I think this may be a great DVC perk...

Cora

Constantly in trip planning mode...I want to go aw
We just got back from 3 nites at at the Hard Rock at Universal and 4 nites at BWV. Having experienced Front of the Line at Univeral I thought it would be a great perk for DVC.

So I'm going to write a letter to DVC and suggest you just flash your key with DVC. No need to get an actual fastpass.

What do you think?

Cora, I like your style! I think flashing your card would be a wonderful perk! Since I REALLY hate the fastpass system that they have now, when you can only get two passes in a 4 hour period, I can't see much of an advantage, except if you have a fastpass for a really busy ride. Flashing the DVC card would be COOL!:bounce:

But if you think people consider us DVCers to be "elitist snobs" now, this would pretty much push them over the edge!

Like I said though, it would be cool!

The other thing I thought it would be a nice perk to people who have annual passes.
Cora

My DH and I were just discussing that same idea. Either as a DVC perk or as a deluxe/home away from home perk. It would be a nice little bonus for DVCers and it would be an incentive to others to try a deluxe resort.

I think it sounds great in theory, but not very realistic. We stayed at Portofino last November, and loved the FOTL access, but I hear that it's slower now that Hard Rock Hotel is open with all the additional on-site guests.

Look at the number of people that Disney would have staying at all the DVC resorts...now OKW, BWV, and VWL, but shortly BCV and then EPV. Add the deluxe resorts, and those numbers multiply. And I can just see the issues with DVCers not staying on points at a DVC resort. Add APs, and no one would purchase any other kinds of tickets with the added advantage of FOTL with an AP.

WDW has the early entry advantage for on-site guests, without discriminating against those who stay at lower priced resorts; they treat their on-site guests equally as far as park entrance and perks. Although I've always stayed at a deluxe resort, and now own DVC, I'd hate to see a class system instituted.

I'd take this OVER a new discount that was talked about in another thread.
It would definitely be worth full admission.
Disney wouldn't loose a dime from us not going into the parks and us true blue WDW nuts would have more free time in the parks (not waiting on lines) to shop, eat, etc.

I was just at Univ last week, granted it is a slow time now, however with both Portofino and Hard Rock there was not much of a wait with FOTL.

If you look at all the DVC resorts together and assume everyone is going at the same time it does sound daunting. But what you need to do is look at times people spend at a park and divide that by 4 parks. Example of this is we're early morning people. We generally get to the parks early and can't understand all those people who are just entering at Noon when we are leaving. I don't know...something to ponder.
Cora

No problem with the snob part, just show me to the front of the line. What about a discount if you buy your passes ahead, in specific AP. We are currenlty members of RCI and you can pay your annual dues 1, 3 or 5 years at a time. There is obviously a discount if you buy 3 or 5 years. What about the same for AP, if you buy 2 years you get a 10% discount, 3 years 15% or 20% and 5 years maybe 25% or 30% (I haven't really sat down with a calculator to figure interest rates etc to find the break even point but you get my jist). After all Disney is offering you a discount to prepay your vacations for 42 years and then investing that money to get a return. why not pay for passes up front and then Disney could in turn invest that money?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter