I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
here is a dp i wanted to share about the priority pass that a lot of us received with the csr card. pdx uses alaska lounge and they limit pass to cardholder only. however priority pass has added the capers deli. we used it this weekend $28 worth of food and drinks allowed per pass holder and guest ($56 total). wow. free dinner both ways from pdx. that $450 cc fee less the $300 travel reimbursement + free food when traveling seems pretty reasonable now. they just scan the priority pass card like a credit card. on the way home we picked up salad and sandwiches to go, totals $40 some dollars and they said are you sure you don't want something else, you can spend up to $56 dollars. wow. love freebies.
you know...I still haven't used that perk yet! (my last trip I lost my cards:scared1:) I have a new card...so maybe I'll actually get to try it soon!

It's pretty slow - about a month+few days behind your closing date. Purchases I made in August are only today showing up as cashback rewards. And my closing date is the 3rd. This does make it tricky to track your annual grocery spend on AMEX's website because everything shows up so late. And remember your 12 months for the $6000 cap on groceries ends with your December closing statement.
Thank you!!! I searched the thread and found your answer! That's a little disheartening,how slow they are.... So as far as timing, I get the 6% back on any groc. spend up to the Dec 31? Or it has to post before then? and then the calendar resets? I wasn't aware of that,I thought it was one year from card opening.

You can see how a transaction codes on the Chase Ultimate Rewards portal site, under Your Points>Review More Activity (Recent Activity) much sooner than waiting for the transaction details to post on your regular Chase account site. As for shipping, I've found that going through USPS earns me 3x on the CIP, but using PayPal shipping to generate a USPS label does not earn 3x even when charged to the CIP.

Thanks for the tip. Checked on there and looks like everything (that I thought would) is posting at 3x. We do ship directly with UPS, Fedex and a Freight Company and those all picked up at 3x. I need to switch the draft for the company we use for USPS labels. I'll have to see if that one will code as 3x.

On another note...has anyone used (or tried to use) the Cell Phone Protection on the CIP? Would be nice to cancel insurance through our carrier if this is a good alternative...

Cell Phone Protection
Get up to $600 per claim in cell phone protection against covered theft or damage for you and your employees listed on your monthly cell phone bill when you pay it with your Chase Ink Business Preferred Credit Card. Maximum of 3 claims in a 12 month period with a $100 deductible per claim.*

Thank you!!! I searched the thread and found your answer! That's a little disheartening,how slow they are.... So as far as timing, I get the 6% back on any groc. spend up to the Dec 31? Or it has to post before then? and then the calendar resets? I wasn't aware of that,I thought it was one year from card opening.

Look at what day of the month your statement closing date is. Now put December in front of it. For me, since my closing date is the 3rd, my $6000 annual limit for 6%cb on groceries needs to post by December 3rd and then the calendar resets. This is only an important detail if you are trying to maximize the 6% each year. If not, then just use the card as your go-to card for groceries and don't worry about the $6000 limit (unless you're getting close to reaching the limit, since then it drops to 1%). This year, I'm not even close to reaching 6,000 on regular grocery spending (I shop at Costco too), so I'll be buying a lot of gift cards when it gets closer to Dec. 3rd.

Make sure you check out your AMEX Offers too. Sometimes there are really great ones, and they are not always the same on all AMEX cards. I'm an AU on DH's AMEX BCP and I can add offers to my card as well as his.

Look at what day of the month your statement closing date is. Now put December in front of it. For me, since my closing date is the 3rd, my $6000 annual limit for 6%cb on groceries needs to post by December 3rd and then the calendar resets. This is only an important detail if you are trying to maximize the 6% each year. If not, then just use the card as your go-to card for groceries and don't worry about the $6000 limit (unless you're getting close to reaching the limit, since then it drops to 1%). This year, I'm not even close to reaching 6,000 on regular grocery spending (I shop at Costco too), so I'll be buying a lot of gift cards when it gets closer to Dec. 3rd.

Make sure you check out your AMEX Offers too. Sometimes there are really great ones, and they are not always the same on all AMEX cards. I'm an AU on DH's AMEX BCP and I can add offers to my card as well as his.
Thanks! you know this card is funny...I'm an Au on DH's acct here, and it wouldn't allow me to add this to my AMEX acct page...I don't know why!It wouldn't let me setup it's own page either so only DH's card gets any offers....

Thanks! you know this card is funny...I'm an Au on DH's acct here, and it wouldn't allow me to add this to my AMEX acct page...I don't know why!It wouldn't let me setup it's own page either so only DH's card gets any offers....
I'm Au on my moms Amex but have 2 of my own. I have separate logins for mine and hers. My 2 on one user ID, hers on another. Maybe try again, making sure you're not trying to re-use your own user ID.

Maybe you can call AMEX for IT assistance. If you already have your own AMEX login, you should be able to add your BCP AU card!

Delta Amex free bag benefit if traveling together on separate reservations: I contacted Delta on Twitter today to ask about linking an upcoming trip with my fam's (I booked my own flight but if it goes IROPS this might give us a chance of sticking together). While doing that I also learned that if you're traveling the same itinerary with someone who has the AMEX free bag benefit you can get it to with a little extra work: the person with the free bag benefit tells the agent who checks the bags that you are all together, presents the agent with the Amex card that gives the benefit and then the agent should issue a waiver for the person on the other reservation. I'll be trying this out next month and will try to remember to report back.

Delta Amex free bag benefit if traveling together on separate reservations: I contacted Delta on Twitter today to ask about linking an upcoming trip with my fam's (I booked my own flight but if it goes IROPS this might give us a chance of sticking together). While doing that I also learned that if you're traveling the same itinerary with someone who has the AMEX free bag benefit you can get it to with a little extra work: the person with the free bag benefit tells the agent who checks the bags that you are all together, presents the agent with the Amex card that gives the benefit and then the agent should issue a waiver for the person on the other reservation. I'll be trying this out next month and will try to remember to report back.
Good to know. AA benefit, everyone has to be on the same reservation. DH flew on miles, paid $ for DS and me. We ended up paying for a bag because they said we all had to be on DHs booking to be covered and there is no way for him to book with miles and pay cash for ours and have that happen. (We now both have AA cards)

Good to know. AA benefit, everyone has to be on the same reservation. DH flew on miles, paid $ for DS and me. We ended up paying for a bag because they said we all had to be on DHs booking to be covered and there is no way for him to book with miles and pay cash for ours and have that happen. (We now both have AA cards)
I was really surprised because everything I'd read on the DL bag benefit said had to be on the same reservation but I've got a screenshot of the Twitter conversation just in case the bag check agent at the airport is like "uh, yeah- no."
ETA: at least AA cards are easy to come by!

I fly Delta all the time. Two years ago flight was a business trip so not booked on my card. The Delta agent wouldn't honor the free bag benefit for myself or my mom (who was with me). I don't remember why now (other than she was being difficult) but long story short if you do get in that situation just have the person with the card pay for the bags with the Delta Amex and then after the fact contest the charge. Amex refunded the charges no problem.

Just because I know there's some SPG users in here, there's a new amex offer: AmEx Offer: SPG, Spend $300+ & Receive $60 Statement Credit. Found it on DoC.

thats quite a stacker... $60 back + 1300 more points!
unfortunately, i wasnt targetted. :(

Just because I know there's some SPG users in here, there's a new amex offer: AmEx Offer: SPG, Spend $300+ & Receive $60 Statement Credit. Found it on DoC.

Thanks for the heads up. Got the offer on my SPG Amex and DH's Lowe's Amex. We have a 2 night stay at the Dolphin on points in December. Wonder if it credit on room/parking charges. We park and have an extra adult charge, if we do a meal and charge to the room I bet we'd be up to the $300.

Last edited:
thats quite a stacker... $60 back + 1300 more points!
unfortunately, i wasnt targetted. :(
I had a moment of dang it, forgot to register for that promotion! And then I looked and the Dolphin isn't on the list of included hotels.

For all of us SW loving people and longing-for-Hawaii people:
https://thepointsguy.com/2017/10/southwest-to-launch-hawaii-flights/
YAY!!!

Oh my! Competition is always good, but I wonder how low Southwest can really drive prices long term. There should be some really great low fares when SW first launches to introduce passengers to their service. I remember when Virgin America first started flying to Hawaii, and prices were as low as $169-199 one-way from LAX and SFO to Hawaii; other carriers moved to match. Hawaiian Airlines still runs sales for roundtrip fares at $400 for midweek and low season travel. We'll see. But this potentially ups the value of the companion pass (unless SW decides to exclude the Hawaii market). I'm not usually a Southwest flyer, but I'm thinking now that maybe I should look into it.

I wonder if room fees plus food charged to the room would count towards that $300?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter