In treatment for cancer

Hope your scans are all clear. Keeping you in my prayers. God Bless.:grouphug:

Got the results of the pet scan and everything is clear. No signs of cancer.:cool1: We are so blessed to have so many people praying for us. I don't think I have quit smiling since I heard the news. Now I can really look forward to our Disney trip. Thanks so much for the prayers and support.:grouphug:

Got the results of the pet scan and everything is clear. No signs of cancer.:cool1: We are so blessed to have so many people praying for us. I don't think I have quit smiling since I heard the news. Now I can really look forward to our Disney trip. Thanks so much for the prayers and support.:grouphug:

Great news!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool1: Keep smiling and enjoy life and Disney!!!!!:cool1:

:goodvibes Wonderful........ So thankful for the update.........Have a Magical trip.

Just thought I would check in, now 6 months out of treatment, doing pretty well. Still have problems with dry mouth, not tasting all food, saliva still not returned to my old normal. Will see ENT in a couple of weeks. Was supposed to have cat scan at the end of April but am waiting until June. We are taking our 3 grandchildren and 3 of their friends to Disney In June.:cool1: This is a trip I promised them 5 years ago and I so want to do it. So I talked to the radiation oncologist and he agreed that we would wait until we get back to do the scan just in case there is something there. I want to enjoy my trip and either way I am going. He says he doesn't expect to find anything anyway. So I am going to continue to pray for an all clear and enjoy planning our trip.

Just thought I would check in, now 6 months out of treatment, doing pretty well. Still have problems with dry mouth, not tasting all food, saliva still not returned to my old normal. Will see ENT in a couple of weeks. Was supposed to have cat scan at the end of April but am waiting until June. We are taking our 3 grandchildren and 3 of their friends to Disney In June.:cool1: This is a trip I promised them 5 years ago and I so want to do it. So I talked to the radiation oncologist and he agreed that we would wait until we get back to do the scan just in case there is something there. I want to enjoy my trip and either way I am going. He says he doesn't expect to find anything anyway. So I am going to continue to pray for an all clear and enjoy planning our trip.

pixiedust: Thank you for the good update!

That trip sounds just amazing! They must be over the moon

Continued prayers, and have a Magical trip :hug:

Glad to hear you are doing well.

A trip to Disney sounds wonderful! It really is good medicine and helps to keep your mind off other things and just enjoy yourself and your family and grandkids. We are going then too after I see the rad. onc. but all my tests are good so far. Praise God!!

I have the dry mouth issues too. I just try to stay hydrated. Make sure to do that at Disney!

I have the saliva problems too but my salivary glands have been fried by the rai radiation. Were yours damaged from the surgery or radiation? I know sometimes you can also get salivary stones. My hosp. ent group now has a dr. on staff who deals with salivary stones and endoscopic salivary stuff.

Hope your ent visit goes well too. Wishing you all the best.

Thanks every one. The Saliva problem is from the radiation. I am taking salagen for it and it helps, but far from normal still. We are all excited about the trip. I have to tell your too, your quote at the bottom of your signature. "It's nice to be important but more important to be nice", that was a sign that my dad hung on the wall in our lake cottage when I was growing up, and my son loved to read that when he was little. That just brought back some good memories.

Thanks every one. The Saliva problem is from the radiation. I am taking salagen for it and it helps, but far from normal still. We are all excited about the trip. I have to tell your too, your quote at the bottom of your signature. "It's nice to be important but more important to be nice", that was a sign that my dad hung on the wall in our lake cottage when I was growing up, and my son loved to read that when he was little. That just brought back some good memories.

Awww. That is the second time and it was quite recent too, that someone mentioned that, and it was a lovely sign for them. I hope it is for you as well..XO

I try to live my this.

Great news that you are feeling well. Hoping your scans in June return all clear. And I hope your trip is amazing!:cool1:

Went to see my ENT on Thursday and he scoped my nose and throat and said everything looks clear!! :cool1: Made my husband and me feel better about waiting for the scan until June. So now just looking forward to our trip and building memories!

That is amazing news. :goodvibes
Have a fantasic trip.
DH goes for his 6 month check up in a couple of weeks.
Keeping my fingers crossed for good news as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter