• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding the Chase 5/24 rule, I should apply for Chase cards for my first 5 cards, then once I have opened 5 chase accounts apply for any others? I am making a list of the credit cards I want and what dates to apply.

The exceptions to the 5/24 rule are:
Chase Hyatt
Chase IHG
Chase Ritz-Carlton
Chase Marriott Premier Business
Chase British Airways
Chase Amazon
Chase Disney

The cards that are exceptions to the 5/24 rule can be applied for even after you are above 5/24. But they still count towards your total. So if you are at 5/24 and then apply for Chase Hyatt, you will now be at 6/24. Then if you get Chase IHG, you will be at 7/24 and so on.

ETA: And you can only get 5 cards if you are currently at 0/24. If you have applied for any other credit cards in the last 24 months, then you have fewer slots to fill with Chase cards and might have to wait for some to drop off.

anyone want to chime in on thoughts of what I should do next. I'm sitting at 5/24 till feb 2018 so basically holding off on anything for now, although I may go for a business AMex next month, once I finish the bonus spend on my CIP. I do have plans to take my kids and their families to Hawaii in the summer of 2019, so I plan on going for the Hilton surpass, since I would like to stay at one of the HIltons, as it's next door to the Military Hale Koa, we're talking 2 families of 3(possibly 4by then) hubby and I , then my 2 youngest with possibly a girl friend, all over 21 except the grand kids, the Hale Koa would be all cash, so possibly thinking I believe it's a capitol one that I would b able to wipe some of that out. right now all the cards are from me as hubbies FICO too a big hit with a foolish loan on a credit card he did for a cousin, it's finally back up over 625, does anyone thing it's safe to start having him apply or should I wait, but was thinking of starting him with the CF, he is 3/24 but 2 of them are AU's the one drops off in June 2018, then I would want the CSR in the beginning of 2019 for him, and the 2 SW at the end of 2018, which means i could do one more chase for him, any thoughts?

I did my regular tweet earlier today and got 50 points, then I tweeted for the 1000, but didn't get anything.
Took 20 minutes for response. In the meantime, I tweeted twice more, slightly different. I did include @NFL but not #membersgetit

ETA:I'm loving this promotion. Even without auto-tweeting, I have gotten 2700 pointsthis week, including last Sunday.

Last edited:

Took 20 minutes for response. In the meantime, I tweeted twice more, slightly different. I did include @NFL but not #membersgetit

ETA:I'm loving this promotion. Even without auto-tweeting, I have gotten 2700 pointsthis week, including last Sunday.
Same here, and me and wife are doing it in 2 player mode. I think we are at roughly 5,000 points combined in the past 8 days. If this continues the whole NFL season we will end up earning enough points for a sweet cat7 or cat8 night!!

The cards that are exceptions to the 5/24 rule can be applied for even after you are above 5/24. But they still count towards your total. So if you are at 5/24 and then apply for Chase Hyatt, you will now be at 6/24. Then if you get Chase IHG, you will be at 7/24 and so on.

ETA: And you can only get 5 cards if you are currently at 0/24. If you have applied for any other credit cards in the last 24 months, then you have fewer slots to fill with Chase cards and might have to wait for some to drop off.

Thank you! So these include all applied for, even rejected? I"m sorry if I"m being redundant. I applied for a CSR and definitely got rejected, so that goes is counted as part of the 5?

Thanks!!

Thank you! So these include all applied for, even rejected? I"m sorry if I"m being redundant. I applied for a CSR and definitely got rejected, so that goes is counted as part of the 5?

Thanks!!

Not applied. I wrote that wrong. Just accounts that were actually opened. The denied CSR won't count towards 5/24.

I still haven't gotten a response on either twitter account.

As far as the 1000 Marriott Twitter points for today's questions would they let you know right away if you got them? I tweeted about an hour ago and haven't heard anything...

What did everyone tweet...

Don't forget the Marriott NFL tweet today! From my google search the answer is 1920.

What would the tweet look like for this? I'm completely twitter illiterate. Thanks :)

ETA: Manually tweeted for the regular 50 and haven't gotten those either.

Ok so I got the 50 Marriott points for this morning. I tweeted for the NFL points later and I got a response 30 minutes after tweeting. Haven’t gotten a response on my significant others account yet. The tweets were sent at about the same time and I tweeted the same thing. Also I didn’t get a confirmation email for my points. I’m out right now so I can’t check if the points posted on my account.

Edit: today I tweeted: The NFL was founded in 1920 #RewardsPoints #MembersGetIt.

A little over an hour ago I answered today’s NFL question for the second time and just now received a reply from Marriott. No points in my account yet but that’s the first response from them since Friday.

Alrighty, I have tweeted everything you guys posted. No points or email to the NFL tweet or the daily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter