I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if room fees plus food charged to the room would count towards that $300?

I'm wondering too. My sister is staying on points end of this month. She'll have to pay parking and resort fees and should meet the 300 with a few food room charges. Should know by beginning of Nov.

Thanks to points, CP and annual passes, we booked a surprise Dec weekend trip for DS to see Hogswarts lit up for the holidays. Plus we'll work on some Christmas shopping using my nephew's employee discount. We have always stayed onsite at a deluxe to get EP so I booked the Hard Rock for one night using points and then we'll move to Portofino for the second night that we got an awesome discount. DS is going to be thrilled!

I received a 2000 point Mega Bonus to my Marriott Rewards account yesterday. Anyone know what this is about? Don't have the Marriott credit card (yet) but they are my preferred hotel...

For all of us SW loving people and longing-for-Hawaii people:
https://thepointsguy.com/2017/10/southwest-to-launch-hawaii-flights/
YAY!!!

This is a game changer for me. I am planning a Hawaii trip in summer 2019 and was planning on booking through Korean Air, but I will go Southwest for sure now. I fall back under 5/24 in January and was planning on getting a CIP, but will now use that for SW to get a CP. I wish SW had a first class option, but they are too cheap and flexible with their rewards program to consider another airline. I will obviously need to wait and see the details when announced, but this made my day.

I fall back under 5/24 in January and was planning on getting a CIP, but will now use that for SW to get a CP.

You need to be 5/24 to apply for he CIP (and the SW cards), but approval for the CIP won't count against 5/24 (so you can still double dip on two SW cards with that last open slot). Keep in mind that the SW cards are subject to the 2/30 rule, so if you apply for the CIP, you'll have to wait 30 days before you can apply and be approved for two more SW cards.

You need to be 5/24 to apply for he CIP (and the SW cards), but approval for the CIP won't count against 5/24 (so you can still double dip on two SW cards with that last open slot). Keep in mind that the SW cards are subject to the 2/30 rule, so if you apply for the CIP, you'll have to wait 30 days before you can apply and be approved for two more SW cards.

Thank you, as this really good information.

I received a 2000 point Mega Bonus to my Marriott Rewards account yesterday. Anyone know what this is about? Don't have the Marriott credit card (yet) but they are my preferred hotel...
Mega Bonus is for 2 stays. Did you recently stay at a Marriott?

Another day another thing learned about UR bookings! For anyone looking to book premium seats on Alaska flights via UR: I booked one way of an upcoming trip through Alaska direct (had Alaska $$) and the return through UR. Upgrading the Alaska booked flight was piece of cake, worked immediately. Put the confirmation code from UR into Alaska and I was able to select a regular seat but it failed out when I tried to upgrade. This trip showed up on the AS website under "other" where as the one booked with AS showed under "purchased"- this becomes important! Being unable to upgrade Alaska Twitter looked into for me and said they had to dig but found fine print that said if booked via travel agent only the agent can select the upgraded seat. Bummed out. This was a few days ago. I went into my AS account today on the full website and now both trips were showing under "purchased" I attempted to purchase the upgrade- and it worked. You CAN upgrade them, it just takes AS time to fully process the reservation- at least I was able to this time!

Anyone ever got that Westin Maui offer for 6 days 5 nights plus car rental
included for 798? I got it in the mail for my Amex. This put a wrench in my
Hawaii 2019 trip. Offer only good for 12 months. I went ahead and
booked it and combined it with 4 free nights Chase hyatt for Kauai.

Luckily I got the Barclay Hawaiian card 2 months ago and 50k bonus and i transferred
50k Amex points that i got with the PRG with 25% bonus to Hawaiian air when they ran
the special.

So in 5 minutes i completely changed plans and booked 10 days in Maui and
Kaui..all airfare paid with points/miles.:hyper2: Got hotel/air/car confirmations.

If there is any funny business with that offer I will report back. I had them email to
confirm NO RESORT FEES will be charged and i don't have to attend timeshare spill.
They did write if i attended i will get an additional 100 gift card.

**I forgot $75 resort credit/gift card was included in the original offer.**

Thinking of rolling the dice on SPG business card.

DH needs tires and thinks they'll run about $900... If it comes fast enough I could put $1200 from my car repair on there... My 6 month insurance renewal comes up next month and will be $1550... Club membership for $125 next month... without the car repair I'm at $2575. With Christmas and moving most regular spending to that card we should be able to do it. Plus my car registration renewal would come up at the end of the 3 months.

Plus it's my birthday, and I keep thinking about last year the night before I applied for the CSR thinking I didn't have a shot and got it and it was an early birthday present! I might have a problem.

Luckily I got the Barclay Hawaiian card 2 months ago and 50k bonus and i transferred
50k Amex points that i got with the PRG with 25% bonus to Hawaiian air when they ran
the special.

Kaui..all airfare paid with points/miles.:hyper2: Got hotel/air/car confirmations.

If there is any funny business with that offer I will report back. I had them email to
confirm NO RESORT FEES will be charged and i don't have to attend timeshare spill.

Sounds like a nice deal! Well, I wouldn't count 2019 out at this point, who knows how many travel points you can accumulate between now and then ;)

Thinking of rolling the dice on SPG business card.

DH needs tires and thinks they'll run about $900... If it comes fast enough I could put $1200 from my car repair on there... My 6 month insurance renewal comes up next month and will be $1550... Club membership for $125 next month... without the car repair I'm at $2575. With Christmas and moving most regular spending to that card we should be able to do it. Plus my car registration renewal would come up at the end of the 3 months.

Plus it's my birthday, and I keep thinking about last year the night before I applied for the CSR thinking I didn't have a shot and got it and it was an early birthday present! I might have a problem.

im also thinking about it too. I have to use Plastiq to meet the 10k. I would love to use the MS way but it doesnt count :(
still thinking...

Does anyone know if you can get an AMEX business card expedited?

My husband just got the business Delta Platinum Amex and they expedited it. Still took about 4 days but better than over a week. He had to call because there is a fraud alert attached to his information, and they just volunteered to expedite.

im also thinking about it too. I have to use Plastiq to meet the 10k. I would love to use the MS way but it doesnt count :(
still thinking...
Yeah, I'd have to do our car payments through plastiq I think. Otherwise I don't know if I can come up with enough afyyer running the numbers.

the special.

We got it from American Airlines. Our also comes with 5,000 miles from AA. We are going next September!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter