I Saw Mommy Kissing Goofy Claus - Dec '09 - DAY ONE, FINALLY (2/20) - PG# 40

As it stands I have got about a month left before my darling monster-beast turns 2! We (read: I) have decided to have a Classic Mickey/Minnie theme birthday party for her. As promised, here are some pictures of the goodies I've acquired thus far:

Here's the birthday girl in her birthday dress:
(Sorry for the blacked out face. I have an irrational fear that someday I will see a picture of my childs face on... ugh... you get the picture, right. Sorry - for now Madi will be shown with a "Mickey" face)
IMG_1038-1.jpg

I found the dress on ebay for maybe $10, it is in excellent condition and Madi :lovestruc it! The shoes and ears I got at the Disney Store.

I bought these cute capris for her to wear after the party, and just for our trip in general. Another ebay find. Made an offer for $8/free shipping and GOT IT :thumbsup2
CARTER'S Polka Dot Capris

Sprinkles for the cupcakes that I will make (probably a dozen or two):
IMG_1137.jpg

These are going to be her little favor boxes. They were a little smaller than anticipated, but we'll put em to use!
IMG_1136.jpg

*The little people person is used to note size*

Vintage candles I found on ebay. I think we'll use the Minnie/Mickey one:
IMG_1138.jpg

The other candles, we'll use two, maybe three of these:
IMG_1139.jpg

Super cute Thank You cards I found at BJ's:
IMG_1140.jpg

Notepad favors (that won't fit in the mini lunch boxes...):
IMG_1141.jpg

Stickers and tattoos to go in the mini lunch boxes:
IMG_1142.jpg

I also ordered these balloons after the "snafu" with the other ebay seller, they're not in yet...
Mickey Mylar Balloons

I "borrowed" this design from a seller on ebay and am in the process of recreating. These will be the invites that go out:
0be6_1.jpg

And they will be sent in an envelope made out of this paper:
c5a4_1_b_1273_1_thumb.jpg

You guys will all see the final product when it is said and done. Hopefully before next week! So that is it so far! Oh, I have also envisioned her cake and have put in a deposit to have it made. Try to follow along - close your eyes... err you can't read and close your eyes so, close one eye and read with the other - the cake will be three tiers, but the third tier doesn't count.
- Bottom tier is a 10" double high: Chocolate cake with strawberry or chocolate frosting covered in red fondant with white fondant polka dots
- Between the bottom and middle tier there will be a yellow fondant ribbon
- Middle tier is a 8" double high: Vanilla cake with strawberry frosting covered in the red fondant with the white fondant polka dots
- Top tier is going to be a 6" dome: Vanilla cake with strawberry frosting covered in black fondant and then there will be two ears on it. So it will look like a Mickey Ear Hat and on it in Disney font it will read: Madilynn!

I shopped around for quotes and found a great baker in my area that will do it for $75 - WOOHOO! :woohoo: More than I want to spend on a cake, since I feel I could make it myself, but I am delegating this year and letting go a bit!

So that's the birthday in the works. You guys can count on hearing more about it in the weeks to come! I am glad to have this as a way to help make the 129 days go by a little faster!

Up next we'll talk about our tentative plans, ADR's & other must-sees!

Thanks guys! I'll be sure to get tons of readers now!

"Hey, head on over to MadilynnsMomma's trip report - it's covered in inappropriate costumes!"

Glad I am able to give you ladies an outlet to share your "gems" :rotfl2:

I see in your future......A CAKE! And it is really cute! Sounds great! I love the tins! Do you have the Disney font on your computer! If not, I can tell you where to get it!!

OK, where do I get that dress in big kid size?

That is seriously adorable. :thumbsup2

After spending 2 hours last night cutting out circles the size of CD's and cutting out address labels I am done, done, done - almost - with Madilynn's birthday invites! :cool1: I have fully assembled and "stuffed" 10 of the 20 invitations. Here's some pics of the process.

As you may recall here is my "rip-off" (read: base idea):
0be6_1.jpg

First I cut out 20 five to six inch Mickey Heads:
IMG_1149.jpg

Then I cut out 20 CD sized circles of sticker paper with the party info and attached them to the Mickey Heads:
IMG_1150-dis.jpg

Then I punched two holes in one ear to hold the ribbon for Minnie's bow. I fed the ribbon through and then "folded" it under and attached it with a sticky dot:
IMG_1151.jpg

Next I attached a button between the bow:
IMG_1153.jpg

Up next, the envelope. I used a 12x12 piece of scrapbook paper and folded it like this:
Step 1: Bring one corner in
IMG_1154.jpg

Step 2: Bring the opposite corner in
IMG_1155.jpg

Step 3: Bring the "bottom" up & insert the invite
IMG_1157.jpg

Step 4: Fold down the top and seal it with tape. Flip it over and adhere address and shipping labels
IMG_1158-dis.jpg

And the final invite looks like this:
IMG_1160.jpg

I am really proud of the way these came out and can not wait to have this party. Hopefully everything else falls in to place just right ;)

*Up next: A look inside my ADR's...

Those invites are amazing, great job!!! Can't wait to hear about these ADRs!!!

Thanks! After all my hard work the post office will not accept the envelopes as is and said I need to put them in a large plain envelope and pay double postage! This has become an expensive project!

I was lurking on the December 2009 Code Watch board since for quite some time and kept reading about these lucky dogs getting a Free Dining Pin Code. I wanted so bad for me to be one of those lucky dogs... but I kept reading of others. Then on July 1st I almost jumped out of my skin! Could it be?! An email from Disney Destinations...
IT WAS!!! :cool1::banana:FREE DINING:banana::cool1:
Our original trip was booked with AAA and we were paying OOP for the basic dining plan. Then the email came and I discussed it with Shamus and we decided - Why the heck not! So now we are booked with the discounted Deluxe Dining Plan, which translates in to LOTS of playing around with restaurants! Now, I have only been to Disney once :eek: (I know, I know) and the only places I remember eating are:
- Crystal Palace
- 50's Primetime
- Olivia's @ OKW
- Nine Dragons

We may have eaten at other places, but these ones stick out. So I did what any good Disser would do - I scoured the boards, read reviews and checked out the menus at allears.net. We will be there for 5 nights, so we have 15 meal credits each for the duration of our stay. Without further ado, here is our outline of feasting:
***DISCLAIMER: Since we don't know what days have evening EMH (which I fully intend to take advantage of - a much heated debate here on the DIS, I know!) I can not set in stone which park day will fall on which day of our vacation

Arrival Day (should be all checked in by 1PM) - This is a Sunday
* Lunch: open (Maybe somewhere in DTD)
* Dinner: Cinderella's Gala Feast @ Grand Floridian (1 credit)

Magic KIngdom Day
* Breakfast: 'Ohana @ The Poly (1 credit)
* Lunch: open
* Dinner: Mickey's Backyard BBQ (2 credits) <--- not sold on this yet, but I think Shamus is...

Animal Kingdom Day
* Breakfast: Tusker House (1 credit)
* Lunch: Picnic in the Park (OOP?)
* Dinner: Yak & Yeti (1 credit)

Epcot Day
* Breakfast: Akershus (1 credit)
* Lunch: Coral Reef (1 credit)
* Dinner: Teppan Edo (1 credit) <--- not solid on this yet... suggestions?

Hollywood Studios Day
* Breakfast: Supercalifragilistic Breakfast @ Grand Floridian (1 credit)
* Dinner: Sci-Fi Dine-in Theater (1 credit)

Departure Day :sad1: (need to be to MCO by 3 or 4PM) - This is a Friday
* Breakfast: Chef Mickey's (1 credit)

Well, there you have it! I am open to suggestions & critiquing!

Up Next... more discussion about food - pending audience participation from this post!

I was talking to a friend about my disdain for the local post office and she told me that they think they rule the USPS world and she suggested I go to a different post office.

Done and done!!! :thumbsup2

So, yesterday I went to this little hole-in-the-wall, super-mini, tired excuse of a post office and low and behold, DUN-DA-DA-DAAAAA! I handed my homemade square envelope to the post master and asked:
- "how much to send this?"
He took it, set it on the scale and said
- "eighty-eight cents."
Me: and it can be sent as is?
Him: yep, you'll just need two stamps.

Done and done!!! :thumbsup2

Today I received my first RSVP, so off they went without a glitch! WOOHOO!!! :cool1:

Tomorrow we'll get back to the PTR and discuss: To Party, or not to Party, that is the question!

Isn't it awesome to see the ticker saying under 4 months??!! Each time it goes down a month, I feel like it's a milestone! Getting really excited...school starts here in 20 days and it will all go quick from there. Only a little more than 100 days now!

Isn't it awesome to see the ticker saying under 4 months??!! Each time it goes down a month, I feel like it's a milestone! Getting really excited...school starts here in 20 days and it will all go quick from there. Only a little more than 100 days now!

:thumbsup2 for being under 4 months! When did you start your ticker? I have been watching this sucker tick away for over 4 months!!! I also have a daily countdown on my Myspace and I get so excited when I get to a "10" and then the next day is even more exciting when the number in the tens place changes to a x9! Ohh COME ON DECEMBER!!!!

I've got Madilynn's birthday keeping me occupied, that'll tide me over until I can make ADR's, then the last 90 days are

going

to

take

for

EVER :sad2:

:thumbsup2 for being under 4 months! When did you start your ticker? I have been watching this sucker tick away for over 4 months!!! I also have a daily countdown on my Myspace and I get so excited when I get to a "10" and then the next day is even more exciting when the number in the tens place changes to a x9! Ohh COME ON DECEMBER!!!!

I've got Madilynn's birthday keeping me occupied, that'll tide me over until I can make ADR's, then the last 90 days are

going

to

take

for

EVER :sad2:

I only started mine like a month and a half ago. Our kids start school on the 31st, so getting ready for that will keep me busy. Then, three days after that, I can do my ADR's. I think the 90 days will go kinda quick because I will have to be getting ready for Christmas since we will be away for ten days in the beginning of Dec!! So, I will have to be done early with what I would normakky be doing then. I am going to try to have all of Christmas done except for the tree by the time we leave. So, that's a lot of work. I figure I'll be busy enough unpacking and doing laundry, pictures, scrapbook, trip report, etc. when I get back that I won't have time for Christmas!!:rolleyes1

I only started mine like a month and a half ago. Our kids start school on the 31st, so getting ready for that will keep me busy. Then, three days after that, I can do my ADR's. I think the 90 days will go kinda quick because I will have to be getting ready for Christmas since we will be away for ten days in the beginning of Dec!! So, I will have to be done early with what I would normakky be doing then. I am going to try to have all of Christmas done except for the tree by the time we leave. So, that's a lot of work. I figure I'll be busy enough unpacking and doing laundry, pictures, scrapbook, trip report, etc. when I get back that I won't have time for Christmas!!:rolleyes1

See, now, I am bitter about this ticker situation. When my trip was scheduled for September, it was booked as bounceback, so I had a ticker going from back last October, and it was SO far along...

Had to start over at square one for this December trip. :headache:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter