• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

i'm ridin' solo...HELP!

I really struggled to get any bartender's attention in The Edison (sooooooo sad because I was really excited to go there)

That is horrible! See, what you do next time is say a few words to the people next to you to pretend like you are with them when the bar tender comes to help them. Then as they are ordering, you throw in your order with theirs and say "I'm separate". They might look at you funny but you will get your drink. You can even tell them you you have had issues getting served when alone. They will totally feel bad for you.

That is horrible! See, what you do next time is say a few words to the people next to you to pretend like you are with them when the bar tender comes to help them. Then as they are ordering, you throw in your order with theirs and say "I'm separate". They might look at you funny but you will get your drink. You can even tell them you you have had issues getting served when alone. They will totally feel bad for you.
Thanks for the tip!

I always stay on-site solo or not, I'm a bubble person tried and true.

I'm also a RD'er - coming from the West Coast I just get up per my normal body time-clock and that gets me to the parks at or just after RD. I free-wheel it in the morning, do my FP+ mid-day and always take a mid-afternoon break back at the resort. I find I actually get more park time in if I take a break, rather than trying to go commando. Resort breaks involve naps and showers, and I love going back out for the evenings refreshed.

I do a few pre-planned ADR's but prefer not to have my schedule driven by meal time commitments, so the remaining days I either pick an TS ADR from what's available or do CS.

I also make a point to spend time to just wander and do nothing: last trip it was sitting in the patio area between France and Morocco and just sitting and listening. I also spent time just sitting in Norway and a couple Vikings came out and harassed the crowd, I'd never ever seen or heard of them before and they were a lot of fun.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter