If you could change 1 thing!

That gives me nightmares of people waiting in line for 8 hours to get into Be Our Guest or Cinderella's Royal table - to me that sounds like a disaster, but I recognize I am a planner
I literally thought the same thing.

A lot of the restaurants I like on property, I can manage to get a reservation within a week of going. So, I'm fine with the ADR system. If I can't get into some restaurants, then i just save them for my next trip when I am able to plan it a little further out.

I literally thought the same thing.

A lot of the restaurants I like on property, I can manage to get a reservation within a week of going. So, I'm fine with the ADR system. If I can't get into some restaurants, then i just save them for my next trip when I am able to plan it a little further out.

I could see tweaking the system - maybe holding some ADRs for day-of only or even holding some seats for walk up only as I do know a lot of people don't plan trips 60 days (let alone 180) out so hard to get the "hard to get" ADRs so would be nice if they had that option even if it meant waiting a bit. (heck, I would be ok reducing the window - 60 days should be sufficient rather than 180 days)

But totally getting rid of them I think would be a bit much - but who knows, maybe it would work

I could see tweaking the system - maybe holding some ADRs for day-of only or even holding some seats for walk up only as I do know a lot of people don't plan trips 60 days (let alone 180) out so hard to get the "hard to get" ADRs so would be nice if they had that option even if it meant waiting a bit. (heck, I would be ok reducing the window - 60 days should be sufficient rather than 180 days)

But totally getting rid of them I think would be a bit much - but who knows, maybe it would work
Oh no...What strategy should I do? Get my fastpasses or get a Be Our Guest reservation first?! (I can see those posts on the boards now)

Disneyland does 60 days for restaurants, but they have a lot less options. I think Disneyland Resort Hotel guests also have an option for 90 days out, but I can be wrong.

Oh no...What strategy should I do? Get my fastpasses or get a Be Our Guest reservation first?! (I can see those posts on the boards now)

Disneyland does 60 days for restaurants, but they have a lot less options. I think Disneyland Resort Hotel guests also have an option for 90 days out, but I can be wrong.

ok, then 65 days or whatever ... or make ADRs 60 days and FP 30 days :D

I know when I planned my Disneyland trip it seemed a bit inconsistent as some restaurants didn't open up their reservation system until park hours were set which sometimes was only like 45 days out

Adventurer’s Club. Bring it back. No question.
@Tonyz Wasn't a huge fan myself - I could only take it in small doses. But I do know, and viscerally felt, and still feel - how much many friends of mine enjoyed it, and enjoyed them enjoying it, if that makes sense. And I want that for you, and for @TheMaxRebo - both friends of mine, who I KNOW loved that place, and really miss it, and all that it meant.

I will also say that no matter how "cool/neat/fun/however you want to name it - the night time entertainment is at say the Boardwalk, or Disney Springs,or Riverside, or anyplace else that has night time entertainment is - nothing even comes CLOSE to the absolute sense of excitement and enjoyment I used to feel heading to Pleasure Island - usually EVERY SINGLE NIGHT of a sometimes-2 week vacation. The only things I've seen come close to that - IMHO - are the Edison, and that new Hideaway Place. Which - from what I've seen and heard - "borrow" heavily from Pleasure Island, and the Adventurer's Club itself. And they hardly even TOUCH the feelings/memories I'm talking about.

Do away with the ADR system completely. First come, first serve.

I don't know about doing away with it completely. The 180-day thing is ludicrous, though. It should be 60 to coincide with FP+ reservations.

Last edited:
@Tonyz Wasn't a huge fan myself - I could only take it in small doses. But I do know, and viscerally felt, and still feel - how much many friends of mine enjoyed it, and enjoyed them enjoying it, if that makes sense. And I want that for you, and for @TheMaxRebo - both friends of mine, who I KNOW loved that place, and really miss it, and all that it meant.

I will also say that no matter how "cool/neat/fun/however you want to name it - the night time entertainment is at say the Boardwalk, or Disney Springs,or Riverside, or anyplace else that has night time entertainment is - nothing even comes CLOSE to the absolute sense of excitement and enjoyment I used to feel heading to Pleasure Island - usually EVERY SINGLE NIGHT of a sometimes-2 week vacation. The only things I've seen come close to that - IMHO - are the Edison, and that new Hideaway Place. Which - from what I've seen and heard - "borrow" heavily from Pleasure Island, and the Adventurer's Club itself. And they hardly even TOUCH the feelings/memories I'm talking about.

I didn't get to experience Pleasure Island that many times but absolutely loved it the times we did get to be there - and that did include the Adventurer's club (though I know it wasn't for everyone - but that was the good thing about Pleasure Island, they had a lot of variety)

as and FYI - the Edison sits where the Adventurer's Club was and I've seen some even comment that it feels like the same space just with some (a lot) of the walls removed. Definitely glad to see something like it open and want to give it a shot. The Hideaway looks really cool!. Just watched Tim Trackers video on it and he found out the Hideaway and the Edison share bathrooms so there is sort of a tunnel connecting the two buildings which, to me, seems really cool!

In terms of WDW, there is only one thing I would change. I know a lot of people might not be happy with this answer, but my answer is...Fantasmic. It's a good show. It is just so dated that it is desperately in need of an update. It really needs to be refreshed somehow.

I would have chosen some of the rides, but the rides that I don't necessarily like are rumored to be updated soon.
As long as they KEEP the Sorcerer!!!! (Said in my bestest whiney, plaintive voice!!!) :o:scared:

Bring back the cheese sauce to Cosmic Ray's! (kidding on that one)

I'd bring back a nighttime parade to Magic Kingdom.
Agree, and like the night time parade idea @ MK. Also MISS (and would love to see!) another nigh ttime parade @ Epcot - and I think the whole walkways system there is SO set up for that!

Last edited:
but that was the good thing about Pleasure Island, they had a lot of variety

::yes::::yes::::yes::

SO agree - while I would pop in/out of the AC several times each night, I'd spend most of my time split between the Jazz or Rock 'n Roll Beach Club, sometimes Mannequins, 8 Trax, BET Club, and the Comedy Club, or even just "hanging out on the streets", listening to the FunMeister (DJ), enjoying a drink, people watching, or watching the stage show. Then I'd go back to visit all the friends I knew would open/close the AC each and every night. But all of us entertained, and happy, however diversified our tastes were! :)

My one change...all the pools and hot tubs at all the resorts need to remain open 24/7 (closing only briefly during the middle of the night for cleaning/maintenance).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter