Illuminations Cruise- Should I cancel?

bridgettesmom

<font color=green>Got a tag because she eats all h
Ok, here is the story .. after only sleeping 4 hours almost 3 months ago, I was able to book an illuminations cruise. I was very excited about that and would talk about it endlessly to anyone who would listen :rolleyes: . This was booked mainly for Grandma's 80th, DH's b-day and my brother's b-day. They all would have had their b-day within the past week. We arrive on a Tue, DB arrives the next day and I had planned to spend the day at the Poly, renting Watermice,visiting other monorail resorts and going to the pool. Then at around 6 PM we would have dinner at Ohana's and then tell everyone that we would have dessert at the Boardwalk. At the Boardwalk, I was going to pick up a b-day cake that I would have ordered and I would tell them about the big surprise. This is when they were supposed to start to cry and proclaim me the best wife, sister and granddaughter in the world:worship:. But, DB has just told me that the moment we check in at the Poly he is running over to the MK, which really makes sense, since, we will picking him up at the apo at 9am and we should be checking in at the Poly by 10:30. That leaves him with more than 7 hours to enjoy the MK. Also, this is a special trip for my niece who has not been to Disney, since she was 2 and she is now 13. Ok, fine then I thought that we could leave the MK at 7pm, hop on the BW bus and go on our Illuminations cruise. Now, that just doesn't seem to be the best idea, since, they would miss Wishes and I'm sure they would enjoy really enjoy it. When all this happened, I decided that we would leave Epcot the next day early and I made a PS at Ohana's to watch Wishes. Now, that I analize it and the trip gets closer, we would be better of not doing the Illuminations cruise and enjoy a full day at MK and watch Wishes and a full day at Epcot and watch Illuminations. Grandma may not even come , since, as a birthday present we are sending her to Spain. I asked DH, since my big mouth told him about the surprise already and he said that is up to me to decide. I sincerely wanted to make this trip special for everyone and it seems that I'm just making it more complicated. What am I going to do? Help me decide, should I keep it or should I cancel it?:confused3

Are you only going to be in the parks for two days? I wouldn't miss Wishes but on that note we took an illuminations cruise our last trip and it was truly magicial. If you aren't going perk time you can score a wonderful location and have no need for the illuminations cuise. We went during Christmas week and our days we spent in Epcot it was hard to get a good view(but we are all short) LOL. This made the cruise even nicer. Whatever you decide it's not worth losing sleep over you will have a wonderful time either way! Go and enjoy your birthdays. Don't forget to get birthday pins and have fun. Gina:earsboy:

I'd keep with the plan to have the Illuminations cruise and do Wishes the next day. Just ask the others to humor you because you've got a special surprise for the family.

It's so hard to get different touring styles together. I would honestly ask others what they want to do. I know it's supposed to be a suprise. It's their trip as well as yours. It means they may have a different idea of what they want to do. You don't want anyone to be disappointed.

I would keep the Cruise. We did the Illuminations Cruise with extended family last June. From oldest (DFIL) to youngest (DN6) they all loved it! Everyone said this was the highlight of their trip.

Thank you for your quick responses. I spoke to my brother and he said that since I'm the expert they will follow my lead. We will head to the MK and then at 6p we are going to Epcot to nibble around the Food and Wine booths and take our cruise. I am now sure that everyone will enjoy the cruise and hopefully it will also be the highlight of their trip.

Thanks!!

::yes::

2 years ago we did an Illuminations cruise as a surprise to my extended family just before we went on a DCL cruise. My family LOVED this cruise and rave about it, even to this day. It is one of the many happy memories I have with my family at Disney--all the more important to me as my DB passed away this summer. I would stick with the cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter