I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
HELP please ASAP..... I'm on vacation currently and need to make a fast decision using a CSR very soon..... would buying a Disney gift card from somewhere on property,like guest services or hotel shop trigger the travel credit? I'm getting anxious and need a way to use this fast - thanks for any help. Another ? If I buy swa gc from the swa site,it'll work for that,right? If I have a gc, can I combine with points for a a fare?

The Disney gift card at a shop won’t code as travel it should if you are staying onsite and can charge to the magic band though. The Southwest gc should work. Idk if you can combine points and a gift card for a fare.

Does this SPG Preferred Guest member card they sent me serve any purpose?

No, have never used mine.
Woah...I hold that close...look at it every night before bed. It just makes me feel special...don't tell me it serves no purpose. It tells me I'm freakin awesome!! LOL!

Question on the Hilton cards. We each have two currently, the AMEX surpass, which is becoming the Ascend card I guess, with a $95 fee.
The other is the Citi Hilton which will become the Hilton Honors AMEX card.
I do not use either regularly. I believe the Citi has no fee. But with AMEX one time only bonus rule, would it make more sense to just cancel the Citi before it rolls over and then reapply if they offer a sign up bonus for the AMEX card?
I don't know that I need to keep the Ascend either, it has 10 free visits to Priority Pass lounges, but I honestly don't know that I would ever actually use that.

The Disney gift card at a shop won’t code as travel it should if you are staying onsite and can charge to the magic band though. The Southwest gc should work. Idk if you can combine points and a gift card for a fare.
Agh. Staying at dolphin- I have one park day Nd will use an old mb for admission,but I guess not charging to it.if I bought at the game desk in dolphin,I wonder if it would work....grasping here lol

HELP please ASAP..... I'm on vacation currently and need to make a fast decision using a CSR very soon..... would buying a Disney gift card from somewhere on property,like guest services or hotel shop trigger the travel credit? I'm getting anxious and need a way to use this fast - thanks for any help. Another ? If I buy swa gc from the swa site,it'll work for that,right? If I have a gc, can I combine with points for a a fare?

I dont know about the Disney gift card, but my guess if you would need to room charge it to the room? According to flyertalk, it does code as travel if you purchase an egift card. buying points from points.com do not though.

Question on the Hilton cards. We each have two currently, the AMEX surpass, which is becoming the Ascend card I guess, with a $95 fee.
The other is the Citi Hilton which will become the Hilton Honors AMEX card.
I do not use either regularly. I believe the Citi has no fee. But with AMEX one time only bonus rule, would it make more sense to just cancel the Citi before it rolls over and then reapply if they offer a sign up bonus for the AMEX card?
I don't know that I need to keep the Ascend either, it has 10 free visits to Priority Pass lounges, but I honestly don't know that I would ever actually use that.

Ideally, u would want to PC your citi hilton card if you can first before cancelling. get some citi card instead like a double cash or something. idk what they would offer.

Ideally, u would want to PC your citi hilton card if you can first before cancelling. get some citi card instead like a double cash or something. idk what they would offer.

Ok, thanks. What is the advantage to product changing before cancelling?

your total utilization remains, your AoA remains. if not, ur drop points on both of those.
But if I cancel won't I lose those anyway? Not concerned on the age, it's only a year old. Or are you suggesting PC and not cancel?

SW definitely codes as travel. Just bought one two days ago and got my $300 credit today. I really wanted a way to get that $300 into Disney but I couldn't come up with any option. I do not think SW allows you to combine GC's but pretty sure they allow up to 4 forms of payment.

I used my 2018 $300 travel credit on the CSR and we are keeping dh's CSR. If my travel credit adjustment posted today, is that bad to message them asking to PC?? I don't want to get in trouble with Chase. How long should I wait?

For SW can't combine points with a GC... unless they take a GC as payment for the security fees.

But if I cancel won't I lose those anyway? Not concerned on the age, it's only a year old. Or are you suggesting PC and not cancel?
I think @Albort was saying to look into PC as an alternative before you just call to cancel outright.

No portal for B&H, but isn't the Apple Store on the Marriott More portal?
The Apple Store jumped up to 6x American Airlines just for today, but I'm way more interested in a UR increase than an airline increase. Cash Back Monitor sent me an email right away about AA, so I'm glad to see I can rely on them to let me know if it happens.

I used my 2018 $300 travel credit on the CSR and we are keeping dh's CSR. If my travel credit adjustment posted today, is that bad to message them asking to PC?? I don't want to get in trouble with Chase. How long should I wait?

do it, most shut downs are from the heavy users. There are a ton of people already doing what ur doing.

Ok, that's what I was wondering. Does Citi do that do you know?
sorry about not being clear. yes, pc first. if no option, cancel.
citi is a tough one, some say you can so say u cant... etc. play the game, see what they give u. i would think they would since they would keep a customer instead of losing one to amex.

SW definitely codes as travel. Just bought one two days ago and got my $300 credit today. I really wanted a way to get that $300 into Disney but I couldn't come up with any option. I do not think SW allows you to combine GC's but pretty sure they allow up to 4 forms of payment.
Did you buy egift cards straight from swa.com?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter