I need updated reviews for this years Hallowishes dessert party :)

Can anyone who has been to a dessert party tell me some of the things they offered? Did they also have anything that wasn't sweet (like cheese or crackers)? I've never been to one and was curious.

The plaza garden viewing (the one on the terrace side) was wide open for everyone at the Thursday night party. I sat in there and it was very comfortable and almost everyone stayed sitting for both CTM and the fireworks. Lots of space all around, most everyone was crowded around the hub area.
When you say "everyone" do you mean everyone at the dessert party or everyone in the Halloween party?

We were at the first MNSSHP.

We had no problem finding a great spot in front of castle for hocus pocus, castle show and fireworks. My DD(12) and I are petite 5'3 and 5 foot and we had no trouble watching everything and finding great spots right before the shows.

We went to second parade got a great spot- sat on ground at rope in front of stockade 10 minutes before headless horseman arrived.

I would not recommend the dessert party as there is so much you will miss of this very special night. There just isn't enough time to enjoy all the fun as it is and the party will be a time suck.

Last edited:
We had no problem finding a great spot in front of castle for hocus pocus, castle show and fireworks. My DD(12) and I are petite 5'3 and 5 foot and we had no trouble watching everything and finding great spots right before the shows.
What time did you stake out your spot? Did you stay there from the show all through the fireworks?

What time did you stake out your spot? Did you stay there from the show all through the fireworks?

9pm we arrived in the hub and there were plenty of spaces. We watched Hocus Pocus at 9:15. We moved up a bit more for Castle celebrate the magic show and fireworks because the family in front of us bought and attached a ballon to their stoller after H and we didn't want to stand behind it.

Also to note, we did the regular wishes dessert party last August and you could not see the castle show well at all from the dessert party.

Luckily we'd been to MK a couple nights before and had a great view so didn't feel we'd missed out - as the castle show is outstanding!

When you say "everyone" do you mean everyone at the dessert party or everyone in the Halloween party?

I was not attending the dessert party, just the Halloween party. The area was open to all guests that night.

I also attended the first party last Friday (my trip was 9 nights so I was able to attend 2 Halloween parties.) For the first party, I watched the parade from the front of Hall of Presidents right at the rope which I secured at 7:40pm. I followed the end of the parade, and walked right up to the front of the castle to watch Hocus Pocus at 9:15 - I was able to get super close luckily since I'm only 5'3. I moved back a little bit right after Hocus Pocus, closer to the Walt & Mickey statue to watch CTM and the fireworks.

So for the second party I did the same exact thing for the parade and Hocus Pocus but then I moved to the Plaza gardens for CTM and fireworks - which was far superior viewing and so much more comfortable.

We also booked the Star Wars party, and I'm nervous that the fireworks area is standing only. Hopefully they will be able to see...at least we will get our mugs there, and a bit cheaper
The SW party has a viewing area up front for children.

Was your child sleeping or awake when you checked in? I expect strollers to be parked if child isn't asleep in it...(similar to restaurant policies). I am curious to know how they handle the situation if the child is already asleep in the stroller.
You will have to take her out, unfortunately. The stroller cannot go in. There just isn't any room.

I have the dessert party booked for MVMCP and I assume it will be very similar. So now I'm conflicted. I didn't realized they'd pushed the fireworks and second parade back so far. I'm going with my 3.5 year old and I thought the dessert party would be an excellent way for him to see the parade and fireworks without being pushed around. Last year in the hub during MNSSHP, I was shoved, stepped on, and even spat on and I'll never do that again. It sounds like from the reviews that the dessert party isn't worth it, but he won't wait patiently for a spot for the first parade and I don't think he'll make it to the second parade at 11:15. I don't know what to do now lol.

I am so sorry that it is taken me this long to get back!!! Anyway we attended the dessert party at MNSSHP on 9/8. It was great. I am going to compare it to the regular Wishes Dessert Party, which we attended in MaY (with the upcharge enhancements).

First, the parade seating was very nice. The CMs were so welcoming and they had bottles of water available. But we definitely did not NEED it, because at least on this night the first parade was not crowded at all, and it would have been easy to get similar seating along main street. We showed up early but not as early as they wanted us to. Maybe by 8pm? we could go in and out and we noticed snow white had no line so we popped over and got our picture taken. The parade viewing was wonderful and the characters were super interactive with us.

The CMs the led us down the back entry way to the Tomorrowland Terrace, so that was nice, no fighting crowds. Kind of all in a big group, and then lined us up against the railing just where you would have lined up for the regular party. We were about 1/3 of the way back of the crowd. If you made an effort to walk fast you wouldn't have a problem being up front if you are worried about it. Anyway they started checking us in immediately. The CMs gave us our sparkling cider and invited us to pick a table. I actually picked the exact same table we had in May because I thought the view that time was perfect. The tables were against the rail and only about two deep. No assigned seating.

The desserts seemed a bit better than I remembered. There were a few cupcakes and Halloween themed treats, including rice crispy treats with candy corns. There were two kinds of chocolate strawberries, regular and white dipped. The desserts looked and tasted better than previous parties.

As we got ready for Hallowishes the CMs came around and removed the lanterns from the table and gave us each a sleeve of ghiradelli chocolate squares to take home. A very nice little additional gift.

I would definitely recommend it, overall. We had a great time.

I have the dessert party booked for MVMCP and I assume it will be very similar. So now I'm conflicted. I didn't realized they'd pushed the fireworks and second parade back so far. I'm going with my 3.5 year old and I thought the dessert party would be an excellent way for him to see the parade and fireworks without being pushed around. Last year in the hub during MNSSHP, I was shoved, stepped on, and even spat on and I'll never do that again. It sounds like from the reviews that the dessert party isn't worth it, but he won't wait patiently for a spot for the first parade and I don't think he'll make it to the second parade at 11:15. I don't know what to do now lol.
I'm on the same boat as you with my 2 year old... Might just take my chances with the crowds...

I am so sorry that it is taken me this long to get back!!! Anyway we attended the dessert party at MNSSHP on 9/8. It was great. I am going to compare it to the regular Wishes Dessert Party, which we attended in MaY (with the upcharge enhancements).

First, the parade seating was very nice. The CMs were so welcoming and they had bottles of water available. But we definitely did not NEED it, because at least on this night the first parade was not crowded at all, and it would have been easy to get similar seating along main street. We showed up early but not as early as they wanted us to. Maybe by 8pm? we could go in and out and we noticed snow white had no line so we popped over and got our picture taken. The parade viewing was wonderful and the characters were super interactive with us.

The CMs the led us down the back entry way to the Tomorrowland Terrace, so that was nice, no fighting crowds. Kind of all in a big group, and then lined us up against the railing just where you would have lined up for the regular party. We were about 1/3 of the way back of the crowd. If you made an effort to walk fast you wouldn't have a problem being up front if you are worried about it. Anyway they started checking us in immediately. The CMs gave us our sparkling cider and invited us to pick a table. I actually picked the exact same table we had in May because I thought the view that time was perfect. The tables were against the rail and only about two deep. No assigned seating.

The desserts seemed a bit better than I remembered. There were a few cupcakes and Halloween themed treats, including rice crispy treats with candy corns. There were two kinds of chocolate strawberries, regular and white dipped. The desserts looked and tasted better than previous parties.

As we got ready for Hallowishes the CMs came around and removed the lanterns from the table and gave us each a sleeve of ghiradelli chocolate squares to take home. A very nice little additional gift.

Thank you for your review. We are traveling with a 3,8 and 3 adults and thought the DP would work well for the 3 year old.

I should have taken more photos, but I didn't. One of my kid's plate and one of us in our costumes:
View attachment 194079
View attachment 194080
Thank you so much for this review and the picture of the desserts! We're so excited about it. It sounds great! My husband is excited for the treats. The parade viewing sounds so nice. I really appreciate all the details about everything. It's hard to believe the reviews are so few. I would think one of the blogs would have a full review.
Your costumes are adorable! Good looking family!

One more question ... for those of you who attended the dessert party, what time did you meet at the flag pole? My e-mail says 7:30, but isn't that an hour before the parade starts (not counting the length of time it takes to get from Frontierland to Fantasyland)? That would be about when we'd be staking out a spot without the dessert party, so I'm hoping we can get there later and still at least have our 8 year old get a space in front.

hello all

My wife and I booked the Hallowishes dessert party on October 11th and are probably going to cancel it

We have done other dessert parties before and enjoyed them but after reading some reviews and thinking about it we don't really want to use up that much time at the Halloween party.

I am just posting this to see if someone else could use the slot?

I don't know how long it takes to cancel a reservation and have someone else find it but if you want to try and you want to go to the dessert party let me know.

I will try to coordinate the cancellation and your reservation.

It was a party of two on oct 11th.

Cheers!

One more question ... for those of you who attended the dessert party, what time did you meet at the flag pole? My e-mail says 7:30, but isn't that an hour before the parade starts (not counting the length of time it takes to get from Frontierland to Fantasyland)? That would be about when we'd be staking out a spot without the dessert party, so I'm hoping we can get there later and still at least have our 8 year old get a space in front.
My email said 7:30 for the Sept. 2nd party, but the back of the lanyard card I was given says "7:45 pm, Parade viewing location opens at the Town Square Flagpole. 8:30 pm, Mickey's Boo to You Halloween Parade Begins." We got there at 8:00, and it was fine. There was plenty of room. There was still a bit of a wait since, like you said, the parade started in Frontierland! I have read on here that there was a cutoff time, but it is not mentioned on my card and none of the CMs said anything about it to us. There was plenty of room even right before the parade arrived at our location.

My email said 7:30 for the Sept. 2nd party, but the back of the lanyard card I was given says "7:45 pm, Parade viewing location opens at the Town Square Flagpole. 8:30 pm, Mickey's Boo to You Halloween Parade Begins." We got there at 8:00, and it was fine. There was plenty of room. There was still a bit of a wait since, like you said, the parade started in Frontierland! I have read on here that there was a cutoff time, but it is not mentioned on my card and none of the CMs said anything about it to us. There was plenty of room even right before the parade arrived at our location.

Thank you! That was very helpful!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter