Impact of Omicron Variant

How do you think that the Omicron variant will impact DVC?

• Total voters
Sorry that you had to cancel - I know how painful that can be.
But -- If only some folks at BWV or BCV would free up some January time, that would help us out for our wait-list ! :D
We had 3 nights in a 1BR at BWV and one night at VGF we had to drop. We were so bummed as it would be our first time (in 4 years as members) staying in a 1BR. Good luck with your waitlist!

We had 3 nights in a 1BR at BWV and one night at VGF we had to drop. We were so bummed as it would be our first time (in 4 years as members) staying in a 1BR. Good luck with your waitlist!
Thanks - I am "stalking-the-RAT" several times a day. I am sorry that you needed to cancel, and hope you can make up for it next time around!

We could drone on for hours how boris’ government has thumbed their noses at health measures

i Do think Jan will be bad in the us and Florida probably among the hardest hit states.

im just waiting for optimus prime to show up now

one thing I think we can agree on. if you were planning to buy dvc Omni would make you think twice right?
Not so sure about that. I bought quite a few points in the height of COVID in 2020. Prices have increased dramatically since then, however. If they were to fall again, because of Omicron, I would go shopping for some more bargains.

Not so sure about that. I bought quite a few points in the height of COVID in 2020. Prices have increased dramatically since then, however. If they were to fall again, because of Omicron, I would go shopping for some more bargains.

You live in the us. My earlier posts point out that the dvc sales market is more or less limited to domestic buyers. Odds are low substantial international buyers will purchase until the covid situation becomes less fluid

the post you replied to was also engaged on the international topic

You live in the us. My earlier posts point out that the dvc sales market is more or less limited to domestic buyers. Odds are low substantial international buyers will purchase until the covid situation becomes less fluid

the post you replied to was also engaged on the international topic
Ah - yes, I would agree that the impact would be more detrimental to those outside of the U.S.

Ah - yes, I would agree that the impact would be more detrimental to those outside of the U.S.
I guess there are many different perspectives on how people will feel. I'm international and while it's frustrating at the moment I'm pretty optimistic lately that our next trip will be the one that sticks. I would buy points if there was a dip in the market for sure. This lock down and wave will pass just like all the others have and can't wait for my "revenge travel" visit :)

When you don't have it, it obviously sucks. The impact of Genie+ to standby lines looked similar to the old FP+, so longer waits, but you don't have the 3 (or more) free passes like in the past. By 10 at the Magic Kingdom lines are already too long for me: 40 minutes for It's a Small World might not be much for a first time visitor, but I've done it countless of times, it's not worth a 40 minutes wait.

And when you have it it's frustrating.
First of all, it's buggy, even more than MDE used to be. I had constantly problems with the Tip Board (where you book a pass) not loading. Guest services couldn't help either. I had to keep two phones open with different accounts to try and book Slinky, and luckily I did that, because otherwise I would have waisted $60 (Slinky books in seconds for the whole day).
A few of the problems may be easily fixed soon. For example, I'd like to meet the person who thought starting booking at 7am is a good idea. Especially when it's Epcot day and the park opens at 10, why ask a turist on vacation to wake up at 7 to book a pass or a boarding group? In Disneyland you can start booking as soon as you enter the park, it looks like a better way.
It's frustrating you cannot chose a different time. If you are given 12:30 for the pass and you have a dining reservation or another pass at that time, you cannot choose a later time, you have to wait and try to time it right. And you have to set alarms so that you remember to book a new pass after 2 hours, currently there is no way to know when the next pass will be available.
People who were looking forward to it, hoping for a more relaxing experience: forget it! It's night and day from the ease of use of the Universal Express Pass.
And all of this and it doesn't even include the best attractions! You have to pay separately for those.
The only park where it works is MK, it has enough good rides to give enough value during the day. At the Studios, Slinky goes in seconds and if you're not super fast you'll get a return window in the evening, if that. That means you can book a second one at 11:00, when most headliners will have a return time in the evening as well. And then that's it, by 1pm you'll get Muppets or Start Tour.
Animal Kingdom and Epcot don't have enough rides to make a purchase worthwhile. I can see how it can work much better at Disneyland, with so many more attractions, but in Florida it's mostly frustrating.
This is the best description of the frustrations of G+ I’ve read. I work in tech, I love tech. I don’t try to get totally away from it on vacation, but I don’t want to be a prisoner to it either. I would gladly pay way more than $15 for a system like Universal has. It’s expensive enough so that not everyone has it, and doesn’t require timed reservations.

This is the best description of the frustrations of G+ I’ve read. I work in tech, I love tech. I don’t try to get totally away from it on vacation, but I don’t want to be a prisoner to it either. I would gladly pay way more than $15 for a system like Universal has. It’s expensive enough so that not everyone has it, and doesn’t require timed reservations.
Universals system is damn expensive but it works. during dec period longest I waited for a ride was ten min while standby was 60 min+

universal does something cool where their three most expensive hotels give you unlimited express pass for free. A family of four the express pass costs around $400 as it varies by time of year. Conversely a hotel at the top three is also about $400. Staying onsite pays for itself IMO

Universals system is damn expensive but it works. during dec period longest I waited for a ride was ten min while standby was 60 min+

universal does something cool where their three most expensive hotels give you unlimited express pass for free. A family of four the express pass costs around $400 as it varies by time of year. Conversely a hotel at the top three is also about $400. Staying onsite pays for itself IMO
We always do this for Universal. Stayed 4 nights at Hard Rock last week of September and loved it. Amazing hotel, walking distance to the parks and priced like a Disney moderate. Then did 5 nights at Disney, also had a great time. This was right before G+ started so no FP of any kind. But crowds were pretty low (until Oct 1) and we rope drop to do the big rides. That will keep being out strategy, go at less crowded times and rope drop/use the extended hours.

I disagree with you on that. Megatron infections are up but hospital beds and death rate down

There will be social distancing and restrictions in place but no lockdown on the basis

1) Government adviser when travel from home was restricted drove 100 miles to check his eyes

2) Senior health minister caught on cctv kissing his secretary when social distance rules were in place

3) a member of Parliament after testing positive took train from Scotland to London and back

4) our prime Minster has been caught at an Xmas party when restrictions on meetingwere in place

5) the Person appointed to investigate the above had to step aside because he had been to a party during lockdown

6) yesterday a photo of PM and others at social gathering when country was in

Economists have revised Q1 2022 growth forecasts from 5.2% down to 2.2%. Moodys expects travel will be especially harder hit

it’s now a given Disney and dvc will be impacted by Omni

Economists have revised Q1 2022 growth forecasts from 5.2% down to 2.2%. Moodys expects travel will be especially harder hit

Economists have predicted 75 out of the last 3 recessions. 😎 I don't think anything is a given at this point. If Delta didn't scare people away I doubt Omicron will. Short of massive air travel shutdowns or general lockdowns, its hard to see a big impact. But we're all just guessing.

How is it a given though? Travel was hit very hard in 2020 and the price of DVC may have taken a very short dip but not much of an impact overall.

How is it a given though? Travel was hit very hard in 2020 and the price of DVC may have taken a very short dip but not much of an impact overall.

I didn’t say prices would go down, but overall sales will be impacted. Ie fewer units sold

dvc has taken a massive hit on sales over last two years. Omni is not going to help. If the economy is going to grow less than originally forecasted pre Omni one can assume dvc will be equally if not more impacted. I maintain international buyers will refrain from purchasing dvc so that leaves a domestic market that in many cases will wait for Omni to pass until they purchase

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter