In Room H2O Products Now in Large Shareable Bottles?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or maybe we won't use the remote at all or some have put that in bags to use and some have used wipes to wipe it down cause they can wipe that whole thing. This is fixed.

What's to stop someone from tampering with these? You don't think a wild teen might decide "you know what would be funny let me pour some blue or green dye or something in it?" This is just a Cheap move.

Not just the bacteria on the remote, but the door handles you touch to get in and out of the bathroom. Have you ever thought about the bacteria on the toothbrush you use every time you brush your teeth? Whether Disney decides to use individual toiletries or not won't make a difference on how clean the room is which is a valid argument and a whole other topic on mousekeeping that I won't start.

The chance that someone will pour dye into your shampoo/conditioner is less than 1%. If it does happen I'm sure Disney will do something about it to prevent it and who knows, maybe go back to individual toiletries. Nothing is 100%.

Everyone has a budget, including Disney. If we want really cool things like the Skyliner and Galaxy's Edge without raising prices on tickets, room rates and food... they have no other choice to make cuts to small things here and there.

Love it. I hate having to open those little packs and bottles. This makes it much easier. Also helps to diminish a bunch of extra waste! Good job disney.
They didn't do it for the environment. They did it for money. And not everyone wastes what they get, some of us if we have 1/4 or so little bottles take them with us and full ones that were left there kind of have to be tossed for sanitary (same way napkins and extra condimients can't be given to new diners at a restaurant. Several people in my family have worked in food industry and have said this. So we take the unused and use it later. We Don't ask for anymore then we actually need to use while there.)

Last edited:
Not just the bacteria on the remote, but the door handles you touch to get in and out of the bathroom. Have you ever thought about the bacteria on the toothbrush you use every time you brush your teeth? Whether Disney decides to use individual toiletries or not won't make a difference on how clean the room is which is a valid argument and a whole other topic on mousekeeping that I won't start.

The chance that someone will pour dye into your shampoo/conditioner is less than 1%. If it does happen I'm sure Disney will do something about it to prevent it and who knows, maybe go back to individual toiletries. Nothing is 100%.

Everyone has a budget, including Disney. If we want really cool things like the Skyliner and Galaxy's Edge without raising prices on tickets, room rates and food... they have no other choice to make cuts to small things here and there.
Toothbrush is a stretch it's My Own bacteria , I'm not borrowing someone else's!

I'm sorry did I miss the thread where they are Not raising prices ?

Last edited:
I do really think no one will mess with them since presumably no one other than housekeeping will have keys to unlock access to open the containers.
Look at the tops those don't look to be locked. They appear to be able to pop right off

I sure hope everyone who is worried about germs doesn't turn the faucet off in a public washroom using your hands that you just washed. Talk about germs!!!

They look locked to me. Guess we will have to wait for someone to report back. I think they would be locking up access though...it just makes sense.
Look closer. The Bodies are what's locked in the tops look easy to take off. Someone, I'm sure will report back though.

Look closer. The Bodies are what's locked in the tops look easy to take off. Someone, I'm sure will report back though.

In the photo linked at the beginning of this thread, the bodies are definitely not the part that's locked. It's locked where the neck meets the body, which is typically where the "unscrew" part is.

In the photo linked at the beginning of this thread, the bodies are definitely not the part that's locked. It's locked where the neck meets the body, which is typically where the "unscrew" part is.
Hmm to me it looks like the bodies are the parts locked cause I totally see the necks and the bottom of the caps. It looks tight around the bottles not the Tops/cap area.

So, It looks to me that this is to prevent stealing the bottle and has nothing preventing from messing with it. Since the base seems locked in with the shelf on the bottom acting as part of the lock. The CAPS are totally out. Notice the dark line that's the bottom of the caps.

We will find out soon enough which it really is.

Last edited:
I have been a hotel GM for 20 plus years at decent sized, Branded hotels. Guest supplies costs sure do add up, but I don’t see many guests being receptive to the large dispensers.

We know you are taking the ones you don’t use.. Part and parcel of renting the room. I like to have a cheaper option but I the guest blowback would be pretty big in my Brand if we changed to the dispensers.

We never would reuse them, but we do have a local charity that picks up used soap. They “melt” them down and form new bars to donate to groups. Also another one takes all the half used shampoo, etc and donates them to a homeless shelter..

No clue if Disney does the same, but be nice if they ddi.

If it happens and you are this disturbed by it, just bring your own toiletries.

1. Some people will be caught off guard (not everyone reads all this stuff)

2. It's the principle of the matter. With the cost of the rooms (and they are somewhere in your bill calculated) plus The cost is going up not down. Disney isn't going to be like let's not raise the room too high , leave five dollars off for the toiletries. They're gonna be like Raise it.

With the other room fees as in Oh you face a pool or part of Any form water or anything not a parking lot its said to be going to be increased. The Free Parking at Disney changing to $25 a night I think Tikiman had posted. And this. They are Still gonna increase charges in everything.

3. What's next? 1 ply Napkin sheets like the schools have? Yes , everyone will love the feeling of wiping their butt with a very thin napkin as long as the dispenser features a nice brushed nickel fisinshed Mickey.
Or perhaps they will institute a turn down your own bed and for an extra $5 we will provide chocolate you can place on your own pillow as a unique experience where You create the magic!

Last edited:
I sure hope everyone who is worried about germs doesn't turn the faucet off in a public washroom using your hands that you just washed. Talk about germs!!!

Exactly! Or even in your own home! Your hands are presumably dirty when you turn on your own sink at your own house...otherwise you wouldn't be washing them, right?

I guess I am WAY less fastidious than many of you. I really don't worry about this stuff, I touch the faucet, I don't Lysol the phone, I don't put the remote into a baggie, I eat at buffets, and I rarely get sick. I'm fine with this and think that the reduction in waste, both in the little bottles and the amount of product used, is well worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter