I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
its only for new cards... i tried getting Discover to match me when i converted my old Discover card into an It card, they wouldnt give me the double cashback. this was like 2 years ago when they started doing the double cashback.

my guess is /r/churning. ive never actually seen anyone from here post, but i do post here and there all over reddit. My karma is high enough for me to not really care about being downvoted.
I've seen you!! But I run under a different name over there :) I can get a little short with people in the bank bonus thread so I keep gottalovepluto away from that and in the Disney Happy Bubble over here!

Any thoughts about the Delta Platinum Business form Amex? I have read that it is easier to get an Amex business card than to get a Chase business card. I am in a Delta hub so the current sign up bonus is tempting.

Any thoughts about the Delta Platinum Business form Amex? I have read that it is easier to get an Amex business card than to get a Chase business card. I am in a Delta hub so the current sign up bonus is tempting.

my research on amex business card have shown that amex gives these cards out like candy. Another good thing about amex business card is that they dont count towards 5/24... to that frees up your 5/24 slots!

edit: Gonna apply for an SPG biz tonight. Kinda wished that facebook group was around if you know what i mean... ;)

Watching the new Cap1 Venture card 50,000 point bonus (posted on DoC today) but super bummed about the huge amount of denials. Thought I had a new CC to apply for but with them hitting all 3(!) bureaus I'm gonna channel patience while waiting for more DPs on the denials...

my research on amex business card have shown that amex gives these cards out like candy. Another good thing about amex business card is that they dont count towards 5/24... to that frees up your 5/24 slots!

edit: Gonna apply for an SPG biz tonight. Kinda wished that facebook group was around if you know what i mean... ;)
I can get you the hookup on that...if you know what I mean...lol

Watching the new Cap1 Venture card 50,000 point bonus (posted on DoC today) but super bummed about the huge amount of denials. Thought I had a new CC to apply for but with them hitting all 3(!) bureaus I'm gonna channel patience while waiting for more DPs on the denials...
I've never been able to bring myself to give Cap1 a chance...these DPs certainly aren't persuading me otherwise, lol!

Anybody can start a group on facebook, but if it's meant for sharing that type of thing can we even post about the group name here? It would just need a few people as moderators, not necessarily to kick people out but to let people in and so one person can't shut the whole thing down.

Anybody can start a group on facebook, but if it's meant for sharing that type of thing can we even post about the group name here? It would just need a few people as moderators, not necessarily to kick people out but to let people in and so one person can't shut the whole thing down.
We could also start a Reddit group...I think those can be private too and maybe easier since many of us discuss CC stuff there already (and doesn't require our real name). If there's support amongst us I'm happy to set it up.

Decided to go ahead and take the 80K offer for Marriott. Instantly approved!

Glad you guys shared your reddit names. Was able to look for you there.
I'd be onboard for a FB or reddit group!!
And if we were on Reddit now insert the obligatory..."Hope you used a referral for the Marriott card!" LOL!! :rotfl2:

Didn't know they still left old cards out there. I assumed when they rolled mine into the new IT program they did the same for everyone and retired the old products. But if you have the rotating categories yours was a newer card I guess. Guess I just had one of the products they wanted to retire. I'm not complaining, the new card is a much better card (full 1% on everything, not just after the 3k spend) but I assumed it was because they wanted to push everyone into the new stuff to make it easier.
When they changed to DiscoverIt, my mom automatically was sent a new card. We were not. My card looks different from hers. Not sure my web page looks different from hers when I log in, but I know mine doesn't say DiscoverIt. (Just checked and it says Discover More Card.) I'm also looking for the bonus and don't want to apply if I wouldn't get it.

ETA: Just looked at my mom's account and she doesn't have the rotating categories. Doesn't DiscoverIt have the quarterly categories?

Last edited:
We could also start a Reddit group...I think those can be private too and maybe easier since many of us discuss CC stuff there already (and doesn't require our real name). If there's support amongst us I'm happy to set it up.
I'm not on Reddit but I'd be interested.

I got the SPG business card yesterday. I put $200 for revenue and got instant approval. First business card with them, just have SPG personal. First app where I used me and spouses combined income since were now officially married, so ya know, that made it double what my personal card had so it might have helped haha.
Reddit SouthFayetteFan can get short with people. Disboards SouthFayetteFan is a lover not a fighter...

Some may accuse me of being temperamental, I just say it's my 2 passions manifesting themselves in different ways! ::yes::
Well over here we have a combined love of Disney so I think that just makes us better people than the general population:)

I'm not on Reddit but I'd be interested.
And just to clarify - my thought was that this "group" could be purely for supporting each other via referrals. Definitely want to keep the discussion here so it's visible to all the DISboards members.

And just to clarify - my thought was that this "group" could be purely for supporting each other via referrals. Definitely want to keep the discussion here so it's visible to all the DISboards members.
I'm the one who suggested the FB group, so I'm all for it. I've never been moderator on any type of group.

this is an interesting idea. i would totally join.

I got the SPG business card yesterday. I put $200 for revenue and got instant approval. First business card with them, just have SPG personal. First app where I used me and spouses combined income since were now officially married, so ya know, that made it double what my personal card had so it might have helped haha.

Well over here we have a combined love of Disney so I think that just makes us better people than the general population:)

im in the same situation... if you dont mind me asking, with $200 revenue, how much credit do they give u? My business so to say is semi legit, as i collect rent and act as a property manager. I do include the collected rent in the revenue though...

@miztressuz

found this on reddit.

nIRTYkZ.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter