mean go into a local Hitlon,and ask to buy a gc at the front desk,would trigger the 12x points?

That's the going theory, since it should post the same as any other front desk charge it should get picked up for the increased reward. It gets mentioned a lot on DoC to trigger AmEx offers, so the theory is it should work the same on the branded card. But it seems that usually you don't see an AmEx offer like this one,AmEx Offer: Hilton Hotels, Spend $300+ & Receive $35 , on the hotel brand card itself so not sure how many data points actually exist. Especially when just using your card will get you points so not really a need to buy a gift card for yourself without an extra offer.
Hopefully someone with first hand experience can chime in. I only have SPG on AmEx and can't manage to get targeted for any SPG offers even meant for SPG card holders so I'm just hoarding knowledge for later :) But the theory is sound based on how other resorts work, like Disney.

You'd basically need to cancel your subscription through Netflix (which may remain active until the end of the billing period), then (when your subscription is expired) re-sign up for a Netflix subscription through an Apple TV, iPhone, iPad or iPod touch (you shouldn't lose any preferences as long as you re-sign up with the same email). This is essentially an in-app purchase or subscription that gets billed to any iTunes credit loaded into your iTunes account and then the credit card on file in your iTunes account.

https://help.netflix.com/en/node/25099

P.S. I believe you can do this with Hulu too, but I don't subscribe to Hulu so have no personal experience.
Thank you Lain!:hug::thumbsup2

Good Morning!! I've been lurking and reading your amazing posts for a few days and I think I'm ready to take the credit card plunge! We travel to WDW at least once a year, and we do a few weekend trips throughout the year. We already have a SW card and use the points for flying. I'm curious about the Citi Prestige card with the 4th night free at a hotel, as well as the Chase Sapphire cards. How difficult is it to redeem the rewards? For example, we are staying 3 nights in July at BC...could I open the Citi Prestige card and add on the 4th night? Any advice, tips, suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance!!

Welcome! I don't know anything about the citi card but can help with Chase.

Chase has a 5/24 rule, so you can't open more than 5 of ANY cards in 24 months. Can you share where you are at on that? That will help us direct you.

The CSR has a high annual fee, offset by various credits, but allows you to redeem you URs at 1.5x value. So if you have 100,000 they are worth 150k ($1500) on the UR portal. That is a great way to pay for your disney trip! The CSP gets you 1.25x value. If you are under 5/24, you could start with a double dip...meaning apply to both cards in one day. That is the only way you can hold both cards, thus getting both sign up bonuses.

If you have any sort of "business" (ie sell on ebay or facebook, rental property, etc) you can apply for the CIP. It has a great sign up bonus as well.

I am a few hours behind on this thread, so you may have already received answers and replied to questions, but I had a minute and wanted to respond. We are friendly here so don't be a lurker! :flower:

where are you coming from? I got some earl-mid december from BDL-LAX for about 14k+ each way which isn't bad....

BNA. Mine were less than that at 12,500 ish, but in my experience I can get them much lower than that. :) They were higher opening day for 6 months from now than they are today for a month from now.

The changes to Visa processing are official have taken effect at Plastiq. Follow the link for the following overview, along with a list of specific credit cards and how future payments will be processed. Most personal Visas will either be treated as a cash advance, or will be limited to ~20% of your card limit.

"Effective June 1, customers may notice two temporary changes for select personal VISA credit cards. Plastiq is working with VISA to resolve this situation for the limited cards affected.

To determine if your card is one of those impacted, please review the below table.

The following cards will not be affected:

• Capital One personal VISA credit card
  • Visa business, corporate, debit, and prepaid cards
  • American Express*, Mastercard, Discover & JCB cards
If you have a scheduled payment and your transaction may be treated as a cash advance, we will cancel the payment & notify you accordingly.

We will always warn you of potential cash advance fees at the time of the transaction. If for some reason we do not and you incur those fees, please reach out to our team here."

The changes to Visa processing are official have taken effect at Plastiq. Follow the link for the following overview, along with a list of specific credit cards and how future payments will be processed. Most personal Visas will either be treated as a cash advance, or will be limited to 20% of your card limit.

"Effective June 1, customers may notice two temporary changes for select personal VISA credit cards. Plastiq is working with VISA to resolve this situation for the limited cards affected.

To determine if your card is one of those impacted, please review the below table.

If you have a scheduled payment and your transaction may be treated as a cash advance, we will cancel the payment & notify you accordingly.

We will always warn you of potential cash advance fees at the time of the transaction. If for some reason we do not and you incur those fees, please reach out to our team here."

I really don't understand Visa and why they'd want to limit people using their cards on plastiq. Anyone have insight here?

^Referencing Above Plastiq Announcement^
For those worried about the double dip MSR, Sapphires aren't completely nerfed, but you are currently restricted to payments of ~20% of your total credit limit. At a glance, I believe this is the same for all personal Chase Visas.

Cards processing as a cash advance:
Alaska Visa Signature
Asiana Visa Signature
AT&T Access from Citi
Bank of America Premium Rewards
Bank of America Travel Rewards
Celebrity Cruises
Citi Double Cash
Citi Prestige
Citi Simplicity
Citi ThankYou Preferred
Citi ThankYou Premier
Costco Anywhere Business
Costco Anywhere
Expedia +
Expedia + Voyager
Royal Caribbean
Susan G. Komen Cash Rewards
U.S. Pride
World Wildlife Fund

Last edited:
So as far as these chase annual fees posting and neither did today as I thought...when might I expect them?

SW visa- opened 6/19/17
CSP- opened 6/9/17

I don't mind waiting on the SW so we get the anniversary points first. But the CSP I want PC'd to CF so I can max the quarter before 6/30. Sounds like I can go ahead and call on that one, so maybe I will give it a try.

The changes to Visa processing are official have taken effect at Plastiq. Follow the link for the following overview, along with a list of specific credit cards and how future payments will be processed. Most personal Visas will either be treated as a cash advance, or will be limited to ~20% of your card limit.

I had just noticed DoC's update on it and thought 'poor @Lain he's going to get such a shock at next break from Jury Duty' :)

^Referencing Above Plastiq Announcement^
For those worried about the double dip MSR, Sapphires aren't completely nerfed, but you are currently restricted to payments of ~20% of your total credit limit.

Cards processing as a cash advance:
Alaska Visa Signature
Asiana Visa Signature
AT&T Access from Citi
Bank of America Premium Rewards
Bank of America Travel Rewards
Celebrity Cruises
Citi Double Cash
Citi Prestige
Citi Simplicity
Citi ThankYou Preferred
Citi ThankYou Premier
Costco Anywhere Business
Costco Anywhere
Expedia +
Expedia + Voyager
Royal Caribbean
Susan G. Komen Cash Rewards
U.S. Pride
World Wildlife Fund

Considering the high CLs on the CSRs and sometimes even the CSPs, a 20% limit should be more than enough to meet the $4k MSRs in one or more transactions for most people.

I really don't understand Visa and why they'd want to limit people using their cards on plastiq. Anyone have insight here?

A couple of potential thoughts - one is that they've seen people run up crazy amounts of reward points (not using it for routine stuff like the folks here). If you were willing to stick your neck out, you could pay your own "business" for services and rack up the points, the reusing the same cash to do it again and again. No big upside for VISA, the amount that plastiq would pay them in fees could be outweighed by the rewards points they are paying out. Alternatively, they could be concerned about reporting requirements/illegal transactions? May be easier for them to shut down the volume rather than playing whack a mole to catch individual transgressors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter