• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

In your opinion what is the most overrated thing in WDW?

It gets even worse if you're a party of two. When there are just two of us, we are always in the backseat behind a larger group. It's uncomfortable and kind of strange. The other family always makes jokes about hitchhikers and I understand that they are probably uncomfortable too.
That's exactly what I was thinking-how awkward would it be to have people you don't know in front of you like that lord only knows the conversations people must hear :rotfl:.

And now without the in-laws we are a party of two instead of a party of four so I was def. thinking it would be worse.

The Fatasmic dinner package at Mama Melrose -- couldn't believe how long I waited and how much I spent to have mediocre overpriced Italian food, just to get a fast pass for Fatasmic.

Peter Pan -- The lines for that are insane. Say what?

Parades -- I know many love these, but I have never been into them and the crowds they attract are horrendous.

The cookies at the Christmas party that so many rave about -- Yuck.

Adults waiting in long lines to see other costumed adults and have them write a name in a book.

Soarin' - Not too overrated, but the immersion is killed off the second you enter the ride room and feel like you're in a theater when you should be feeling like you're in a hangar.

Grand Floridian - not as luxurious as it should be, the carpeting is dated and I hate how the hotel is a cluster of buildings spread out when it should have been one large whole building.

PPF - I love this ride but I hate to admit I was shocked by how painfully short it was

I'll see about the new stuff next time I go

Be Our Guest Lunch

Frozen Ever After

Seven Dwarfs Mine Train

All are decent, just not worth the trouble and hype surrounding them.

Adults waiting in long lines to see other costumed adults and have them write a name in a book.
Well that one I for sure wouldn't call overrated. Perhaps not one's personal preference but certaintly not overrated..the way you phrased it, no offense, sounds like you have a problem with those who do as in your don't think they should do it.

Disney did say “Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, dreams are forever.”

So while I'm not into character meet and greets myself I'm not going to look down upon those who do...and by those I mean all individuals of all ages.

I gotta agree with this. I'm all about Disney magic and am totally immersed when I'm there... but I still can't get into autographs and pictures with characters. Maybe someone like Gaston who is hilarious but everyone else I have no interest in it.

Well that one I for sure wouldn't call overrated. Perhaps not one's personal preference but certaintly not overrated..the way you phrased it, no offense, sounds like you have a problem with those who do as in your don't think they should do it.

Disney did say “Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, dreams are forever.”

So while I'm not into character meet and greets myself I'm not going to look down upon those who do...and by those I mean all individuals of all ages.

No- not at all judging- but I truly don't get it. And thats what the OP asked for. We like character pics with our family at meals or whenever we see one without a wait- sure. Thats not what I was referencing.

No- not at all judging- but I truly don't get it. And thats what the OP asked for.
Ok apologies. That's why I said the way it was phrased. Might just be me though-it just came off as judging in a negative way rather than your own personal preference since you said "adults standing in line to see other adults" rather than something to the effect that you yourself wouldn't want to do character meet and greets as a personal thing.

No worries! It IS the adult factor that I don't get. Kids desperate to see characters- of course, and they bring their adults along with them. But I am baffled by adults who wait for a long time to see characters, when there is so much to do at Disney. ( not talking about collectors or those who do special event, rare characters). Again, not judging! And they are happy- and there is a lot at Disney that makes me happy that others think is baffling. Like I will wait 15 minutes for a dole whip. Its all good! I like the diversity at Disney :)

Something that I find a tad confusing, though I'm not sure I can use the word overrated because I do see it's appeal, just not to the extent to match it's wait. Even though it's waits have dropped with the New Fantasy Land changes, Dumbo. That thing had excessive waits before it got doubled. Yet Aladdin never has. Or even Triceratops Spin. What made Dumbo different?
An adorable elephant!:lovestruc

I do like Flame Tree but OH HOW I WISHED they had closed seating. I absolutely HATE THE BIRDS. They are literally walking under the tables and by your chairs. Food good.....atmosphere...BAD.
I probably would like it if they expanded their menu, even offered fish or shrimp, would be nice.

Oh I can't believe all these monorails haters! To us it means we've arrived in WDW and on our way to the Magic Kingdom, we even listen to the monorail announcement on Youtube before we go. Oh how sad am I?

I've added a link just in case there are any like-minded people on here :rotfl2:

I like it!!!

Rivers of Light...my whole family looked at each other like, "Did we really just waste our time on this?" after it was over.

WE so looked forward to this. On our recent trip at the end of May, the first day in was our ROL fastpass. We seated about 35 minutes out. It was delayed, and delayed, and delayed, and cancelled 30 minutes late. We came back the next night, and after it was over, wondered if we only had half of the show. Apparently this was the complete show. Many others walking out were saying "was that it?". At least we know we can do something else during the show.

FEA.

I had a FP for it, but it was on the day that Disney closed for Hurricane Matthew - October 2016. I had to switch around our days, and of course, there wasn't a Frozen FP for the day we switched to. So, we hopped in line around 8:40 pm (Epcot closing at 9 pm). We waited about 45 minutes in the most boring line ever, it just snailed through the round room. And then we did the ride. Oy vey, it was less interesting than I remember Maelstrom being. Probably the biggest waste of time we've had at WDW!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter