If You See It: Eat It! Via Panama to Disneyland - Completed and Link to New Trip Report 2/24

This day we were not going to visit a park. We had had three days in a row at the theme parks. We had always planned from the beginning, to have days when we would do other stuff in the area and not go to a Disney park. Therefore we had only gotten 4-day tickets. Now, the first day was free, so we got a fifth day in the parks. But overall, I thought that 4 days were fine. Or would have been fine if there had not been that 24-hours day at the end of the week…

So, we ventured out of Anaheim and drove through LA:

DSC04730.jpg

Not just for the fun of driving, we had somewhere to go to. The plan for today was to meet up again with Michael’s friend who works at Disney during his lunch break – for a very special shopping excursion! Kind of on the other side of Los Angeles from Anaheim is a place called Glendale. It is kind of the neighbouring town to another place called Burbank. Burbank is where The Walt Disney Studios are at home. But Glendale is where another division of The Walt Disney Company is located: Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI). Those are the guys who come up with the ideas for the theme parks and make their imagination into reality. As much as I would have loved to meet up with some of those people, that’s not what we did. Our purpose was a shop. WDI has their own “souvenir” shop, it is called Mickey’s of Glendale. You can buy all kind of merchandise with WDI on it, special pins, t-shirts, mugs, etc. Well, you can buy if you manage to get into the shop. It is only open to CMs (I think all CMs working for Disney, not necessarily only WDI CMs) AND their guests. So, Michael’s friend was able to bring us along.

We made it to Glendale with a lot of time to spare, so found a local Starbucks, had coffee in the sun, chatted and I remember that I was desperately trying to catch up with trip notes. We had been so much on the go over the last days that I was really struggling to keep up with my notes! I think I am much better at writing cruise trip reports as compared to theme park trip reports as during cruises you have much more time for not taking! This last trip Michael kept telling me that I should just dictate my notes and I am considering trying that. But then I find it easier to have written notes when I write the trip report… And I really don’t want to first transcribe everything I have dictated!!

After some time Michael’s friend met us at the parking lot of the Starbucks and collected us to drive over to WDI. When you enter it, it is just a rather industrial looking place. Nothing special at all. Just like the backside of WDW does not look nearly as magical as the approach by ferry from the TTC to the Magic Kingdom. Once parked, we walked over to where Mickey’s of Glendale was and there it looked far nicer! There was a really nice looking cafeteria, a little park and some neat exhibits!

DSC04740.jpg

You can see the cafeteria chairs on the left and Mickey’s of Glendale is in the back. In the front you can see one gondola from the old Skyride at Disneyland and one “cart” (not sure how you would call it – waggon?) from the Disneyland Peoplemover!

DSC04735.jpg

DSC04734.jpg

I loved seeing it, but was also so sad that this is one attraction that I will never be able to ride again. I really loved it when we went on it in 1992. The track is still there at DL, there are constant rumours about it going to be removed though. Especially at the Tomorrowland entrance it is creating quite a bottleneck! At some point in the 90s they tried to transform the rather slow Peoplemover into a more thrilling ride called Rocket Rods. It did not work at all for technical reasons (I think the issue was that they were trying to save money and did not add banked curves). Since then, the track is just standing there in Tomorrowland, empty and reminding everyone that there once was a wonderful Peoplemover!

There was also a little statue of Sorcerer Mickey:

DSC04732-Arbeitskopie2.jpg

I liked this signpost:

DSC04737.jpg

(However, I think someone played with the direction. No way is Castaway Cay the same direction from Anaheim as Aulani! Unless you go the long way around the globe…)

They had some really nice banners up in this park area:

DSC04741.jpg

We did spend quite some time in the shop and I bought some souvenirs for myself as well as for my sister and my brother in law. I could have spent a lot of money there! And the good thing was that the stuff was quite a bit less than the same items would have been in the parks. I guess these were already “employee prices”. Unfortunately there were no interesting t-shirts for women, so I ended up getting a regular t-shirt with a really cool design. But it does look odd on me (I am just not good with the boxy t-shirts…).

After a short visit with Michael’s friend he had to head back to work, but we went in search of lunch and ended up at a place kind of down the road.

DSC04747.jpg

We both got sandwiches:

DSC04742.jpg

This is Michael’s, I think it was a club sandwich. He chose vegetable chips as his side.

I had a BLT:

DSC04743.jpg

Nothing fancy, but we had had enough fancy food during the cruise. We also got dessert. Michael had ice cream that was served between two wafers like an ice cream sandwich:

DSC04745.jpg

And I had a red velvet cupcake:

DSC04746.jpg

I had always been intrigued by red velvet cake. We don’t have it here and therefore I always had wanted to try it. I have had it a few times now and while I think it sounds really great, I have not yet found one that was amazing. So I think I will have just come to terms with the fact that this is not going to be one of my favourite types of cake!

We decided to drive through Griffith Park from there and stopped at the Autry National Center:

DSC04751.jpg

I had read about it in my guide book, but never thought it sounded interesting. We stopped because there was a poster that they had an exhibition about Route 66. It turned out that 1) the exhibition was not yet open and 2) the museum was about to close for the day anyway. So we just walked around a bit and checked out the shop. They had an amazing shop with all kind of “American” souvenirs. I could have spent a lot of money there. We really liked what we saw of the museum and decided that next time we are in the area, we will make a point of getting there early enough to actually look at the exhibits!

DSC04752.jpg

DSC04750.jpg

The next stop in Griffith Park was the famous Carousel:

DSC04753.jpg

Yes, closed as well. This is the place where Walt Disney sat on a park bench, eating peanuts and watching his daughters ride the Carousel when he thought that it would be nice if there were a place where parents and kids can ride attractions together and have fun. Well, he went on to built that place.

We also stopped at the Ranger Station:

DSC04754.jpg

There was an exhibition about the history of Griffith Park which we checked out. It was not big, but quite interesting.

And on the walls outside was this art that was telling the history of the area:

DSC04755.jpg

After driving around Griffith Park for a bit longer, we decided to head to the beach – passing the skyline of LA:

DSC04759.jpg

Continued in Part 2

We went to Manhattan Beach:

DSC04762.jpg

DSC04764.jpg

DSC04765.jpg

DSC04774.jpg

We walked along the beach in the wonderful evening sun for quite a bit (until I was getting cold, it was not warm and it was very windy!):

DSC04766.jpg

DSC04768.jpg

DSC04778.jpg

Manhattan Beach also had a few really nice looking shops! But I was getting hungry and demanded food and we went to a place called “The Kettle”:

DSC04761.jpg

I ordered some kind of salad that was delicious! It came with a muffin. I read this on the menu and expected this to be a non-sweet muffin. But I got a delicious and big orange muffin that was rather sweet. Not sure why they serve cake with salads, but I liked it. I only had half of it with my salad, the other half went back home with me and was a perfect breakfast the next morning!

DSC04781.jpg

And this was my salad:

DSC04783.jpg

It was great! And it had half an avocado on top (hidden under the parsley).

Michael had a vegetable sandwich:

DSC04784.jpg

After our delicious dinner it was time to drive back to Anaheim. There we went for a bit of a walk through Downtown Disney – looking at the DtD Starbucks (supposedly the largest Starbucks in the USA):

DSC04785.jpg

We also checked out the World of Disney store there. And then ventured over to the Disneyland Hotel. This is the front desk:

DSC04787.jpg

There is a map of Disneyland that has some “magic” going on. Sorry for the blurry picture!

DSC04788.jpg

And then it was time to head back to our resort. This is the entrance walk way from Downtown Disney:

DSC04789.jpg

Up Next: Big Thunder Mountain really likes us!! Part 1 Part 2

Wow! A lot of updates have gone by where I haven't commented.

Michael's friend is very well connected. I'm glad that you were able to visit 1901, The times that I've been there, it has been very nice and relaxing.

I agree that trying to exit the park after WoC can be quite a ordeal. It is good that you didn't have to go all the way to the front gate.

I'm glad you enjoyed your In-N-Out burger, do you remember if you got the Double Double or the regular Cheeseburger?

You snuck in another update while I was composing my reply! How cool that you got to go to WDI, AND you were able to take pictures! On my visit there, we were advised that photography was not allowed whatsoever. We did come home with quite a bit of nice loot that day.

That little café in Glendale looks interesting. I'm going to put that on the list I keep in my phone of places where I want to eat. I've never actually got out of the car at Griffith Park except at the Zoo or Observatory. We've driven through it a number of times and every Tuesday night we drive past it on our way to Band practice. We had really wanted to see that Route 66 Exhibition while it was there, but unfortunately, we never made it.

That was a Cobb Salad you had for dinner that night. It's my favorite "Meal Salad" since it has bacon, eggs and Blue Cheese! That looked like a very tasty one.

You really had a lot going on that day! Shopping, beach ...... and all looked like a LOT of fun.

I am with you when it comes to the red velvet cake. Tried it several times, but can't understand what all the fuzz is about. :confused3

The Redwood Creek Challenge area is really neat! You can just wander through in your own time. I like places like that, I am really sad that we did not make it over to Tom Sawyer Island at DL (I think it is a pirate themed area now?).

We literally RAN through Tom Sawyers Island. We had 10 minutes as we were the last raft over and were warned to be be back or be left. :rotfl2:

Of course as soon as the raft left, there was a couple who appeared but they waited with the CMs who hopefully were sweeping the area for anyone looking to spend the night on the island. :lmao:

When you find a Great Red Velvet cake you will enjoy it. Until then you may have to try a whole lot of meh Red Velvet. ;)

I understand about the TR notes being easier on the cruise than during a parks trip. Although my current TR is the only one I've ever written, the cruise was much easier to document than our park day.

Looks like you guys had a really interesting day! I think I need a friend who works for Disneyland.:rotfl:

I also agree with you on the Red Velvet cake. It's okay, but definitely not my favorite.

Cake with salad - what a great idea!:thumbsup2

Thanks for the tour of LA. There are a number of places I have visited there, but you hit all new ones for me. It was a very interesting journey you had that day, with the shopping, sightseeing and food. :thumbsup2

Red velvet cake has two possible types of icing, and most don't go to the trouble of making the more difficult and better one, and I agree it is really easy to get some that aren't so great. Actually, I have seen something advertised as Red Velvet cake that I looked at and went :confused3

I have my Mom's recipe, including the recipe for both different icings. Red velvet is Jonathan's favorite cake, so maybe I will practice up and bring you some really good red velvet cake the next time we both plan to be at WDW again. :goodvibes Hopefully it won't disappoint and be a suitable substitute for seven-layer bars. :rolleyes1

Very interesting day Magdalene!! I did not know about the Carroussel that gave Walt the idea for Disneyland. Sounds like you hit some very good shops !!!

What a cool non-park day! You are so lucky to have the DL connection so you could go to Mickey's of Glendale and WDI!

I want to go back to Griffith Park some of these days. Last spring I managed to happen upon Walt's train barn which on the other side of the park from the Hollywood sign and the Observatory.

Jill in CO

I'm terrible with taking notes while we're in the theme parks, hence the reason I still haven't written my first TR!

That was nice of Michael's friend to take you to the Mickey's shop, looked great just from the outside!

Seemed like a really good way to spend a non park day :)

What an AMAZING day you had! Oh what I'd give to spend a day in Burbank (the cousin from the picture I shared on my TR and PTR, Carol) lives there (has all her life. It was her son who was the animator that I shared his originals I inherited... Carol is was his mom.

Anywhooo.... I spent MUCH of my young childhood in the Glendale/ Pasadena area and many, MANY trips to DLR. What a neat day to spend touring around places that are like a second home to me. :goodvibes:goodvibes

Burbank is where The Walt Disney Studios are at home. But Glendale is where another division of The Walt Disney Company is located: Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI). Those are the guys who come up with the ideas for the theme parks and make their imagination into reality. As much as I would have loved to meet up with some of those people, that’s not what we did. Our purpose was a shop. WDI has their own “souvenir” shop, it is called Mickey’s of Glendale. You can buy all kind of merchandise with WDI on it, special pins, t-shirts, mugs, etc. Well, you can buy if you manage to get into the shop. It is only open to CMs (I think all CMs working for Disney, not necessarily only WDI CMs) AND their guests. So, Michael’s friend was able to bring us along.

Fantastic! Being an Imagineer is still my dream job. Please promise me you'll shop for me if you ever get the chance to go back! I'm good for the money, I promise. :thumbsup2

Just like the backside of WDW does not look nearly as magical as the approach by ferry from the TTC to the Magic Kingdom.

But does it look like the back side of water?:confused3

In the front you can see one gondola from the old Skyride at Disneyland and one “cart” (not sure how you would call it – waggon?) from the Disneyland Peoplemover!

Cool...:thumbsup2

I liked this signpost:

DSC04737.jpg

(However, I think someone played with the direction. No way is Castaway Cay the same direction from Anaheim as Aulani! Unless you go the long way around the globe…)

Yeah, I'm thinking someone needs to give that Castaway Cay sign a spin. I love the little Disney reminders, though.

We did spend quite some time in the shop and I bought some souvenirs for myself as well as for my sister and my brother in law. I could have spent a lot of money there! And the good thing was that the stuff was quite a bit less than the same items would have been in the parks. I guess these were already “employee prices”.

Even better! I'm about ready to mail you my credit card for the next visit.:rotfl2:

I had always been intrigued by red velvet cake. We don’t have it here and therefore I always had wanted to try it. I have had it a few times now and while I think it sounds really great, I have not yet found one that was amazing. So I think I will have just come to terms with the fact that this is not going to be one of my favourite types of cake!

I still think all cake tastes relatively the same. Which is why I love pies!

Yes, closed as well. This is the place where Walt Disney sat on a park bench, eating peanuts and watching his daughters ride the Carousel when he thought that it would be nice if there were a place where parents and kids can ride attractions together and have fun. Well, he went on to built that place.

I think I heard about that somewhere...:scratchin

We walked along the beach in the wonderful evening sun for quite a bit (until I was getting cold, it was not warm and it was very windy!):

I'm glad you were able to get to the Pacific coast. You're a long way from home!

I ordered some kind of salad that was delicious! It came with a muffin. I read this on the menu and expected this to be a non-sweet muffin. But I got a delicious and big orange muffin that was rather sweet. Not sure why they serve cake with salads, but I liked it. I only had half of it with my salad, the other half went back home with me and was a perfect breakfast the next morning!

Looks good. I'd be happy if they served cake instead of salad.

I am thoroughly enjoying reading your trip report. You do a great job of including helpful information, some of which I'm logging for our upcoming cruise. I've been reading your TR over the past couple days so pardon me if I ask something you've already discussed -- or since I'm only midway through, maybe it's yet to come.

First, your English is excellent. (So if you've already said you're either a Boston native or German born I missed it.)

Easiest question, what does "All Fast" mean?

Second question, how did you like having an inside stateroom for two weeks? Sometimes I wonder if I would feel claustrophobic and then I remind myself that my son went from the US to France in a submarine and he survived. I am ready to do more cruising and know that more would fit in the budget if we gave up the verandah.

Finally, you were out and about by yourself a lot on the cruise. I know it's a subjective question, but how solo friendly do you think cruising is? I went to Disneyland Paris solo (and hadn't even gotten out of the airport when I realized my high school French was very rusty) and I've done Disneyland solo and LOVE Disney World solo, but I'm not sure about a cruise. I can't see paying for two if my husband isn't really interested. I'm starting to think I want to do the Panama Canal solo.

I know you're busy, but if you have time I'm interested in your thoughts.

I somehow fell very much behind. Too much stuff going on right now... So I'll take it step by step to comment, as I'm not sure how many updates I'll manage before I should do some real work...

I had a lovely cocktail with a candied pansy;

I'm much more intrigued by the candied pansy than by the ise sphere... Did you eat it?

We had a lovely break at the lounge – it was great to be somewhere fairly quiet and just enjoy chatting with lovely people.

It looks like a great place! How lucky for you to have such friends!

But then it was time to head out again. We went on Tower of Terror first. This is different from WDW, but the same as DLP. I think I like it the least however. For whatever reason I think the French dialogue just goes so well with the whole Tower of Terror theme (I know it is ridiculous as it is set in Hollywood. But I just love the way the French voice sounds so creepy!) and the DLP CM on ToT have always been really excellent to me.

I totally agree with you, it is mysbe the only attraction at DLP that ist not original to the park where I don't mind the French narator. I guess, not understanding everything you're told makes it a little more creepy :)

The ride itself was wonderful as always. It was also a very clean film. This is something that started to bother me at Epcot: that there was always dirt on the film. I have read since that while at DCA they built a clean room for the projectors, they did not at Epcot. Hence, Epcot has far more of a dust problem. But since both attractions are going to go digital soon, it should no longer be a problem!

Okay, I really have to go to Disneyland! We were so dissapointed the last time by the dirt.

After the fireworks we headed into DL and rode the Matterhorn again with the single rider line, then visited the Haunted Mansion and went on Pinocchio and Snow White. It was a great end to the day and by that time I was feeling very good again, headache and nausea were gone!

It was late by the time we got back to the room and I just fell into bed…

No wonder, you were exhausted, you did lots of stuff, even though you had your headache and rest! But I guess you relaxed long enough on the ship...

All caught up again.

This sounds like a wonderful trip and a good reason for getting behind on this trip report. I can't wait to read all about it.

I am so glad that we decided to skip breakfast and asked for early debarkation. At least we avoided the bulk of this craziness. By the time you cleared the car hire place, I was already at Seaworld.

I think we had that same studio during our very first stay at the Grand Californian. I think I would have had a field day at that Cast Member shop.

No, I have not started the trip report for our most recent trip yet. I actually have not been on here for over a month. Somehow reality got the better of me. I have not even started to download the photos. I am now off work until Wednesday though. The plan is to get caught up on the threads I am following today and tomorrow, start downloading the photos on Monday and Tuesday and then hopefully post the first day of the trip report on Thursday.

How nice that you got a bonus day at Disneyland. I had no idea that Matterhorn had a single rider line. I usually head to the parks by myself and could make good use of this. That was a bit of luck that you were right there when Big Thunder Mountain reopened. Like you, I still think the one in Paris has the edge, but I also love this one. I am amazed how much you got done, especially considering that it was a busy day and you got there relatively late.

I love the Pacific Wharf Café. Unfortunately they no longer do my favourite, which was the corn chowder and I agree about the size of the bread bowls.

What a shame that Radiator Springs Racers had broken down. I usually walk down the street of Radiator Springs and then leave by the back entrance.

How lucky that you got to visit the 1901 lounge. I had that pleasure in 2013, but on my recent trip I got to go somewhere that is even nicer.

What a shame that you felt unwell. The special seating for the fireworks sounds amazing. I have yet to see Carsland all lit up. This has to go on the to do list for next time.

I am glad that you finally got to ride Radiator Springs Racers. Lunch looked delicious. The parade looks really cute. I have yet to see that. I am glad that you enjoyed World of Color. This is my favourite Disney show.

I have never tried In n Out Burger, but I am a huge fun of Five Guys and fortunately we now have one of those in Manchester.

How nice that you got to visit a second special shop. Did you know that Walt Disney's final resting place is also in Glendale? We paid our respects in 2011.

We made the same mistake and went to Griffith Park on a Monday and found everything closed.

Corinna

I'm still here! But several (okay, many) chapters behind. :guilty: I just got through your Panama Canal crossing chapters. Very cool! I didn't know that it wasn't narrow the whole way through either. Good to know!

Wow! A lot of updates have gone by where I haven't commented.

Michael's friend is very well connected. I'm glad that you were able to visit 1901, The times that I've been there, it has been very nice and relaxing.

I agree that trying to exit the park after WoC can be quite a ordeal. It is good that you didn't have to go all the way to the front gate.

I'm glad you enjoyed your In-N-Out burger, do you remember if you got the Double Double or the regular Cheeseburger?

You snuck in another update while I was composing my reply! How cool that you got to go to WDI, AND you were able to take pictures! On my visit there, we were advised that photography was not allowed whatsoever. We did come home with quite a bit of nice loot that day.

That little café in Glendale looks interesting. I'm going to put that on the list I keep in my phone of places where I want to eat. I've never actually got out of the car at Griffith Park except at the Zoo or Observatory. We've driven through it a number of times and every Tuesday night we drive past it on our way to Band practice. We had really wanted to see that Route 66 Exhibition while it was there, but unfortunately, we never made it.

That was a Cobb Salad you had for dinner that night. It's my favorite "Meal Salad" since it has bacon, eggs and Blue Cheese! That looked like a very tasty one.

The WoC crowds are really kind of crazy. And the show is so far back in the park that makes it even worse.

I have no idea what kind of burger I got!! I know that it has cheese and that I got the sauce. Michael ordered his without sauce, but I loved the sauce.

I was a bit cautious about taking pictures at WDI at first. But there was no sign saying that you weren't allowed to take them and people saw me taking pictures and did not say anything. :confused3 I guess it is one of those inconsistent picture rules - like with Walt's apartment.

It is funny to think that I was kind of in your area! I really want to get to the observatory the next time I am in California. That was on my list of things to do on my first visit to LA. But that day the beach won out.

And I think you are right about it being a Cobb Salad. I think I ordered it because of the avocado and the blue cheese - both are things that I love! It was an excellent salad!

You really had a lot going on that day! Shopping, beach ...... and all looked like a LOT of fun.

I am with you when it comes to the red velvet cake. Tried it several times, but can't understand what all the fuzz is about. :confused3

It was really nice to have a little bit of a Disney break after so many theme park days in a row!

I wonder whether there are Americans who think the same way as we think about red velvet cake about Zwetschgendatschi???

We literally RAN through Tom Sawyers Island. We had 10 minutes as we were the last raft over and were warned to be be back or be left. :rotfl2:

Of course as soon as the raft left, there was a couple who appeared but they waited with the CMs who hopefully were sweeping the area for anyone looking to spend the night on the island. :lmao:

When you find a Great Red Velvet cake you will enjoy it. Until then you may have to try a whole lot of meh Red Velvet. ;)

I would not want to be stranded on TSI!!! :crazy2: Who knows what lives there during the night!!

Any recommendations as to where to find a GREAT red velvet cake??

I understand about the TR notes being easier on the cruise than during a parks trip. Although my current TR is the only one I've ever written, the cruise was much easier to document than our park day.

Looks like you guys had a really interesting day! I think I need a friend who works for Disneyland.:rotfl:

I also agree with you on the Red Velvet cake. It's okay, but definitely not my favorite.

Cake with salad - what a great idea!:thumbsup2

I think the cruise is also more structured and there are not a million options of what you could do, so it is easier to remember as well.

I felt very privileged that we were able to go to Mickey's of Glendale. I never really expected it.

Good to hear that red velvet cake is not considered great by every American! Makes me feel less like a failure. ;)

And the muffin with the salad was interesting! But it already took care of dessert.

It was really nice to have a little bit of a Disney break after so many theme park days in a row!

I wonder whether there are Americans who think the same way as we think about red velvet cake about Zwetschgendatschi???

:love: :love: :love:

Thanks for the tour of LA. There are a number of places I have visited there, but you hit all new ones for me. It was a very interesting journey you had that day, with the shopping, sightseeing and food. :thumbsup2

Red velvet cake has two possible types of icing, and most don't go to the trouble of making the more difficult and better one, and I agree it is really easy to get some that aren't so great. Actually, I have seen something advertised as Red Velvet cake that I looked at and went :confused3

I have my Mom's recipe, including the recipe for both different icings. Red velvet is Jonathan's favorite cake, so maybe I will practice up and bring you some really good red velvet cake the next time we both plan to be at WDW again. :goodvibes Hopefully it won't disappoint and be a suitable substitute for seven-layer bars. :rolleyes1

Before my first visit to LA I was not at all interested in the city. But the friend I travelled to California with in 2005 insisted that we at least stop there briefly and I really came to love it! It is so different from any European city by being such a huge big urban area that is so spread out. But I find just that fascinating. And the weather is pretty nice, too...

Interesting about the red velvet cake! I actually have a recipe and that calls for cream cheese icing just like on a carrot cake. Is that the correct icing? And I would love to try your red velvet cake! Those seven-layer-bars were delicious!

Very interesting day Magdalene!! I did not know about the Carroussel that gave Walt the idea for Disneyland. Sounds like you hit some very good shops !!!

It was a great day! And I love the carousel story as it shows how Disneyland was really meant to be for everyone - and not just a place for kids!

What a cool non-park day! You are so lucky to have the DL connection so you could go to Mickey's of Glendale and WDI!

I want to go back to Griffith Park some of these days. Last spring I managed to happen upon Walt's train barn which on the other side of the park from the Hollywood sign and the Observatory.

Jill in CO

I was so excited when Michael told me that we would be able to go there! :goodvibes

We picked up a leaflet for the train barn at the GC but since I knew that it would be closed when we were there during the week, we did not even bother to try to go there. But I would love to go there one time!

I'm terrible with taking notes while we're in the theme parks, hence the reason I still haven't written my first TR!

That was nice of Michael's friend to take you to the Mickey's shop, looked great just from the outside!

Seemed like a really good way to spend a non park day :)

When I am taking notes, I usually do that during down times. In the evening, when we are waiting for our food etc.

And it was a lovely day!

What an AMAZING day you had! Oh what I'd give to spend a day in Burbank (the cousin from the picture I shared on my TR and PTR, Carol) lives there (has all her life. It was her son who was the animator that I shared his originals I inherited... Carol is was his mom.

Anywhooo.... I spent MUCH of my young childhood in the Glendale/ Pasadena area and many, MANY trips to DLR. What a neat day to spend touring around places that are like a second home to me. :goodvibes:goodvibes

How funny that this is where you were at home!! I guess it is not necessarily the area where a lot of tourists come, unless they are there to visit some of the studios. In 2005 we went on the tour at the Warner Brother Studios which I think is in Burbank?

And I think you will love my next update for nostalgic reasons as well, if I remember your stories about DL correctly. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter