I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering the high CLs on the CSRs and sometimes even the CSPs, a 20% limit should be more than enough to meet the $4k MSRs in one or more transactions for most people.
DoC is positing that this ~20% is due to standard cash advance limits being set around 20%:
"I wonder if Chase cards are initially coding as a cash advance and then reverting to a purchase and that’s why only ~20% of your credit limit can be used (this is usually the portion of your card limit that can be used on a cash advance) or if it’s about limiting exposure for Chase."

If this is what the number is tied to, I'm curious to see what happens for someone who set their CA limit to $100 or lower.

The wanna get away fares to go home for thanksgiving are gone already for me.

Check your Amex business cards for New 10% Amex Offers: Staples, Lowe’s, Exxon Mobil & Dell. Staples and Lowe's sell gift cards. I̶ ̶o̶n̶l̶y̶ ̶g̶o̶t̶ ̶E̶x̶x̶o̶n̶,̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶I̶'̶l̶l̶ ̶t̶a̶k̶e̶ ̶i̶t̶.̶

ETA: I checked again, and found Staples, Lowe's, Exxon, and Hilton on my biz cards. Don't know if it just loaded later or I just needed coffee.

Looking at my Amex offers this morning. Wish I had separate log ins for my cards. I added a couple of offers before I realized I hadn't checked the other card. No biggie - just the Hilton 20 of 100 gift card deal and something else I've forgotten already. I easily would have bought two Hilton gift cards though.

Will get daughter to check authorized user account - may be one there.....

I have the Hilton gift cards offer on my Amex Platinum. We have 3 planned Hilton stays this year, so I went to the site to buy a gc, but it looks like you can only by physical gcs that need to be mailed and there is a shipping charge. Is that correct? No electronic delivery of the gc? I can swallow the shipping fee because that is a small percentage of the $20 statement credit, but the delivery time for the physical card means I won't get it before our first Hilton stay in NY next week.

It just says he's part of their small/medium business team and then it says "Business use Plastiq to pay suppliers (domestic/international), rent, insurance, and payroll. All funded via credit card. Would any of those make sense for your business?"

I'm just paying my student loan through them so I'm not going to respond lol.

@DisneyMandC
I’ve gotten two emails from Colin at plastiq. One last week and one yesterday. It felt personalized to me also. I’m ignoring!

I got one of these emails too and just deleted it.

Overall, the changes to plastiq feel like good news. Whew! CIP will still process fine, Amex is unchanged (hard to use but unchanged) and like @Lain pointed out, the CSR/CSP's tend to have pretty high CL's so most people should still be fine using it to meet MSR's if they need to.

I realized at 7pm last night I forgot to use mine too. We had it on 2 cards but one was sock drawered and I kept forgetting to grab it when running errands. I didn't care enough to get up and go last night though. Glad there is another Lowes offer this morning to make up for it.

Me three. Ugh, totally slipped my mind. I liked the $10 off $50 better.

ETA: I guess I should say 4. @wendow, just read you did the same thing, lol.

Last edited:
Overall, the changes to plastiq feel like good news. Whew! CIP will still process fine, Amex is unchanged (hard to use but unchanged) and like @Lain pointed out, the CSR/CSP's tend to have pretty high CL's so most people should still be fine using it to meet MSR's if they need to.

hurts me the most. :-/
all my credit cards are at its minimum limit. :(

Lots of great Amex offers, one I didn't see mentioned that I received is 30% off Kindle Unlimited 12 month subscription, it's a code. I'm currently on a 3 month free until 9/3 and this offer/coupon expires 9/30, but does say "This offer may be modified or revoked at any time." How best to utilize? Is it safe to wait until closer to 9/3 to purchase my subscription? If I purchase now will it just sit there and not go into effect until my free term is over?

I have 15% off Fedex, my AU has 25%. He also got a few offers I didn't get like Lamps Plus, Exxon/Mobil and indeed. The Lowe's offer has perfect timing, stacking that with his VA discount brings the cost of reflooring the new house down quite nicely.

Secondly, and less importantly, I received what appears to be a somewhat personalized e-mail from Plastiq last night from someone named Colin. Did anyone else get this? I only say it's personalized because it has my name, is not sent as a BCC as far as I can tell, and has a typo haha.
I get emails from Colin often, I believe because of using my CIP. They're always about how to use Plastiq more for my business, but my business expenses can all be paid by CC and I have no employees to pay so I've not replied to him.

When I log into my chase freedom account, I can see the green bar showing my progress on the 5% categories spend. Is there somewhere that will give me the actual number amount I’ve spent so far?

Edit : never mind, should have done some more clicking around before posting. I found it.

So as far as these chase annual fees posting and neither did today as I thought...when might I expect them?

SW visa- opened 6/19/17
CSP- opened 6/9/17

I don't mind waiting on the SW so we get the anniversary points first. But the CSP I want PC'd to CF so I can max the quarter before 6/30. Sounds like I can go ahead and call on that one, so maybe I will give it a try.
I opened SW plus and SW biz last May and neither have the AF posted yet...

So as far as these chase annual fees posting and neither did today as I thought...when might I expect them?

SW visa- opened 6/19/17
CSP- opened 6/9/17

I don't mind waiting on the SW so we get the anniversary points first. But the CSP I want PC'd to CF so I can max the quarter before 6/30. Sounds like I can go ahead and call on that one, so maybe I will give it a try.

I don't always see stuff right away on the day I expect, but if I look the next day it's got the date I expected listed. I think it waits until I sign out :)
But also, although I opened the CSR in April my annual fee didn't post until May 1 and my anniversary year is May to May (i'll get my travel credit again after my statement closing in 5/19). Not sure how to check on SW, my statements don't go back that far and with my PC my annual fee doesn't match my anniversary points. My IHG one does post on the 1st of the month but I'm having trouble pulling up exact date when I applied for that one; I thought it was during that month so that would be counter to the Sapphire.
Technically you've not hit 12 months yet (pretty close though) on the CSP so it could still post on the 9th or possible that you won't get AF until as late as Jul 1. Which wouldn't work for you so can't hurt to try PC now. You've had it at least 11 months, that should be close, right? :teeth:

SW visa- opened 6/19/17
CSP- opened 6/9/17

I opened a SW plus last May also and the AF hasn't posted yet either. I already got the anniversary points though.

I have the Hilton gift cards offer on my Amex Platinum. We have 3 planned Hilton stays this year, so I went to the site to buy a gc, but it looks like you can only by physical gcs that need to be mailed and there is a shipping charge. Is that correct? No electronic delivery of the gc? I can swallow the shipping fee because that is a small percentage of the $20 statement credit, but the delivery time for the physical card means I won't get it before our first Hilton stay in NY next week.

No electronic version. They are slow on shipping the Hilton cards. I think I just threw out the envelopes with the post marks but I recall it being a good 7-10 business days. Might take a day or two (or three) to get the email that they processed and "shipped" it and then still another 5-7 calendar days for it to show up.

They do sometimes run free shipping. When I bought them on the last AmEx offer I looked one day and the 1.95 shipping was at 0. Was like that for at least 2 days but stupid me didn't immediately buy all the ones we wanted. I was close to the statement closing on my card so I wanted to wait an extra day to get it on the next cycle and then I forgot and when I went back the shipping was back to 1.95 :headache: Kept checking all the way until the offer expired and it didn't come back.

No electronic version. They are slow on shipping the Hilton cards. I think I just threw out the envelopes with the post marks but I recall it being a good 7-10 business days. Might take a day or two (or three) to get the email that they processed and "shipped" it and then still another 5-7 calendar days for it to show up.

They do sometimes run free shipping. When I bought them on the last AmEx offer I looked one day and the 1.95 shipping was at 0. Was like that for at least 2 days but stupid me didn't immediately buy all the ones we wanted. I was close to the statement closing on my card so I wanted to wait an extra day to get it on the next cycle and then I forgot and when I went back the shipping was back to 1.95 :headache: Kept checking all the way until the offer expired and it didn't come back.

Thanks. How do you know the shipping charge is being waived? Seems like a stupid question, I know, bu the reason I ask is because while the shipping choice options all had fees, I was seeing $0 in my cart next to shipping. I assumed shipping would be added before I completed checkout, but now I'm wondering if maybe it was because it was being waived.

I think cards opened in May will have their AF posted on the day the card was opened in May, but posting in June (that might make sense) . Example if the card was opened on May 5th, the fee should post on June 5th. Look back a statement or two and it should tell you when the fee will post.

Screen Shot 2018-06-01 at 3.31.03 PM.png

Last edited:
Not sure if I should be doing something like this or not. I have no chase plans for a couple of years,but player 2 needs the CP 1/19! I dropped my IHG CL from 24k down to 10k (ridiculous, but I worried that utilization would look bad if I did it lower) and I'm considering dumping my 2 SWA cards,which got retention bonuses within last 3 months. I don't use them, but I'm focused on smooth sailing for January/player2. Also in regard to that plan, it won't harm my P2 plan if I get him a HiltBiz with this great offer,will it? Sorry..two questions for one quote here....
Something worth remember (and something I have to remind myself of too) is that I have (had) an INSANE number of cards. I also was churning pre-5/24 so I had old AU accounts too. I had a credit report with over $300,000 in combined Credit Limits. There was a time when my credit report showed 40 open credit card accounts. My wife's never was that bad, but I'm sure it showed A LOT too. With all the cancellations and removal of AUs I did, my report will still show 11 open CC accounts and my wife will show 9 (with one AU being my Discover card with history back to 2002). Of course there will still be a ton of closed accounts on the report, but at least from a "shutdown risk" perspective I will look somewhat like a normal person. I'm also working to get my total combined credit limit to be < 1x our annual income.

SW visa- opened 6/19/17
CSP- opened 6/9/17

I would expect both to be charged on 7/1/18.

^Referencing Above Plastiq Announcement^
For those worried about the double dip MSR, Sapphires aren't completely nerfed, but you are currently restricted to payments of ~20% of your total credit limit. At a glance, I believe this is the same for all personal Chase Visas.

Cards processing as a cash advance:
Alaska Visa Signature
Asiana Visa Signature
AT&T Access from Citi
Bank of America Premium Rewards
Bank of America Travel Rewards
Celebrity Cruises
Citi Double Cash
Citi Prestige
Citi Simplicity
Citi ThankYou Preferred
Citi ThankYou Premier
Costco Anywhere Business
Costco Anywhere
Expedia +
Expedia + Voyager
Royal Caribbean
Susan G. Komen Cash Rewards
U.S. Pride
World Wildlife Fund
Granted I don't use Plastiq and don't know a lot about it...but on most of those Citi cards it says the VISA version...and for most people these would be issued as MasterCards, so I assume you're fine? LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter