I Saw Mommy Kissing Goofy Claus - Dec '09 - DAY ONE, FINALLY (2/20) - PG# 40

:eek: I am so sad about those lights not being there!! :sad2: The photos i've seen looked stunning and I was really looking forward to seeing them - that's what we were going to do after eating at Garden Grill :headache:

The lights of wonder is a nice thing...do we know for sure if it has been nixed??

Day one looks great! Just feel it all out...you never know with a two year old!! She may be up for anything!!!

I will be sure to keep you entertained with photos of our tree! Can I ask why you don't put it up?

Movie-review to follow... later tonight

Thanks! :santa:

I haven't since my mother passed away. It just didn't seem the same. There wasn't enough people in the house to make it worthwhile, it seemed. But it did increase my love for seeing Christms decor. :goodvibes

I live on a dead end cul-de-sac and I'm the dead-ender house, so there is zero chance for anyone actually seeing any decorations, even as a random drive-by.

LADIES, LADIES, LADIES!!! The 2009 MVMCP Schedule/Handout has been released!!!

MVMCP - WOOT WOOT!!!

oooohhhh! I also saw this on Twitter. I hope I saved it, if not, MadilynnsMomma to the rescue!

I wasn't originally going to go, but since it is part of M&M, I shall partake! :goodvibes

So, the other night, Monday, I got a PIN code for December. ANOTHER pin code. All cause I registered that email address and then booked through AAA. It was for $69/night +tax for staying at a Value. They better keep the pins coming when I want to book our next trip!

Cool! I get nothin;. wish there was a code for POR for my M&M weekend!!! Though 96/night ain't bad. ;)

oh btw- did you guys hear the rumor that the lights of wonder at Epcot may not be up this year? more cutbacks apparently.....:confused::mad:

According to DisneyParks (twitter & their blog), it is because the technology is obselete and they can't support it anymore. I'm hoping they will replace it with something else. Everyone has a pic in front of those lights!

Who doesn't like dancing lisghts set to Christmas carols? Though the Waters do the same kind of thing, it's not the same.

Of course, these are the same people who don't have the Disney-Verizon app out yet on the newest phones. Go figure. :confused3

and where, oh where, can I get the bouncing Mickey Santa?!! It's adorable!!!

There were a bunch of shows of Fantasmic added the following week when we're there and I'm hoping for the same = empty osbourne lights!!!

The lights of winter at Epcot was really pretty, but what I remember most was the dancing water fountains set to the most beautiful Christmas music ever. Reese and I sat and watched this for a long time, it made me feel at peace with the world, it was so calming, I loved it.

The stroller! Score, sounds really nice, Madi is one lucky girl. Does she fully understand that she is going to Disney World? How excited is Shamus?

Your day 1 plan sounds perfect, better to take it easy then get so worn your first day that you can't catch up on sleep and are tired fo the rest of the trip.

I am going to miss the lights of winter :sad1:

I was just telling Shamus the other night as a Disney movie began and Madi said her usual: "Boom-Boom Mickey's Castle" (Her way of saying that the fireworks are going to be at Mickey's Castle) - I told Shamus "when we walk through that gateway and down Main Street and she gets a glimpse of that castle she is going to lose her... stuff! :rotfl2:

Bring on day one! BRING ON DISNEY!!!

I am upset about the Lights of Wonder as well. I had planned several nights in Epcot because of it. I guess they are not needed as much as I thought. I will probably head over to Hollywood Studios those nights instead.

Osborne is great, but Lights of Winter was more... sentimental? :confused3

:eek: I am so sad about those lights not being there!! :sad2: The photos i've seen looked stunning and I was really looking forward to seeing them - that's what we were going to do after eating at Garden Grill :headache:

I guess the water fountain set to Christmas music will still be there to enjoy...

The lights of wonder is a nice thing...do we know for sure if it has been nixed??

Day one looks great! Just feel it all out...you never know with a two year old!! She may be up for anything!!!

Read an article for the Orlando Sentinial (or whatever it's called) that for sure it's gone... :sad2:

I am so ready to see how she reacts to the whole experience!!!

Thanks! :santa:

I haven't since my mother passed away. It just didn't seem the same. There wasn't enough people in the house to make it worthwhile, it seemed. But it did increase my love for seeing Christms decor. :goodvibes

I live on a dead end cul-de-sac and I'm the dead-ender house, so there is zero chance for anyone actually seeing any decorations, even as a random drive-by.

oooohhhh! I also saw this on Twitter. I hope I saved it, if not, MadilynnsMomma to the rescue!

I wasn't originally going to go, but since it is part of M&M, I shall partake! :goodvibes

Cool! I get nothin;. wish there was a code for POR for my M&M weekend!!! Though 96/night ain't bad. ;)

According to DisneyParks (twitter & their blog), it is because the technology is obselete and they can't support it anymore. I'm hoping they will replace it with something else. Everyone has a pic in front of those lights!

Who doesn't like dancing lisghts set to Christmas carols? Though the Waters do the same kind of thing, it's not the same.

Of course, these are the same people who don't have the Disney-Verizon app out yet on the newest phones. Go figure. :confused3

and where, oh where, can I get the bouncing Mickey Santa?!! It's adorable!!!

I will be happy to supply you with some Christmas decoration pics :goodvibes

I agree that I think it is foolish that they are blaming it on outdated technology! Hello - isn't that why rides get closed down - FOR REFURBISHMENTS? Ugh Disney... you're failing me!

There were a bunch of shows of Fantasmic added the following week when we're there and I'm hoping for the same = empty osbourne lights!!!

I also read that a couple of nights (not mine, Dec 7) MK has changed the time of Spectro from 7 to 9 and Wishes from 8 to 10... Best of luck with the empty Osborne Lights! :thumbsup2

After a fun-filled evening in DTD and/or Hollywood Studios, we are going to be pumped and ready for:

MAGIC KINGDOM!!!

December 7, 2009
Highlights: Pre-park breakfast! :cool1:
Meeting up with Nic & Erin for Spectro! :banana:
Seeing Madi's expression when she first sets eyes on that castle!!!

We've got an 8:20 ressie at Crystal Palace that I am SUPER excited for. First because it is a pre-park ressie so we can snap a photo op in front of the castle with nearly no one around!!! Second, of all the places I ate when I went in 2006, this one I was most fond of, enough so to remember to add it to this trip!

The plan form there is to head over to the Barbershop for Madi's first haircut! Complete with certificate and commemorative ears hat!

We planned Plaza lunch and Whispering Canyon Cafe, but realized we would be doing a lot of running around and not a lot of enjoying the park. So, we've dropped Plaza and are now doing WCC for a late (12:50) lunch and we'll counter service our dinner. The plan is to take the boat over to Wilderness Lodge and then back again. We may pop back over to CBR for a rest, but time will tell!

My plan is to take it leisurely, I know we will be spending a lot of time in Fantasyland and Mickey's Toontown, undecided if Shamus or I will get on either of the mountains... again, time will tell!

This night we will be meeting up with Nic & Erin for Spectro and I am really excited for this! Ready to strike a pose! :rotfl2:

Up next, Day Three - Epcot!

I agree with you about LOW. It's one of those things I was really looking forward to seeing this year, and am sad that it's gone.

Your plans for the MK look great. The haircut is going to be so cute!

After a fun-filled evening in DTD and/or Hollywood Studios, we are going to be pumped and ready for:

MAGIC KINGDOM!!!

December 7, 2009
Highlights: Pre-park breakfast! :cool1:
Meeting up with Nic & Erin for Spectro! :banana:
Seeing Madi's expression when she first sets eyes on that castle!!!

We've got an 8:20 ressie at Crystal Palace that I am SUPER excited for. First because it is a pre-park ressie so we can snap a photo op in front of the castle with nearly no one around!!! Second, of all the places I ate when I went in 2006, this one I was most fond of, enough so to remember to add it to this trip!

The plan form there is to head over to the Barbershop for Madi's first haircut! Complete with certificate and commemorative ears hat!

We planned Plaza lunch and Whispering Canyon Cafe, but realized we would be doing a lot of running around and not a lot of enjoying the park. So, we've dropped Plaza and are now doing WCC for a late (12:50) lunch and we'll counter service our dinner. The plan is to take the boat over to Wilderness Lodge and then back again. We may pop back over to CBR for a rest, but time will tell!

My plan is to take it leisurely, I know we will be spending a lot of time in Fantasyland and Mickey's Toontown, undecided if Shamus or I will get on either of the mountains... again, time will tell!

This night we will be meeting up with Nic & Erin for Spectro and I am really excited for this! Ready to strike a pose! :rotfl2:

Up next, Day Three - Epcot!

This sounds great! I'm super excited for your BEFORE PARK OPENING ADR!!! We have some BEAUTIFUL pics of the castle with NO ONE around because of having one last time. Your DD will be so cute when she sees the castle. Make sure to post us some pictures of this moment.:lovestruc

WOO HOO!!! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

This is the best day, right!?!?! I'm so glad to see that you ditched commando!! I know, it's so hard, but you'll have so much more time to enjoy Disney and the magic with Madi and Shamus!! I think a general plan and what you'd like to do is good enough!!

Would Shamus ride the mountains alone? I know, it's so much more fun with other people. I never got how people can go to Disney alone. I like having someone to share the magic with. Maybe if you end up getting the sitter service you can have an adult ride night!!

Yay for this day!!!! Crystal Palace breakfast looks great! Wego the next day!

I can't wait to hear all about the haircut! We were going to do that for Pooty, but never did. :sad2:

AND......woohoo for our little Spectro plan!!! I can't wait for our picture! Are our guys going to be making fun of us??!! LOL Let's get a whole group picture, too!!!

I agree with you about LOW. It's one of those things I was really looking forward to seeing this year, and am sad that it's gone.

Your plans for the MK look great. The haircut is going to be so cute!

I can not wait for the haircut!!!

This sounds great! I'm super excited for your BEFORE PARK OPENING ADR!!! We have some BEAUTIFUL pics of the castle with NO ONE around because of having one last time. Your DD will be so cute when she sees the castle. Make sure to post us some pictures of this moment.:lovestruc

There will be PLENTY of pics of her reaction to the castle, this I promise!!!

WOO HOO!!! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

This is the best day, right!?!?! I'm so glad to see that you ditched commando!! I know, it's so hard, but you'll have so much more time to enjoy Disney and the magic with Madi and Shamus!! I think a general plan and what you'd like to do is good enough!!

Would Shamus ride the mountains alone? I know, it's so much more fun with other people. I never got how people can go to Disney alone. I like having someone to share the magic with. Maybe if you end up getting the sitter service you can have an adult ride night!!

I don't know if either of us would ride alone, and I think we have ruled out the sitter service this time around - seeing as how it is Madi's first time, we want it to be all about family! :goodvibes

Yay for this day!!!! Crystal Palace breakfast looks great! We go the next day!

I can't wait to hear all about the haircut! We were going to do that for Pooty, but never did. :sad2:

AND......woohoo for our little Spectro plan!!! I can't wait for our picture! Are our guys going to be making fun of us??!! LOL Let's get a whole group picture, too!!!

The group shot sounds great! Good call Erin!

sounds like a great day! I like the idea of taking it as it comes...and both food choices are great...
:wave2:

It will be here before I know it and I am really looking forward to making it a fun vaca and not overly stressful!

I normally do all parks commando style...give me the map (and I always have it planned before we even leave) this past year with a 2.5 yr old (and rain), I did it as it came...I think that was the best approach for Ashton and less stressful for me...and how I talked Danny in to a return trip in 2010! :yay: (I will probably do a planned trip but not quite commando--if that makes sense)...

I can't believe it is almost time for ya'll to go!!! :yay: we were just talking last night if we should plan for the week before Thanksgiving or the week after...can't wait to hear all about it!
:wave2: :santa:

I normally do all parks commando style...give me the map (and I always have it planned before we even leave) this past year with a 2.5 yr old (and rain), I did it as it came...I think that was the best approach for Ashton and less stressful for me...and how I talked Danny in to a return trip in 2010! :yay: (I will probably do a planned trip but not quite commando--if that makes sense)...

I can't believe it is almost time for ya'll to go!!! :yay: we were just talking last night if we should plan for the week before Thanksgiving or the week after...can't wait to hear all about it!
:wave2: :santa:

You are the one I know will be patiently waiting in the wings for my TR!

Last night I am catching up on my PTR and came across someones (princess&her4princes) TR photos of a photo shoot at Grand Floridian. Now I know that Erin planned to do the photo shoot at AKL, but for some reason just hearing about it didn't make me think twice. But then when I saw the actual photos I thought twice and did a search. After going through 60 some odd pages of a Resort Photo Session thread and staying up much later then intended I think I have decided to do a Poly photo shoot. Now all I have to do is figure when... which day and which time. This is the one surprise I will keep a surprise from Shamus - wish me luck! Off to find a day/time!

Be back later for a Day 3 run-down!

UPDATE @ 2:05PM - We will do our photo session at the Polynesian at 4:00 on Dec 10 - PARTY NIGHT!!! Thsi made the most sense. We will be at HS for the morning, head back to CBR for a nap and photo session prep, 4:00 Poly photo session, PARTY like it's MVMCP from there!
:thumbsup2

Glad you looked into the photo session...it is a great opportunity to get some great family shots. Make a list of certain ones that you want and bring it with you! The Poly looks like a great location too! I thought about doing it there, but did it at AKL out of convenience since we will be there anyway.

love WCC and CP!! we are doing both as well!!

can't wait to see your photos from your photoshoot. My sister's boss gifted her one for our trip. So they are doing family photos at the WL on our trip. DH hates having his pic taken, so asking him to pose for photopass will be enough without an actual photoshoot! :rotfl2::confused3:rotfl: i bet they turn out fabulous though!

The photo shoot on Party Night does make sense--gives you time to get it done and then you all are right there.

I can't believe how close you are!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter