I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kind of off topic, but thought you guys might know-- since having the Sapphire Reserve I try to hit up the priority pass lounges. Has anybody been the lounge at MCO? We fly southwest - i can't figure out if it's accessible from that terminal. Also, does anybody know if you can visit the lounge upon arrival if it's not too out of the way?

Was hoping to try out my mortgage payment through Plastiq to eventually be able to cash in on the CIP points. Our home is financed through our credit union. Normally I pay online using my bank account and it shows on my statement as Riverland Credit Union. I just checked our newest mortgage statement to see how the check would need to be written through Plastiq and it says payable to "Mortgage Services" so I'm thinking this will be a no go since the word mortgage is right there. Boo for this one....ugh! Wondering if I should just try a small payment to Riverland Credit Union just to see how it's processed.

Kind of off topic, but thought you guys might know-- since having the Sapphire Reserve I try to hit up the priority pass lounges. Has anybody been the lounge at MCO? We fly southwest - i can't figure out if it's accessible from that terminal. Also, does anybody know if you can visit the lounge upon arrival if it's not too out of the way?
We used it in September but were on Jet Blue. I'm not sure where SW is. It's a decent lounge. Our flight was delayed several hours and food options were limited in the terminal but we found enough in the lounge to make do.

Was hoping to try out my mortgage payment through Plastiq to eventually be able to cash in on the CIP points. Our home is financed through our credit union. Normally I pay online using my bank account and it shows on my statement as Riverland Credit Union. I just checked our newest mortgage statement to see how the check would need to be written through Plastiq and it says payable to "Mortgage Services" so I'm thinking this will be a no go since the word mortgage is right there. Boo for this one....ugh! Wondering if I should just try a small payment to Riverland Credit Union just to see how it's processed.

I would still try the Plastiq route, but make the payment out to recipient “Riverland Credit Union” with your name and mortgage account number in the account and memo lines. (ETA: “Mortgage Services” is probably just a department within your credit union they use to direct the payment. Your credit union holds the mortgage so your name and account number should be enough to direct your payment.)

There have been DPs of people successfully paying their mortgages using Visa and Amex through Plastiq by simply changing the recipient name if it has anything to do with mortgage in it or was blacklisted by Plastiq. I posted about it here: https://www.disboards.com/threads/i-love-credit-cards-so-much.3528202/page-406#post-58271482

ETA: By setting up a new payee, you might get a warning that your first payment to them on a Visa will code as a cash advance. You can avoid this by first “establishing a relationship” with the payee on Plastiq by making a small payment on an Amex or MC, then make a big payment on the CIP which will earn you 3x UR currently.

I’d note that worst case scenario, Plastiq contacts you about the payment and asks for some documentation reflecting the debt, where they’ll see it’s for a mortgage and will the tell you it’s not allowed on a Visa or Amex. This seems like a very infrequent and random thing they do.

Last edited:

I got a pre-selected offer in the mail today for a PNC Cash Rewards Visa. Had never heard of it, but $100 sign-up bonus, no annual fee, and 4%, 3%, 2% back on gas, restaurants, grocery stores ($8,000 combined per year) seemed pretty decent. I'm kind of out of the travel hacking thing for a bit and will be cooling my jets until I get back under 5/24 (which may never happen if I keep applying for random cards!), so I'll be going for as much cash back as possible over the next two years. This one fits the bill.

Anyway. I applied and put in my little "Reservation" number that came with my offer and all that. Instead of automatic approval or the normal "denial" (Letter is in the mail, yadda yadda) message, I got one saying they'd received my application and would be in touch shortly. (literally, I think it said, "We will be in touch shortly.")

What...does...that...mean?

I don't care if I get the card or not. $100 of free money and a decent cash back system to supplement existing cards is nice, but whatever. I'll be kind of irritated if I wasted an inquiry though. I thought being pre-selected and having a "Reservation" number would have meant auto approved? Guess not.

We used it in September but were on Jet Blue. I'm not sure where SW is. It's a decent lounge. Our flight was delayed several hours and food options were limited in the terminal but we found enough in the lounge to make do.
Is it just the passholder,or a passholder plus family allowed in? (3 people)

I have auto pay setup to pay my entire statement balance every month with my Chase Sapphire Reserve.

Does anybody know... If I make a manual partial payment, will the auto pay automatically pay the remainder of the statement balance on the due date or will it pay the entire statement balance and ignore the fact that I made a manual payment that month?

For example: If my balance is 1000 and I pay 500 manually mid month, will it automatically pay 500 on the due date or will it still pay 1000?

Thanks
In my experiences, they will only pay the remaining balance, to pay in full.

We are actually doing that with a cc. We use it for daily purchases and pay it in full every month. We stay very strict on making sure it is pd in full every month but we have been able to buy three airplane tickets, and several hotel stays. We've been doing since April 2017.

I have auto pay setup to pay my entire statement balance every month with my Chase Sapphire Reserve.

Does anybody know... If I make a manual partial payment, will the auto pay automatically pay the remainder of the statement balance on the due date or will it pay the entire statement balance and ignore the fact that I made a manual payment that month?

For example: If my balance is 1000 and I pay 500 manually mid month, will it automatically pay 500 on the due date or will it still pay 1000?

Thanks
Chase auto-payments adjust to account for the payment and also any refunds you receive in the time period between your statement close and auto-pay. FWIW when the later happens it can make for some really weird auto-pays amounts. I've repeatedly had the refund applied to the current month's auto-pay even though the charge didn't post until the next month's statement!

Has anyone done the Walmart online grocery shopping curbside delivery thing usingthe chase freedom and gotten the 5x rewards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter