Idalia

That area looks to have lucked out. Had this one hit that area it would have been devastating. In looking at the satellite, the area where it will make landfall looks to be fairly sparsely populated, for Florida anyway. But that cedar key will be wiped out.
St Pete actually hasn't lucked out completely, the storm surge flooded several neighborhoods, and when the tide came in this afternoon first responders had to rescue some residents. My DS lives a little bit north of downtown on high ground; he said the wind wasn't all that bad, but he's stuck at home for the moment because, though his neighborhood is dry, there is high water within a mile in every direction this evening. However, the Sunshine Skyway and the bridges to the barrier islands all reopened at 5 pm Wednesday, and all schools should reopen tomorrow; the rain has stopped and the high water is now receding pretty quickly in low-lying areas now that the tide is going back out.

Last edited:
St Pete actually hasn't lucked out completely, the storm surge flooded several neighborhoods, and when the tide came in this afternoon first responders had to rescue some residents. My DS lives a little bit north of downtown on high ground; he said the wind wasn't all that bad, but he's stuck at home for the moment because, though his neighborhood is dry, there is high water within a mile in every direction this evening. However, the Sunshine Skyway and the bridges to the barrier islands all reopened at 5 pm Wednesday, and all schools should reopen tomorrow; the rain has stopped and the high water is now receding pretty quickly in low-lying areas now that the tide is going back out.

I was just looking at some photos....so much water. Glad your DS is ok.

Our son is a lineman and his crew headed down today. They are overnighting in Georgia to they see where they are needed. If you pray, please pray for them as they head towards what some people are evading.💙

His crew has been safe. They are in northern Florida and have started repairs already. Please continue to remember them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter