"I'm With Sneezy!" A Mom-&-Me/Solo October Trip! Upd 12/16

Aw, poor Mom. Our room is also almost always ready when we get there ... sad that yours wasn't. I can't believe it was ready so soon after she left - they couldn't have had it ready an hour earlier??

And getting the same room as last time - that's a crazy (but good!) coincidence

Poor balloon ... he looks sad.

I love seeing Tower of Terror pictures ... someone is always doing something weird. Always.

I'm looking forward to reading about the rush for the Dooney bag! (I know the end result from your PTR, but I kinda want to read a first-hand account of how chaotic it was (or if it wasn't chaotic)).

Happy to see you are back to updating! :wave:

How terrible that your mom felt so awful nearly the whole trip. It sounds like she was a trooper but that still sucks!

Bummer that your room wasn't ready....and then became ready so shortly after she left.

Can't wait to hear about your D&B purchase!

Your poor mom! I'm glad she got some medicine and to the airport to relax before her flight. Getting a phone call 30 minutes later about your room is exactly what would happen to me.....sigh!

Love the picture of the tramp overlooking the pool--so pretty. We really liked staying at POP but didn't look around too much. How cool you got the same room!

Your lopsided balloon is making me laugh! Still though--isn't it amazing how long they last?!

I have this picture too:

I couldn't decide which one I liked better, so I put in the one that had the building to the left of Tramp. But they are both very nice; I like looking at them.

That balloon made me so sad! :( I really wanted to give it away to someone else when I was leaving, but I couldn't give it away like that.

Aw, poor Mom. Our room is also almost always ready when we get there ... sad that yours wasn't. I can't believe it was ready so soon after she left - they couldn't have had it ready an hour earlier??

And getting the same room as last time - that's a crazy (but good!) coincidence

Poor balloon ... he looks sad.

I love seeing Tower of Terror pictures ... someone is always doing something weird. Always.

I'm looking forward to reading about the rush for the Dooney bag! (I know the end result from your PTR, but I kinda want to read a first-hand account of how chaotic it was (or if it wasn't chaotic)).

I was so glad to get the same room, but I couldn't believe it! I guess when you're a solo traveller you might be more prone to get the king sized bed?

I know! That balloon. If I'd have been there another week, I'd have bought another. I loved that thing.

You're right about ToT! Always lots of oddness in those pics.

I had a really good time the next day!

Happy to see you are back to updating! :wave:

How terrible that your mom felt so awful nearly the whole trip. It sounds like she was a trooper but that still sucks!

Bummer that your room wasn't ready....and then became ready so shortly after she left.

Can't wait to hear about your D&B purchase!

I'm working on it! Things have gotten so crazy, and throw in the holiday season ... I really, really want to finish this up if I can.

She was definitely a trooper but I know it really affected her. :( I was a little irritated the room was ready so soon after she left, as I wish she could have just been somewhere comfortable this day, but there's never anything you can really do to get it done sooner.

I'm excited to tell the story about the crazy rush the next day!

Wow, your mom sure had it rough. Good thing she was headed home, sounds like she needed it.

Bummer the room wasn't ready when you really needed it.

Awe, the poor lopsided balloon :(

Score for getting the same room!

Hello! I'm sorry that I am late to reply. Haven't had an easy time getting Dis time lately.
Your poor mom, there's nothing worse than flying while feeling awful. Too bad your room at Pop wasn't ready too, just the time when you really need it to be. Also typical that it would be ready just after your mom left.
Wow! Same room! How cool!

Great trip report! I was pulled in by your post on the VIP tour thread.

Aw thanks, I was so sad that this report stopped but I got SUPER busy with life and just couldn't get back to it. The rest of this trip alone and staying at Pop was a blast, I even got myself a Haunted Mansion Dooney or two (which I really wanted).

Going back again this October and can't wait! Have a split stay at Pop and Beach Club!!!!

I found this report mainly because I was searching for a Day of Thrills report. I'm taking my son to Universal Studios but we wanted to do one day at Disney (mainly to do Star Wars stuff at HS), then I heard about this tour and it included all of my son's favorite rides so we thought it sounded great. Your review was great to read -- honest and made me think of some things. I think because now it's been out for some time, I knew some of the things you didn't know (that it's FP+ lines you go on, Brown Derby you eat at -- which I'm all for too, etc.). I still think we'll do it, but I sure appreciate your detailed review so I know even more what to expect! I also loved the balloon (did you get it home -- I know there's some way you can do that but the one I bought for my son years ago popped a few days in and that was that). I do have to laugh though -- Kansas City Royals fan here! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter