I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
...I am so totally obsessing over this. Like every couple hours getting on and checking his account to see if miles have posted yet...
That's not healthy! Just put the extra spend on it for your peace of mind at this point so you're ready to fight Amex confidently for the bonus if you have to. I can't imagine why real estate and insurance payments would not qualify for the bonus though but this is not worth worrying this much over! And, your DH can get on the phone and give them permission to talk to you. I'd be concerned that the promotion is not attached to your application. I don't have this card so I don't have personal experience but the statement credit for my delta purchase on my personal delta gold posted when the charge posted and so has every other data point I've seen for the personal delta gold.

That's not healthy! Just put the extra spend on it for your peace of mind at this point so you're ready to fight Amex confidently for the bonus if you have to. I can't imagine why real estate and insurance payments would not qualify for the bonus though but this is not worth worrying this much over! And, your DH can get on the phone and give them permission to talk to you. I'd be concerned that the promotion is not attached to your application. I don't have this card so I don't have personal experience but the statement credit for my delta purchase on my personal delta gold posted when the charge posted and so has every other data point I've seen for the personal delta gold.

Ok thanks. It has been one of those things where I met the spend and then pretty much put it away and didn't think about it. Only within last week or two started to worry and wonder about it. I really don't want to fight Amex. But I can if need too. Sadly it is the one credit card application I didn't take a screenshot of when I applied. I usually do. :(

2 minor wins today.

We have a Citi Sears card we have had for ages. In the sock drawer. They recently added Thank You points to our card, then in October we got an email offer for 10x points on restaurants, grocery stores and gas stations. So we used it just for those categories. They are slow to post points but over 5,000 points hit today which is enough for a $50 gift card. I'll take it

And speaking of gift cards, apparently DH found a few GCs given to him by customers when he got rid of his old car a few month ago. He stashed them in his glove box in the new car. I happened to open it a couple days ago and see a bunch of GCs. :cool1:Today I looked them all up. Over $130 on them including a $50 Lowe's card and $25 VGC

Now does anyone know if Lowe's sells Disney GCs? :rolleyes1

2 minor wins today.

We have a Citi Sears card we have had for ages. In the sock drawer. They recently added Thank You points to our card, then in October we got an email offer for 10x points on restaurants, grocery stores and gas stations. So we used it just for those categories. They are slow to post points but over 5,000 points hit today which is enough for a $50 gift card. I'll take it

And speaking of gift cards, apparently DH found a few GCs given to him by customers when he got rid of his old car a few month ago. He stashed them in his glove box in the new car. I happened to open it a couple days ago and see a bunch of GCs. :cool1:Today I looked them all up. Over $130 on them including a $50 Lowe's card and $25 VGC

Nice! Yes, Lowe's sells Disney GCs. Just bought one on Sunday with an Amex offer to spend $50 at Lowe's and get 1000 MR. DH and I also max our Freedom cards at Lowe's when there is a home improvement store bonus category.

2 minor wins today.

Lowe's doesn't allow GC to purchase GC :( I'm pretty sure the system blocks it.

Lowe's doesn't allow GC to purchase GC :( I'm pretty sure the system blocks it.

Yes the system blocks it; couple years ago the manager ended up taking pity on me and allowing it. But it was a big deal to do it that way. Even included them taking my identification and writing down my driver's license number. So not worth the drama...

DH got the AMEX Delta Platinum Business when 70K first opened up (around 9/28). We met the minimum spend the middle of October. Also made the Delta purchase. No money back toward AF for that and more importantly still no bonus! Any thoughts? What has been everyone’s experience?

I did a live chat last week and he checked and basically said be patient. Two concerns: about $600 of spend was classified as real estate and $600 was for insurance. Now I am thinking maybe those charges did not count to get bonus?

I really wish Chase was like AMEX and had an option to secure message. I don’t want to call since it is DH’s card (he won’t call) and the live chat does not seem to be that effective. If I need to put more spend on it I need to do it ASAP because getting close to end of three months. Third statement closes 12/25.

I am so totally obsessing over this. Like every couple hours getting on and checking his account to see if miles have posted yet...

yeah, i wouldnt worry about your charge as real estate or insurance. Unless in reality, you bought Visa Gift Cards...

Thanks for that. Didn't realize that about the Hilton. Will search around for what can be product changed to what...

so i was looking around flyertalk for something else and i came across Amex PC thread. It seems like Hilton can convert into Delta or SPG. it was a 2014 datapoint but its still something i guess... haha.

Just checked DH's Freedom since I thought for sure we have had to max out Q4 by now but we haven't. I can't seem to locate the link to check Discover. Does anyone have it handy so I can make sure we have maxed out?

I hope that's true. That would be easy to max out.

screen_shot_2017_12_14_at_5_42_25_am_88b00a271f41a20474b5a07fab16a534e7c5ac71.png

I wish I had a new card with a sign on bonus. I am at 4/24 but holding off because I really want to go for SW CP next year.

My minivan needs a timing belt. So my oil change is now costing about $1300 (needs an air filter and coolant too). Best I can do is get 1.5% back from C1 or put it on my CSR:( I just put almost $700 into her a few months ago (brakes). I know driving a vehicle into the ground is supposed to make financial sense, but now that I have 110,000 miles on mine, I'm questioning the logic!

Plus next month I'm going to owe DD's swim club $2000. It seems so wasteful to settle for 1.5% on big purchases.

My 2002 Highlander has 160k and I plan to drive it until past 200k. Even if I need a major repair worth 3k, it's worth it to fix it rather than laying out 45k for a new one, which I'd want for my next car.

My 2002 Highlander has 160k and I plan to drive it until past 200k. Even if I need a major repair worth 3k, it's worth it to fix it rather than laying out 45k for a new one, which I'd want for my next car.
My plan is to try to get this van to last 7.5 more years. That's when DD should graduate from college. Luckily she's driving in a few years and will have her own car and I've sworn off driving to my parents' house so average miles per year should go from about 18,000 to 12,000 or so hopefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter