IF you WERE to have a snake in your room, what kind would it likely be???

I thought from your title you were asking more of a "what color is your parachute" kind of question....to which I would answer that if there were a snake in my room it would be pink and purple plaid and speak to me in soft tones before leaving without me asking!!!!

I never gave a second thought to snakes in the room either till I saw Disboards!!! Though back in the 90's my mother and I were floating around Typhoon Lagoon when we saw a little black one- we freaked and paddled away for dear life! We flagged the next lifeguard and he scooped it out with a hook.

:eek:Uuuuuuhhhh..........a dead snake! I am TERRIFIED :scared1: of snakes. Growing up in Texas, I always had to watch out for water moccasins,copperheads and even grass snakes when walking outside. I know grass snakes are harmless, but a snake is a snake.

....And it would not do much good to change resorts, as a PP mentioned, because one could just as easily be in the next resort....although I'd sure want to get the heck out of Dodge!!

Thanks everyone! I'm :lmao: at all the responses! I'll be sure to tell the kids not to play with any visitors...I won't have to worry about dh...he'd be out the door, screaming like a little girl! Unlike the girls of the family, who would be fascinated!:rotfl2:

Seriously? We are staying at the Contemporary in June...I might cry! I would DIE if I even saw a snake within the vicinity of me! :eek:

If I ever had a snake in my room, it better be a rubber one.

On my many trips to WDW, the only one I saw was in the water on the boat ride to DTD. I don't know what kind it was, and hope to never find out! I was staying at POR. If I ever saw one in the room, I would be screaming so loud it would probably be heard throughout the resort!:scared1::scared1: Then I would faint.:eek: Now the lizards, they don't bother me.

Last year, as we were unloading our car, a garter snake crossed in front of me. He was about 10 inches long. He was not interested in me, more interested in being stepped on. You have to expect them anytime you have many bushes and hedges around. Trust me, there are a lot more than you think. Given WDW's location, you could see a moccasin near any lake or pond. Disney does a good job keeping the grass low around any location people usually walk.

We have seen many more gators at WDW than snakes though. Every once in awhile, you see one around Rivers of America at MK.

LOL - I'd heard about the possibility of snakes in your room. So, the first time I stayed at the Poly, they mailed me one of those request forms and I asked them not to put me in a ground floor room, as I'm terrified of snakes.

But the trouble is with Disney, the theming tends to make you feel like you're not in Florida. When I stayed at Yacht and Beach, I was quite happy to have a ground floor room and drink hot chocolate on the patio in the dark. It just seems way to beachy for snakes. Then I found out that they even have gators at the BC :eek:

"" IF you WERE to have a snake in your room, what kind would it likely be??? ""

I'm not sure what kind it was, but it was all black. see pic below
I was at POP first floor, in the 80's
I use to have a pet snake when I was kid, now I run from them.
32708small100_1525a.jpg

32708small100_1525a.jpg

How big are those tiles he's slithering on??? If they are an inch each- he's actually kind of cute! If those tiles are a foot- I am cancelling my vacation! :rotfl:

Down there an all black snake could be a black snake or a cottonmouth, but the cottonmouths tend to kind of fade to brown near their bellies if I remember correctly.

Personally if I saw a snake I wouldn't panic, I love snakes. I could spend hours in the snakehouse at the zoo. I was in heaven when I lived in San Diego and went to the snakehouse at the zoo there. I would get it out of my room though, try to prod it into a pillowcase or box or something, then take it outside. I've been bitten by a copperhead, so I'm cautious but I know my snakes fairly well :)

if I saw a snake I'd be the one screaming a running the other way. Don't get me wrong if it is outside on a side walk or away from me I'd be fine with it in a room I'd be afraid

How big are those tiles he's slithering on??? If they are an inch each- he's actually kind of cute! If those tiles are a foot- I am cancelling my vacation! :rotfl:

They are the small tiles, it was about 1 foot or so long,
I just got back to my room, after walking POP and taking pic's, and walk in and found this. :eek: Didn't sleep to well that night.

Use to have a pet snake, when I was in school, but a few years ago I came head to head with a rattle snake :scared1: , from then on I fear snakes.

32708small100_1525a.jpg

That is an indigo snake or a black racer. Indigos are rare, so it's likely a racer. Both are not poisonous.

:eek:Uuuuuuhhhh..........a dead snake! I am TERRIFIED :scared1: of snakes. Growing up in Texas, I always had to watch out for water moccasins,copperheads and even grass snakes when walking outside. I know grass snakes are harmless, but a snake is a snake.

I agree!! I don't care what kind of snake it is, I'll be running in the other direction screaming at the top of my lungs carrying both DS's in my arms. (Which I know is a bad idea with certain posionous snakes.) I grew up in North Texas in the country and our property was surrounded by rock crushers. It was not unusual at all to see rattlesnakes in our yard. One night when I was a kid while my sister and I waited for wrestling (not the WWE stuff, but back when the Von Erich's wrestled) to come on. I was sitting on the floor with my legs stretched out in front of me when I noticed something crawling along the front of the t.v. a mere 6 inches from my toes. As soon as I noticed it was a snake, I went running screaming through the house and some how managed to jump from the floor to the top of the kitchen table in one jump without the use of a chair. I stood there screaming until my mom came to see what was wrong. She actually had to wake my dad up, my screaming didn't do it. He went and got it out and it was just a grass snake, but I didn't care. A snake is a snake. I can't even go into the snake house at out local zoos b/c I start having panic attacks.

So between April 30 - May 8 2010 if you are on the Atrium club level at the CR, and you see a woman running, screaming, and trying to carry her 12 & 11 yr old boys you'll know it's me and I just found a snake in our room. My DH is an adult he can fend for himself.:lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter