I Saw Mommy Kissing Goofy Claus - Dec '09 - DAY ONE, FINALLY (2/20) - PG# 40

love the tree pictures!!! you are getting it all together!
I did the ID silicone wristbands (ordered them with all the info engraved on them) I love them...still use them! and I had the dog tags...those were great other than he did not have belt loops and they dragged the ground ...!

so exciting that you are going to be there in ONE MONTH!!!!!! I so cannot wait to hear all about it!!!!
:wave2:

Hey honey :hug:

Madi looks sooooo adorable in those halloween and xmas tree photos!! She is so cute and is gonna be a total stunner when she is older :love:

YAY for being under a month :banana: :banana:

I can't wait to see your disneystore.com purchases! I've found out that I can buy the haunted mansion game in the parks, so i'm gonna get my stuff from there as it will work out cheaper as I wont have to pay shipping and customs charges which would total nearly $100 :scared1:

Do not fear though! I did my fellow shoppers proud - I went to asda yesterday (kinda like walmart) and they had disney knickers for ladies :yay: So i got myself a few cute pairs and some christmassy one's too :laughing:

Are you serious?! That is some cool tree farm!! Ours is owned by a family that lives on the lot that the tree farm is on so I mean they have a small little operation and it works I guess. Our tree is usually $40 -$50 as well!

Let me know what happens with DME. I just called to update my info and the girl told me oh ya your package hasn't been mailed yet so I'll update all the info and mail the package today and it arrived 7 days later with all the correct info. I wish I got her name!! :thumbsup2

No need to call... AAA called today, my docs are in!!!

I know seriously... I still need to get clothes this weekend and luggage ahh the lists continue! lol

I feel that it is time to get serious! :rotfl2: SOOOO much to do!

love the tree pictures!!! you are getting it all together!
I did the ID silicone wristbands (ordered them with all the info engraved on them) I love them...still use them! and I had the dog tags...those were great other than he did not have belt loops and they dragged the ground ...!

so exciting that you are going to be there in ONE MONTH!!!!!! I so cannot wait to hear all about it!!!!
:wave2:

We went with Mabels Labels, they're like a hospital bracelet. Got 30 for $21!

Oh Connie, I will be sure to be super detail oriented and hold nothing back - I know my resort and my dates are very important to you :goodvibes

Hey honey :hug:

Madi looks sooooo adorable in those halloween and xmas tree photos!! She is so cute and is gonna be a total stunner when she is older :love:

YAY for being under a month :banana: :banana:

I can't wait to see your disneystore.com purchases! I've found out that I can buy the haunted mansion game in the parks, so i'm gonna get my stuff from there as it will work out cheaper as I wont have to pay shipping and customs charges which would total nearly $100 :scared1:

Do not fear though! I did my fellow shoppers proud - I went to asda yesterday (kinda like walmart) and they had disney knickers for ladies :yay: So i got myself a few cute pairs and some christmassy one's too :laughing:

Hey you! :goodvibes

Her dad &I are already looking into private schools for her, she is a cutie patootie!!! Thanks!

My purchases have been photographed, but not on photobucket yet... I am so glad to hear you can get the game in the parks! :thumbsup2 I am going to have to keep my out for Disney knickers! Don't know if Shamus would like em, but I would love wearing them! :rotfl:

:banana: WOOT WOOT!!! :banana:

Anitra (NOT Barb) at AAA called today (while I was out of the house! :scared1:)... OUR VACATION DOCUMENTS ARE IN!!!

And they're closed tomorrow and I got the message after 5PM... So you all know where I will be promptly at 9AM Monday morning!!! :worship:

1. I still need to post pumpkin carving pics (is it too late, should I skip this..?)
2. Halloween, Trick-Or-Treating, Dress-Up
3. Picking out our Christmas Tree!!! (Went and "tagged" it Sunday)
4. Pictures of lots of new goodies being added to the suitcase, and the home :thumbsup2
5. My numerous To-Do/Buy/Plan lists
6. Sharing some upcoming none Disney distractions (we all love these!!!)
7. And, of course, Park/Day plans for our trip!

1. DONE
2. DONE
3. DONE
4. Stand by :goodvibes
5. DONE
6. Coming up next!!! :thumbsup2
7. Still not lie... you'll get those next week! :rolleyes:

----------------------------------------------------------------​

Lately I am either freaking out because we are so close to leaving (we're in the 20's!!!) or losing it cause it is SO far away!!! I have got a few things to keep me occupied and help with the sanity!

First on the list is going to see Christmas Carol with Madi's BFF's on Monday. I got bored and created this:

invite.jpg

I think that 11:45 on a Monday should be a good time to take 2 & 3 year olds! Madi sat through UP! and the BFF's sat through Where the Wild Things Are, so we're feeling pretty confident! We'll smuggle in some chicken nuggets and lunch the kids during the movie! Wish us luck! :thumbsup2

Next on the list is venturing out to P-Town (Provincetown to be exact, google map of Cape Cod - Provincetown is the last little town on the Cape, up there on the hook) for the lighting of Pilgrim Monument. Little known fact, the Pilgrims arrived in P-Town first, for some reason (I must have slept through this part...) they left as quickly as they came and went off to Plymouth. So there is a GINORMOUS monument in P-Town that you can climb up. Direct quote from the website: The Pilgrim Monument commemorates the history
of the Mayflower Pilgrims, their arrival and stay in Provincetown Harbor, and the signing of the Mayflower Compact. It is the tallest all-granite structure in the United States. Visitors can walk to the top on a series of stairs and ramps. During the climb, you’ll see many interior stones donated by cities, towns, and organizations from all over the United States. The view from the top is spectacular.
- 116 steps and 60 ramps to the top. (Getting off topic and rambling, sorry!) Every Thanksgiving Eve they have the lighting ceremony for the holiday season. So we'll be headed there Nov 25.

View across the harbor:
Provincetown_Christmas.jpg

Close up:
3066056220_5f021ee69c.jpg

On Main Street they have a "Lobster Pot Christmas Tree":
lob_tree_night2.jpg

Potentially, and lastly we may be taking the BFF's on the North Pole Express. A train ride from Sandwich to Hyannis (I am guessing an hour round-trip) that is Christmas themed. Again, quote from the website: December 4, 5 & 6th passengers will travel via the Cape Cod Central Railroad to the North Pole Station. Once there, kids and parents alike interact with elves getting ready for the big night and see Santa working hard at his desk going over his "lists". Mrs. Claus and Rudolph also welcome visitors. There is hot cocoa, surprises and goodie bags for all! It costs $25 and it is the Friday before we leave (on Sunday). So this is up in the air.

As you can see I've got a few things in the works, not to mention Thanksgiving, Black Friday and picking up the Christmas tree! Then look out world - DISNEY HERE WE COME!!!

As promised here are some goodies I have been tucking away for the trip!

Magic Kingdom Day:
Me:
IMG_1817.jpg

Shamus:
IMG_1818.jpg

Epcot Day:
Me:
IMG_1814.jpg

Shamus:
IMG_1816.jpg

Hollywood Studios Day:
Shamus:
IMG_1819.jpg

Christmas Party Night:
Me:
IMG_1812.jpg

Shamus:
IMG_1813.jpg

Mousekeeping & ADR Tip Cards (Leftovers from Madi's B'day):
IMG_1811.jpg

Madi & I's Pearl Cages:
IMG_1810.jpg

Madi's Autograph Book (4x6 photo album)
IMG_1809.jpg

My Water Bottle:
IMG_1808.jpg

Our lanyards & ID Badge Cover thingies (to put our KTTW card in, and other cards):
IMG_1807.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------​

LOOK WHAT CAME IN?!?!?!

IMG_1794.jpg

Mine:
IMG_1795.jpg

Shamus':
IMG_1799.jpg

Madi's:
IMG_1798.jpg

Hidden Mickey Snowflakes!:
IMG_1796.jpg

IMG_1797.jpg

Even the tags are cute!:
IMG_1803.jpg

Found these cute stocking holders for $5 at Home Goods - the match PERFECTLY!!!:
IMG_1801.jpg

Now, call me crazy... but I ordered two Pluto stocking and bought 4 of the stocking holders. If/when we decided to expand our family I: A- don't want the new addition to be the odd duck out; B- Have to get a new set; C- Scour ebay for another Pluto stocking! I just consider it smart planning! :goodvibes

Wow, I got so far behind, but I am caught up now and hope I can remember everything I wanted to comment on.
The pumpkins were cute.
Love the pictures of Madi, Snow white was great but I still love the dumbo costume, Nemo was great too, the slippers were too cute.

Drug deal in your parking lot. Scary! Stuff like that is everywhere, we always thought that our area was safe because we are moslty country folk around here or small town people, then we had a shooting at the Jr Highschool a few years back, now we have an armed policeman at both of the school and the kids must wear I.D badges at all times. Our elementary schools stay on lockdown during the day. It's a scary world out there no matter where you live.

A real Tree, would love to have one, just the thought of going and picking one out gets me all excited for Christmas, I put my Trees up way too early though, it would propbably die, (and because I can't keep any plant alive ever!!!) I like my Trees up for Thanksgiving. Usually the week before, but I will confess...I did put one up today.

Yay, on getting your vacation documents, I bet their was a sigh of relief, I am still waiting for mine.

I love all your shirts for Disney, I am so tempted to purchase some more but I am holding off.

Last but not least, the lists.......holy cow, they were great, very organized.

everything looks great!!! I wanted to buy some of those Tshirts from the disney store but you never know about sizes and our Disney store closest to us (45 mins away) has reopened but I've not had the time to go but I'm thinking maybe next weekend I might head down there and see what they have.

I'm totally a Tshirt/black comfty shorts kinda girl in WDW. I say forget the jeans and wear what is totally comfty for miles and miles of walking!!
I need to figure out what shirt to wear for MVMCP. Last year my Dmom and I wore xmas shirts that we got at AK which were red and Ddad and Dbro happened to wear green polos so our MK pics were totally cute! We're hoping for the same luck this year :)

I'm assuming that the target travel section is in the future????????

I love those t-shirts, and the Minnie Mouse stocking is the one I wanted! I can't believe we are getting so close!

Ok, now no trip to P-Town is complete without an awesome drag queen story, like "I saw Cher on Commerical Street!!" So I'm expecting big things! :lmao: It's been far too long since I've been down there. For others P-Town has some awesome food, art, and of course whale watching! But by far my fav is interacting with the spicy queens doing their thang! :laughing:

I did the Cape Cod Railroad as a kid, and that was always a good time, the North Pole Express sounds great! All of your goodies are fantastic too! The Christmas Carol is getting great reviews!

Ooh, now see what you've done, I'm now salavating for a good clam roll, or footlong hot dog! :rotfl:

Hiya :hug:

I'm loving all of your purchases!! The t-shirts are really cute and I especially love the one you are wearing to the party 'jingle all the way' it's so sweet :love: I need to get myself a lanyard for my pins and one of those clear card holder things for the end of it, am hoping I can pick one up when we get over there :confused3 I'm glad your cages arrived safely, they are really cute arent they! I love mine, still trying to decide whether to put it on a necklace or a bracelet - what are you doing with it? All those stockings are lovely and it's great that you are planning ahead and bought an extra one, good thinking brains!! The holders are nice too, a very good buy :goodvibes

Let me know how the movie is. Greg and I are going Friday night!!

I love the "evolve" shirt that you got for Shamus, where did you get that!?!?! LOL sometimes I think I was a hippie in another life. The shirts are too cute, I really must say I haven't seen any of those, are they all from the Disney store?

I love the stockings!! I'm so excited for Christmas, I'm currently listening to Christmas carols!! It's never too early. Anyway, you gave me a good idea. I'm looking for place card holders and now you reminded me to look in Home Goods!! I need 9 of them, I am being too stingy by not wanting to spend more than a $1 on each!?! lol I looked in Dollar Tree but they completely skipped Thanksgiving. It went from Halloween to Christmas in one week.

PS- LOVE THE WATER BOTTLE!!!

Love all the goodies!!! I want those stocking holders!! I am always looking for them and they seem so expensive each year, but $5 is a great price! Too bad we don't have a Home Goods around us! Anyway, we are going to see A Christmas Carol this weekend I think so I can't wait to hear what you think of it!

Ok, now no trip to P-Town is complete without an awesome drag queen story, like "I saw Cher on Commerical Street!!" So I'm expecting big things! :lmao: It's been far too long since I've been down there. For others P-Town has some awesome food, art, and of course whale watching! But by far my fav is interacting with the spicy queens doing their thang! :laughing:

LOL I will never forget the first time we took our kids to P-town...didn't tell the oldest what to expect! It was too funny watching his reaction at first sight. (He was about 7 at the time.) I have an uncle that is gay, so it was something that just sort of rolls off of me. But, my son doesn't get to see him too much and was a bit young to really understand if we tried to explain I guess. So, we just let him experience it all first hand. Well, as we pulled in to get parking, there were two guys roller blading down the road and holding hands while doing it! Needless to say, he had many questions! It was pretty funny!

Did I fail to mention...

30 DAY DANCE!!!

:banana::cool1::banana::cool1::banana:

SIMULTANEOUS 1 MONTH DANCE!!!

:banana::cool1::banana::cool1::banana:

YAYAYAYAYAY!!!!! :woohoo::dance3:

The T-shirts are super cute! I haven't done any of that yet. I don't know how I feel wearing Disney t-shirts. All your purchases were adorable.

I love that you get to tag a tree; what wonderful memories and family tradition. I don't put up a tree since my mother passed away. i like looking at other peoples. :goodvibes

I imagine you've already watched a Christmas Carol. I had a review on my PTR. The beginning is a little intense for children with the death scene. How did Madi do?

I can't wait to hear what you thought of the movie!

I'm enjoying your report. You are too funny! :rotfl:
For such a disney "newbie," you are doing AWESOME with the planning. Can't wait to hear more! :surfweb:

Wow, I got so far behind, but I am caught up now and hope I can remember everything I wanted to comment on.
The pumpkins were cute.
Love the pictures of Madi, Snow white was great but I still love the dumbo costume, Nemo was great too, the slippers were too cute.

Drug deal in your parking lot. Scary! Stuff like that is everywhere, we always thought that our area was safe because we are moslty country folk around here or small town people, then we had a shooting at the Jr Highschool a few years back, now we have an armed policeman at both of the school and the kids must wear I.D badges at all times. Our elementary schools stay on lockdown during the day. It's a scary world out there no matter where you live.

A real Tree, would love to have one, just the thought of going and picking one out gets me all excited for Christmas, I put my Trees up way too early though, it would propbably die, (and because I can't keep any plant alive ever!!!) I like my Trees up for Thanksgiving. Usually the week before, but I will confess...I did put one up today.

Yay, on getting your vacation documents, I bet their was a sigh of relief, I am still waiting for mine.

I love all your shirts for Disney, I am so tempted to purchase some more but I am holding off.

Last but not least, the lists.......holy cow, they were great, very organized.

I got so far behind on a lot of reports too, this weekend was crazy for us!

That is scary about your Jr. high school and elementary school... what kind of world do we live in?! :confused3

I am so beyond jealous that Kent gave you the green light to start decorating... Shamus would walk in the door and walk right back out! I will slowly, maybe one thing every other day, start decorating. My Mickey Tree Skirt is due here tomorrow and I am SUPER excited for that!

everything looks great!!! I wanted to buy some of those Tshirts from the disney store but you never know about sizes and our Disney store closest to us (45 mins away) has reopened but I've not had the time to go but I'm thinking maybe next weekend I might head down there and see what they have.

I'm totally a Tshirt/black comfty shorts kinda girl in WDW. I say forget the jeans and wear what is totally comfty for miles and miles of walking!!
I need to figure out what shirt to wear for MVMCP. Last year my Dmom and I wore xmas shirts that we got at AK which were red and Ddad and Dbro happened to wear green polos so our MK pics were totally cute! We're hoping for the same luck this year :)

I'm assuming that the target travel section is in the future????????

Our closest Disney store is about 45 minutes away too. I bought mine in a woman's XL and I love the way they fit. Long enough and don't accentuate my middle, or lower middle LOL. Just got a coupon for 20% off your entire purchase at Disney Store or Disneystore.com, PM if you need it!

I like the idea of getting Shamus to wear a green polo and Madi & I in something festive... Might have to re-think some things :)

I love those t-shirts, and the Minnie Mouse stocking is the one I wanted! I can't believe we are getting so close!

SOOOO Close!!!!

I did the Cape Cod Railroad as a kid, and that was always a good time, the North Pole Express sounds great! All of your goodies are fantastic too! The Christmas Carol is getting great reviews!

Ooh, now see what you've done, I'm now salavating for a good clam roll, or footlong hot dog! :rotfl:

We love a good Drag Show! By we, I mean my friends & I, don't know if Shamus would enjoy it... P-Town isn't just a town to visit, it is an experience!

I am thinking for $25 we may skip it, the kid is going to Disney 2 days later! :laughing:

Olive Garden has a great seafood dish, limited time, Shrimp Mezzalunas, get that to curb your cravings! :goodvibes

Hiya :hug:

I'm loving all of your purchases!! The t-shirts are really cute and I especially love the one you are wearing to the party 'jingle all the way' it's so sweet :love: I need to get myself a lanyard for my pins and one of those clear card holder things for the end of it, am hoping I can pick one up when we get over there :confused3 I'm glad your cages arrived safely, they are really cute arent they! I love mine, still trying to decide whether to put it on a necklace or a bracelet - what are you doing with it? All those stockings are lovely and it's great that you are planning ahead and bought an extra one, good thinking brains!! The holders are nice too, a very good buy :goodvibes

Found the Jingle All The Way tee on ebay, but when it arrived, I saw it was purchased at Walmart, maybe last year :confused3

I love the pearl cage! Super glad you pointed me in that direction!!! I am going to buy a sturdier chain for it, we bought two, Mommy-Daughter necklaces! Can't wait to pick our pearls!!!

Let me know how the movie is. Greg and I are going Friday night!!

I love the "evolve" shirt that you got for Shamus, where did you get that!?!?! LOL sometimes I think I was a hippie in another life. The shirts are too cute, I really must say I haven't seen any of those, are they all from the Disney store?

I love the stockings!! I'm so excited for Christmas, I'm currently listening to Christmas carols!! It's never too early. Anyway, you gave me a good idea. I'm looking for place card holders and now you reminded me to look in Home Goods!! I need 9 of them, I am being too stingy by not wanting to spend more than a $1 on each!?! lol I looked in Dollar Tree but they completely skipped Thanksgiving. It went from Halloween to Christmas in one week.

PS- LOVE THE WATER BOTTLE!!!

The movie was good, Madi liked it! I will post a mini-review tonight!

The evolve tee came for the Disney Store and was either on clearance or buy 2 for $xx - but this was back in the summer time, same time I bought the water bottle...

I am going to have to bust out some Christmas carols REAL soon! I love this season! We went to the mall yesterday, ohhh the twinkle lights were up!!! :worship:

I bought super cute place card holders (I use em as picture holders for the pics that come with our Christmas cards) at Home Goods last year or the year before. Gold glittery wire Christmas trees, maybe paid 4.99 for 4. Ya, I was in the Dollar Tree the other day and was floored at how they just decided to skip T-giving, although I really wouldn't mind! Best of luck in your search!

Love all the goodies!!! I want those stocking holders!! I am always looking for them and they seem so expensive each year, but $5 is a great price! Too bad we don't have a Home Goods around us! Anyway, we are going to see A Christmas Carol this weekend I think so I can't wait to hear what you think of it!

Same here! I always wanted some cute stocking holders, but there is no way I was going to pay $15+ for them. Imagine my delight when I flipped these cuties over and saw $4.99! WOO HOO!!! :cool1: I'll be back tonight to give you a mini-review of the movie!

I love all th goodies for your trip. The t-shirts are just too cute. I love the Christmas one1

Thanks, another good ebay find! :thumbsup2

LOL I will never forget the first time we took our kids to P-town...didn't tell the oldest what to expect! It was too funny watching his reaction at first sight. (He was about 7 at the time.) I have an uncle that is gay, so it was something that just sort of rolls off of me. But, my son doesn't get to see him too much and was a bit young to really understand if we tried to explain I guess. So, we just let him experience it all first hand. Well, as we pulled in to get parking, there were two guys roller blading down the road and holding hands while doing it! Needless to say, he had many questions! It was pretty funny!

OMG! :rotfl2: That is too funny. I don't think we ever visited P-Town, and we grew up in Yarmouth. I love it though, it really is something special in the off season! :goodvibes

YAYAYAYAYAY!!!!! :woohoo::dance3:

The T-shirts are super cute! I haven't done any of that yet. I don't know how I feel wearing Disney t-shirts. All your purchases were adorable.

I love that you get to tag a tree; what wonderful memories and family tradition. I don't put up a tree since my mother passed away. i like looking at other peoples. :goodvibes

I imagine you've already watched a Christmas Carol. I had a review on my PTR. The beginning is a little intense for children with the death scene. How did Madi do?

I can't wait to hear what you thought of the movie!

I feel like we have to wear Disney shirts... :rotfl:

I will be sure to keep you entertained with photos of our tree! Can I ask why you don't put it up?

Movie-review to follow... later tonight

I'm enjoying your report. You are too funny! :rotfl:
For such a disney "newbie," you are doing AWESOME with the planning. Can't wait to hear more! :surfweb:

Thank you :) There will be much more good times to come! Thanks for tagging along!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter