I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, just wondering how much travel 80,000 chase ultimate points will give you? At Hilton, that might equate to one night, but at Marriott, it could potentially cover a week, and I have no clue at all how points work for airfare. I tried to look on the chase site since I have other chase cards, but I only saw a number to call, so not sure I’m going to the right place?

You'd always want to compare the UR cost of booking through the portal vs transferring to the hotel program. For hilton, that will likely alway be book through the portal. For Hyatt likely always transfer to Hyatt. Always do the math each time.

I “think” some on here mentioned using the chat feature on their website...I’m going to give it a try later on and will report back
that was me. Yes, they will fix you up but they want a receipt. I haven't attempted any that incl a GC purchase. Not sure if they scrutinize it closely or just look at the date and amount.

Also jumping on the loving Mr. Rogers train.

I met MSR for my CIP about a week ago and as of yesterday the points are pending in my account. :cheer2:

Of course, I'm having a minor freak out right now because of all the MDE issues. I'm missing a regular park ticket for my nephew and 3 MVMCP tickets for my nephew and my kids. Our FP day is on Monday. It's the first trip for 4/7 in our party and I'm in charge of all the planning. Seriously so frustrating and it doesn't sound like WDW is doing anything to compensate for all the difficulties.

Yay for points!

I have been reading about all the issues. It is AWFUL! I am so sorry you are caught up in it.

Turns out I did not have time to go hit RMN stores during the day yesterday, but did hit both CVS and Walgreens when dropping my DD off for choir practice last night. $20 pending - gc/somthing I needed at CVS, just a gift card at Walgreens - woo hoo! Hoping to get out to Staples and Home Depot at lunchtime today, but we'll see if that actually happens. Its a pretty good trick while it lasts!

Also jumping on the loving Mr. Rogers train.

I met MSR for my CIP about a week ago and as of yesterday the points are pending in my account. :cheer2:

Of course, I'm having a minor freak out right now because of all the MDE issues. I'm missing a regular park ticket for my nephew and 3 MVMCP tickets for my nephew and my kids. Our FP day is on Monday. It's the first trip for 4/7 in our party and I'm in charge of all the planning. Seriously so frustrating and it doesn't sound like WDW is doing anything to compensate for all the difficulties.

We go to WDW on Sunday..I was going to call and renew my sons AP today, think I’ll wait until we are there to renew hopefully it will be easier on site

Last edited:

I’m working my way through all things Chase right now staying under 4/24..the Freedoms were at the end of my list due to the small UR bonus..so I’d like to open some non Chase business cards in between my Chase applications....just not sure which business cards to go for

Need any Hilton points? I’m hoarding MR to potentially cash out that’s an option too.

Lol, loved Garfield Goose, Captain Kangaroo and Mister Rogers made me want to go outside and play until Bozo came on. I think I preferred the mischief and banter on Garfield and Bozo.

I added another RMN account with a different Paypal account. It sounds like it's ok to link both to the app on my phone.? I just have to logoff, but that doesn't matter as far as getting the cashback correct since it is only based/tracked by the cc you use?
You must have grown up in the Chicago area! I remember Captain Kangaroo. We watched Ray Raynor with Garfield Goose every morning before school and if we were home for Bozo we watched that too. I was always curious if those shows were shown outside Chicago. WGN was shown in other places via cable, so I guess so! Glad to see people getting RMN credits, fingers crossed for mine.

So, still comparing cards and I happen be reading information about the Savor card and read that it excludes Walmart for the 2% payout. Is this common? I know with our Chase Disney Visa we get the 2% at Walmart. Just wondering how you know what each card considers “okay” for the various categories? We live in a rural area and Walmart and one other grocer are pretty much our only options.

Also, just wondering how much travel 80,000 chase ultimate points will give you? At Hilton, that might equate to one night, but at Marriott, it could potentially cover a week, and I have no clue at all how points work for airfare. I tried to look on the chase site since I have other chase cards, but I only saw a number to call, so not sure I’m going to the right place?

Not totally familiar with the Savor categories but I assume it's for grocery/supermarket spend? More times than not Walmart and Target are excluded from that category because they are usually classified as discount retail merchant (or something similar to that) even if you're grocery shopping. There are MCC guides out there you can use to guess, but sometimes it comes down to what happens when someone tries it.

As for 80k UR, at minimum it's worth $800. You could cash it out to use on anything at 1 cpp. Since we're talking 80k I assume it's the CIP, in which case if you book your hotel, airfare, car, cruise/tour through Chase, each UR's value is increased to 1.25 cpp and you can get $1,000 worth of travel. So you can pick how you want to use it, find an inexpensive hotel and stay longer or cover a moderately priced hotel for a long weekend. Airfare would be the same, you can get a rough idea for airfare pricing looking at Expedia type travel sites and then do the math for how many UR that would be. A $500 cash flight should be around 40,000 UR's through the CIP.
You can also transfer those UR to the hotel or airline program for a set transfer rate. Then you can look for award bookings. Some times this will be your best value for the points, sometimes using them through Chase will be better. Totally based on nothing, but say that $500 flight through the portal shows up as a cheap saver award through the airline at 20,000 airline miles and say that the transfer rate for that airline is 1:1. In that case it would obviously be better to transfer the 20k UR to the airline, rather than spend 40k UR through the portal.
Likewise for hotels. For example, Marriott has semi-fixed pricing for their award nights based on the category of the hotel regardless of cash price. A hotel we stay at is near an attraction so for the summer cash prices are high and I assume that's what made it an old cat 7 year round. However, head to this hotel off season and rooms are about $125 night. It'd be cheaper to book that through the CIP portal at ~10k UR than transfer 35k UR for an award night (old rate).

So how much value those points give you will vary depending on what works best for your trip. But I'd think of it as worst case scenario $800 and go from there.

and then I got to watch the Disney movie that came on that night. I'm so dating myself with this post :D

You are dating me as well and bringing back memories! The Wonderful World of Color was on Sunday nights and we were glued to our black and white TV waiting for it to start. When we got color, oh wow!

Anyway, a few years ago, Disney Store came out with a Walt Disney watch which they packaged in a ceramic tv set (sized for the watch) with the WWOC screen and a Tinkerbell on the right side pointing her wand as she would in the original intro to the program. The front screen has a slot for a picture also so I use it to hold a small WDW pic of the kids. Anyway, no idea where the watch is, but the 'box' is still in my living room and one of my favorite Disney items, most being in a closet somewhere.

Need any Hilton points? I’m hoarding MR to potentially cash out that’s an option too.

The only card I have other than Chase is a 30+ year old no fee BOA that I use twice a year to keep it open.

I’m not familiar with any of the hotel programs so open to suggestions..for other business cards to apply for in between Chase applications
.we usually just travel to Orlando 4 or so times a year to see our son....we fly SW....I’ve got the CP and plenty of points for that.....may want to do a cruise, visit Napa Vally or Hawaii in the next few years but no firm plans

Last edited:
You are dating me as well and bringing back memories! The Wonderful World of Color was on Sunday nights and we were glued to our black and white TV waiting for it to start. When we got color, oh wow!

Anyway, a few years ago, Disney Store came out with a Walt Disney watch which they packaged in a ceramic tv set (sized for the watch) with the WWOC screen and a Tinkerbell on the right side pointing her wand as she would in the original intro to the program. The front screen has a slot for a picture also so I use it to hold a small WDW pic of the kids. Anyway, no idea where the watch is, but the 'box' is still in my living room and one of my favorite Disney items, most being in a closet somewhere.

Lol we must be around the same age...had the black and white TV too.......watched Ed Sullivan and The wonderful world of color on Sunday nights...never got tinker bell...that sounds cool

Is anyone here a member of the SW Rewards for Opinions panel? I'm not usually into taking surveys for rewards, but this might be one I try to keep up with...
I just started yesterday. I probably spent 15 minutes answering questions and didn't qualify for one survey. So earned two points for a partial. >:(The site also was very slow, it seemed like I was waiting forever for the next question to load. I seem to remember someone saying that it takes a little while until you qualify for more surveys so I'll give it a few more tries. Hopefully I can at least get to do one survey for the 500 bonus points.

Does anyone here use VGC/MCGC online for purchases? Any issues? I got a redlight camera ticket yesterday and can pay online, but only with Visa/Mastercard. Working on this SPG spend so I'm willing to pick one up from Kroger for 4x fuel points, but want to make sure it works first.

Is there a recommended waiting period between a Chase business card and personal card application?

Depends on how safe you need (or want) to play it. A good rule of thumb had been to wait 3-4 months between any Chase application so you didn't up your risk profile. (look too risky and you may get all cards shutdown) But depending on your credit seeking activity you could wait as little as a month and could probably be ok. Technically speaking you could do it the next day but that seems a little hairy to me. It kinda comes down to your own risk tolerance whether you wait another month or not :)

:scratchinLooking for advice on what non Chase business cards to open while my husband and I go after the rest of the Chase personal and business cards that are on our list. Thought we’d only be able to meet the MSR on those but I obviously under estimated what recurring expenses I could put on a cc and we are meeting the MSR quickly.

No planned use for the non UR cards....we fly SW so I don’t think I’m interested other airline cards....could use hotel points when we visit or son in Orlando and save some DVC points.....clueless about MRs.....so any help there is appreciated
No fee cards would be great..but I’m maybe anything with a good bonus has one :scratchin
I'd look into AMEX and MRs. They have Biz Plat, BGR, BB+ all earning MRs. The one caution now with AMEX is that you probably need to commit to continuing to spend some on these cards beyond the MSR.

The recommend wait between all Chase applications ...business and personal is about 3 months

Depends on how safe you need (or want) to play it. A good rule of thumb had been to wait 3-4 months between any Chase application so you didn't up your risk profile. (look too risky and you may get all cards shutdown) But depending on your credit seeking activity you could wait as little as a month and could probably be ok. Technically speaking you could do it the next day but that seems a little hairy to me. It kinda comes down to your own risk tolerance whether you wait another month or not :)

Thank you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter