I'm thankful for...MICKEY!!! My Thanksgiving '08 TR!: TR Update, Last Day!

SwansLoveDisney

DIS Veteran
Here are some links to help you follow along! I'm starting the links at the beginning of the TR.

Arrival Day Part One! http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=29094389&postcount=1543

Arrival Day Part Two: We have arrived! http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=30691041&postcount=1593

Arrival Day Part Three: Thanksgiving Dinner! http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=30691891&postcount=1596

Arrival Day Part Four: Our First Park! http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=30726161&postcount=1609

Arrival Day Part Five: Suitcase Surprise http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=30745996&postcount=1623

Day 2, Part One: Getting Ready for Magic Kingdom Rope Drop! http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=30877579&postcount=1646

Day 2, Part 2: Magic Kingdom Opening Ceremonies! http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=30946232&postcount=1654

Day 2, Part 3: All Aboard!http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=31025934&postcount=1673

Day 2, Part 4: Crystal Palace!http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=31538035&postcount=1696

Day 2, Part 5: A Scary Encounter! http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=31559780&postcount=1710

I got lazy with the links for a while, but I'm going to finish up with them

Day 5, Part 2: Candlelight Processional http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=33583494&postcount=1992

Hi!

I tried to wait, really I did, but I can resist no longer. I'm starting my pre-trip and I'm thrilled to have you along for the ride!

Let's start with the cast...

Me, Julie, 28 years old. I'm a pediatric physical therapist. I play with kids all day and I love it! I am a Disney lover and lover of travel in general.

Next is my husband, I'll call him Gaston (can I help it if I like the bad boys?), 30 years old. He's an engineer. He is a Disney hater and a lover of travel. Gaston would argue and say that he likes Disney but does not see the need to go every year.

Here are Gaston and me:

P6180204.jpg

A little history on me and Gaston...we met in Chicago in 2003, went to Disney World together in 2004 (his first trip), and got married at Yosemite National Park in 2005. We honeymooned in Italy, then moved to Arizona a month later. We have been happily living in the desert ever since. Has Gaston been back to Disney since that first trip? Heck to the no! I've been 3 times since then :woohoo:, without him :sad1: . Somehow, and I'm not quite sure how, I have convinced Gaston that go to to see the mouse again!!!

We have two additions to our family:

Roxy, 2 years old, the sweetest dog in creation. I would swear she is my biological daughter if the DNA matched. She's the big, white one:

P7020022.jpg

And Indy, 10 months old, one of the craziest dogs in creation. Most definitely not my biological son, but I love him just the same:

P7220100.jpg

The pooches will not accompany us on this trip, but we will need to figure out where they will stay during this magical time.

On with the rest of the cast:

My mom, a lover of Disney, who is very excited to go back.

PA070099.jpg

If we can get her out of jail, she'll come with us! :rotfl:

My dad, a liker of Disney, who is also excited to head back.

Mom and Dad together:

P4170107.jpg

Gaston's mom, a lover of Disney, who grew up in L.A., with Disneyland in her back yard. She's never been to Disney World and I can't wait to show her around.

Gaston and his mom:

PB220016.jpg

And we have some possible additions...

My brother and his new wife:

PC280061.jpg

Before I leave you for now, here's a pic of Lady and the Tramp:

P7260111.jpg

Up next: The plans so far!

I'm in! If you can convince your dh that WDW isn't a big honkin' waste of time and money, then maybe I can do the same with my dh! If so, I'll be in your debt BIG-TIME :worship:

We're going in October. We being my family (me, dh, ds#1 & ds#2) and a whole whack of my in-laws.

My dh is insisting (and yes, I mean insisting) that he will go to WDW, but is ONLY going to sit by the hotel pool and read. Yep, I gave him what-for, but he's sticking to his guns :sad2:

So, I'll be reading your PTR anxiously, looking for inspiration (and ammunition) :lmao:

Yay! Glad you are writing a PTR - I enjoyed your last report lots!

I too have a husband who doesn't like Disney and am anxiously waiting how this all turns out....popcorn::

Your dogs are just adorable! What kind of dog is Indy? I have 3 dogs/2 cats and the hardest part about going to Disney is arranging the pet sitter and leaving them. :sad2:

Can't wait to read more! :)

Great start! I love being able to "see" the action- :thumbsup2
I am hoping you have some tips for converting non-believers (wow:eek: that sounds cult-like!) My husband thinks Disney is "manufactured fun"- which is just how I like mine!
:yay:

Yay! THanks for joining me!

I'm in! If you can convince your dh that WDW isn't a big honkin' waste of time and money, then maybe I can do the same with my dh! If so, I'll be in your debt BIG-TIME :worship:

We're going in October. We being my family (me, dh, ds#1 & ds#2) and a whole whack of my in-laws.

My dh is insisting (and yes, I mean insisting) that he will go to WDW, but is ONLY going to sit by the hotel pool and read. Yep, I gave him what-for, but he's sticking to his guns :sad2:

So, I'll be reading your PTR anxiously, looking for inspiration (and ammunition) :lmao:

I don't think I'll EVER convince my DH that WDW isn't a big waste of money, but I'm hoping to convince him that it's fun enough to have to go back every year!

Sitting at the pool and reading?!? :scared1: Oh no! Will he really?!?

I'll share my secrets soon!

Yay! Glad you are writing a PTR - I enjoyed your last report lots!

I too have a husband who doesn't like Disney and am anxiously waiting how this all turns out....popcorn::

Your dogs are just adorable! What kind of dog is Indy? I have 3 dogs/2 cats and the hardest part about going to Disney is arranging the pet sitter and leaving them. :sad2:

Can't wait to read more! :)

Yay! Thanks for coming along for another one!

I am amazed that DH agreed to come! I keep thinking something will happen...

Indy is the product of a chihuahua father and a lab-cocker spaniel mother. :confused3 Weird combo, but so cute!

I HATE leaving the dogs! I always wish they could talk so I would be able to hear how they're doing when we're gone.

Great start! I love being able to "see" the action- :thumbsup2
I am hoping you have some tips for converting non-believers (wow:eek: that sounds cult-like!) My husband thinks Disney is "manufactured fun"- which is just how I like mine!
:yay:

I will share my secrets conversion tips soon! (it does sound like a cult...:rotfl: )

I like the fun to be manufactured too! You're guaranteed of a good time that way!

My DH would MUCH rather visit a national park than go to WDW. I love me some nature, i love Disney more!

Let me tell you how this trip came to be...In October of last year, some friends and I went to Disney and stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge. We hit up Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party.

We were the characters from the board game "Clue."

P1030136.jpg

I was Mrs. White.

P1030183.jpg

We had an amazingly fun time and I started planning the next trip before that trip was even over!

When I got home from Disney World, I called my mom and asked if she would like to go. She was very happy to oblige! She said she and my dad were in!

I asked Gaston if he would like to go. All I got was "the look."

P8270002-1.jpg

I like going to Disney World with or without Gaston. But it's so much fun when he comes. WDW is so much more romantic with him. So I was sad to get the answer I expected.

Then I did a very tricky thing...when my mother-in-law was in town for Thanksgiving last year, I mentioned that we (even though Gaston hadn't committed yet) would be going to Disney World for Thanksgiving of 2008. And I asked my mother-in-law to come with, knowing she is a Disney lover.

I had two points on my side
1. My parents and I were going...how could Gaston spend a major holiday apart from me?
2. Gaston's mom was seriously considering going with us. There is NO WAY he could say no if his mom was going!

So throughout Thanksgiving weekend last year, I talked to my MIL here and there about Disney World and how huge it is and how great it is (she has only been to DL). And by then end of the weekend, she was in!

Then the most amazing thing happened...without ever admitting that he was in, Gaston said something about how he has enough Southwest rewards for all three of us to use one to fly to Orlando!!! Sounds like a yes to me! I felt like I should pinch myself, because I must be dreaming! :cloud9:

It was definitely the sneaky invitations to others that convinced Gaston to go to Disney World. Of course, here and there, Gaston complains about how much money it will cost and how much vacation time he has to take from work for this trip. (only 3 vacation days! 3 measly days...and he has 4 weeks of vacation). I think he just feels that he has to maintain his Disney grumpiness. I don't mind, though! I'll listen to as much griping as he can dish out...HE'S GOING TO DISNEY WORLD WITH ME!!!!!!!!!! :banana: :cool1: :yay: :woohoo:

Up next: our plans so far (for real this time)

Great job convincing your husband to come along - I am taking notes....;) Except I don't think I could handle taking my mother-in-law! :laughing:

Great installment! Yes, that's sort of how dh was kinda sorta literally forced into coming to WDW :rotfl2: This trip was started by my mother-in-law, my sister-in-law and her family, and my other sister-in-law. My mother-in-law called me one day and basically bribed me into agreeing to the trip (she promised at least one evening of babysitting my boys so that dh & I could go out alone LOL). The guilt of "I'd love for you guys to come because then it would really be a family vacation and who knows if I'll ever get to have a trip with all of you again". Yeah, I know, but it worked on me! Can't help it if I love my MIL :love: Once I was convinced and took the time to look into all the stuff available at WDW, I was hooked and excited! :cool1: However, dh is quite another story :sad2:

Can't wait for more of your story! :banana:

Great job convincing your husband to come along - I am taking notes....;) Except I don't think I could handle taking my mother-in-law! :laughing:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I hit the mother-in-law jackpot. She's awesome! So adventurous and fun to hang out with.

Great installment! Yes, that's sort of how dh was kinda sorta literally forced into coming to WDW :rotfl2: This trip was started by my mother-in-law, my sister-in-law and her family, and my other sister-in-law. My mother-in-law called me one day and basically bribed me into agreeing to the trip (she promised at least one evening of babysitting my boys so that dh & I could go out alone LOL). The guilt of "I'd love for you guys to come because then it would really be a family vacation and who knows if I'll ever get to have a trip with all of you again". Yeah, I know, but it worked on me! Can't help it if I love my MIL :love: Once I was convinced and took the time to look into all the stuff available at WDW, I was hooked and excited! :cool1: However, dh is quite another story :sad2:

Can't wait for more of your story! :banana:

You had to be bribed into going on a trip?!? Well, good thing she bribed you because now you know what a magical place it is!

I love my MIL too! So nice to be able to say that.

Joanne...I'm here again.......

Must...remember.....you're....real...name.....;)

Hey Josh! So nice to see you here!

:welcome:

How was San Diego?

:wave:

I am here. Off to a good start. can't wait for more. :thumbsup2

I remember your last tr, I remember the "Clue" costumes. :lmao: very clever.

We had an amazingly fun time and I started planning the next trip before that trip was even over!

That's the best part of WDW vacations :)

Off to a good start so far, can't wait to see how the trip goes.

We went September last year, and the return trip was being planned by day 3. We went in January and we're already planning another trip this September :woohoo:

Lease

That's the best part of WDW vacations :)

Off to a good start so far, can't wait to see how the trip goes.

We went September last year, and the return trip was being planned by day 3. We went in January and we're already planning another trip this September :woohoo:

Lease

Thanks for joining me!

Some would say it's a sickness this Disney thing. But if it's a sickness, then I don't want to be well!!!:rotfl:

San Diego was nice. I ate dinner with a friend in Old Town called Zocalo Grill. Upscale mexican...good, but expensive.

Let me tell you how this trip came to be...In October of last year, some friends and I went to Disney and stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge. We hit up Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party.

We were the characters from the board game "Clue."

P1030136.jpg

I was Mrs. White.

P1030183.jpg

Okay, because of your great "Clue" photos, I'm subscribing, and also stealing that costume idea for this year.

San Diego was nice. I ate dinner with a friend in Old Town called Zocalo Grill. Upscale mexican...good, but expensive.

DH and I are planning to go to San Diego for my birthday in August. I've been to SD only once.

Maybe we'll have to check out Zocalo Grill! I'm going to write that down right now.

Okay, because of your great "Clue" photos, I'm subscribing, and also stealing that costume idea for this year.

:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter