IF you WERE to have a snake in your room, what kind would it likely be???

roscoepc1

DIS Veteran
Reason for asking....we aren't afraid of snakes, but around here, where we live, there aren't any poisonous varieties.

Our first instinct would be to pick it up and carry it out...after playing with it for a while!

So...wondering if that's a no-no, or what the appropriate snake-in-room action is in WDW...

TIA!:thumbsup2

And, yes, I'm serious.....:)

It would be the kind to cause me to scream very loudly and faint :rotfl2:

I wish I never read about the snakes!!! :headache:

Haha, OP, I'm right there with ya. We always love checkin' out snakes when we encounter them! :goodvibes

However, I'm from up north, where you can almost always guarantee it's just a Garter snake. :rolleyes:

At Disney World, I wouldn't mess with snakes. WDW is way down south, where there are VENOMOUS snakes like cottonmouths and copperheads. And I just don't want to deal with a bite like that on vacation, do you? :upsidedow

If I found a snake in my room and was unsure of what kind, I wouldn't touch it, but try to lure or push it out of the room with a stick or something. If it got aggressive or just wouldn't budge, I'd probably call someone from management, as I'm sure they have the means to deal with things like that. I just hope they wouldn't kill it! :scared1:

If you have kids I wouldn't even try to deal with it myself - just call management, snake bites are so much more serious for the smaller set.

In the south their are plenty of poisonous kinds so I would not think of getting close to any snake while in Florida. I think they said the one found in the CR was a water moccosin- very poisonous.

It would definitely be a deadly kind.... because I'd drop dead of fright no mater what size!
We have no snakes here in NL at all. Not even garter snakes. (No skunks or raccoons either)

I had never even given snakes at Disney a thought....Until surfing the Disboards!

But that doesn't mean they aren't there. And now that I'm thinking about them also doesn't mean I'll see any. At least I hope not!
:scared1: :scared1:

It would probably be a water moccasin (highly dangerous), or a black racer (which generally just scare you to death!). I live in the South. I've seen both (and many more kinds) up close. I would NOT corner them, or try to pick them up.

EWWWWWWW I hate snakes, spiders and mice - YUK!!! I would be screaming for my husband and boys to get it out of the room while I packed.

Not for me, no way

After I realize it was a REAL snake, I would probably faint or give an ear splitting scream!!! I'm from IL, so the only snakes I see are garter snakes. Unless you count the ones in the zoos, behind VERY thick glass! :thumbsup2

It would definitely be a deadly kind.... because I'd drop dead of fright no mater what size!
We have no snakes here in NL at all. Not even garter snakes. (No skunks or raccoons either)

I had never even given snakes at Disney a thought....Until surfing the Disboards!

But that doesn't mean they aren't there. And now that I'm thinking about them also doesn't mean I'll see any. At least I hope not!
:scared1: :scared1:

You guys don't have skunks or raccoons??? Well I know why! Its because there all here in my back yard in Nova Scotia. I swear, I leave a bag of garbage out and I am guaranteed to look out my door in the middle of the night and find 2-8 raccoons feasting on a night time snack!!!!

I was mentioning to my husband about this snake thing and he laughed and said there were snakes everywhere. Only problem is, I'm in denial, but also we also only have little bitty grass snakes.

I am now petrified about this snake thing. Seriously, it is now causing me anxiety and I wish I wasn't going to Florida!!! I don't think I'm going to sleep well.

I hope that finding a snake is rare. It is, isn't it??:mad:

IMO all snakes are deadly. Either the vemon from the bite will kill me or the heart attack will.

I live in Florida, on a barrier island on the Gulf Coast, and the only snakes I have seen are the big ugly harmless black snake..........be that as it may, despite people telling me, "that's a good snake, you want that in your garden":scared1: my response was, NO! NO! I DO NOT! Hubby took care of that sucker, and I did not ask how...... But
if I found a snake in my Disney room, I would EXIT, hit the front desk, possibly climb on the desk, depending on my state of mind, which i think would be :scared1: demand a new room, and after said snake has been removed (which I would have to witness) shake and pack every item in that room, and hot foot it to an interior hallway hotel. Luckily, so far, I have never had this problem at any Disney hotel, or any other hotel for that matter :cloud9:

and after said snake has been removed (which I would have to witness)

LOL As my DH would say... SHOW ME THE BODY in our family, I take care of the spidars and dh takes care of the reptiles. Once I told DH that I had got the spidar and he sat back down. Not 5 mins later the little stinker was back where DH could see it.. now, he wants to see the remains so he kNOWS I really got it.

okay i can't remember who it was but there is a person here on Disboard that has had a snake in her room. I can't remember what resort but her and her daughter went back to their room cause the little girl was sick and they found a snake in their resort room.

okay sorry but i looked this subject up and found out that is was on the 4th floor of the contemporary. The little girl saw something move near the top of the curtains. Come to find out it the mother snake with a nest of eggs there.

:scared1: Several years ago we were staying at St. Pete's Beach in a housekeeping unit and a little lizard got in. I was in the kitchen one moment and the next moment doing a split across the top of both counters in the galley kitchen!
:scared1: :rotfl:

The little dear lizzard is more afraid of you, said the housekeeper.
I didn't agree! a couple hours later it was funny...after my heart beat slowed down! :thumbsup2

Somebody asked which Disneyworld resorts there might conceivably be snakes at....I can tell them with certainty only the ones in Florida!
:rotfl2:
oh... and possibility of 'gators... and more lizards. (but they'd surely remove any that were too big or aggressive (gators, that is).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter