In your opinion what is the most overrated thing in WDW?

I used to feel the same way and I'm in no way invalidating your opinion, but part of what makes dole whips unique is the fact they are a dairy-free frozen treat. I recent developed an intolerance for dairy, so I found dole whips (and respective fruit whips) to be a miracle.

I'm lactose intolerant (i've had to leave the parks after eating a mickey bar with out pills because sometimes it decides to react and sometimes not) and I just won't ever like it. I'd rather take the possible night on the toilet over one of those things and I actually like pineapples and pineapple juice so no clue what it is about them.

I'm lactose intolerant (i've had to leave the parks after eating a mickey bar with out pills because sometimes it decides to react and sometimes not) and I just won't ever like it. I'd rather take the possible night on the toilet over one of those things and I actually like pineapples and pineapple juice so no clue what it is about them.
Haha I totally get it! No worries! For me it's the texture of having "soft-serve" without the dairy. Also, I don't like chocolate (I know right?? :teeth:) so the classic ice cream treats are out for me anyway, usually left over with a boring fruit bar.

Haha I totally get it! No worries! For me it's the texture of having "soft-serve" without the dairy. Also, I don't like chocolate (I know right?? :teeth:) so the classic ice cream treats are out for me anyway, usually left over with a boring fruit bar.

I think it is the fact it is soft-serve. I also weirdly can't do soda and ice cream. I love root bear and I love ice cream but put them together and it is the most vile thing ever. Probably a texture plus flavor thing. I have some minor sensory things so could totally come from that haha.

I think it is the fact it is soft-serve. I also weirdly can't do soda and ice cream. I love root bear and I love ice cream but put them together and it is the most vile thing ever. Probably a texture plus flavor thing. I have some minor sensory things so could totally come from that haha.
I also hate floats, the texture bothers me and I don't think the creaminess of the ice cream pairs well with the fizzyness of the soda. Also, I hate root beer!

I also love the dole whips as it's one of the few gluten free dessert options out there and I do love pineapple. We stayed at Aulani a few years ago and visited the dole whip station daily.

While I haven't experienced it personally, I'd put the Dining Plan as overrated -and somewhat dangerous. And I accept this is probably flame worthy as there is clearly a ton of love for Disney Dining.

I've heard families of 4 at QS restaurants sitting at the table next to us, overloaded with boxes of fried food, giant sodas and so forth that can't even fit on the table, doing their best to stuff it all in while hearing them talk about how they are all so stuffed. can't eat any more, but sit there and keep stuffing it in until it's gone. I saw this at least 3 different times on our last trip in 2014 and one had 2 kids under 10 who were both obese which made me very sad. Overeating to the point of feeling sick just because you're on a dining plan encourages unhealthy eating habits not to mention gives you less energy to actually enjoy the parks. Not to say I have great eating habits 100% of the time and I definitely splurge when on vacation compared to home. But I order what I'm able to eat - often sharing a meal w/ DD or DH and ordering extra sides of veggies.

The dining plan sets people up for massive overeating and also is what drives the scarcity of all these ADR's that we all have to obsess over. I can't believe I'm planning a trip for April 2018 but already have a basic game plan of what ADR's I need to get when (marked on the calendar 180 days out) so we can have lunch at BOG (loved it in 2014 when we had a FP) and lunch at CRT (which we were never able to get in 2014 even after checking 4x day for months and now DD is close to aging out.) For our 7 day trip I have a list of 3 ADR's and 2 special dining packages I'm hoping for which is probably iffy that I will even get since I would have to be up at 3AM Pacific which is not likely. If I was on a dining plan I'd be trying to make at least 7 ADR's. (and then make extras in case my plans change but cancel most a day before) and would be planning almost every day based on not what we want to experience at the parks, but how to fit in rides and shows in between meals.

I get the ease of pre-paying for meals but if it was really only about that Disney would allow us to just buy the credits we think we need and not force everyone on the reservation to sign up. If I was able to do a dining plan with 2 TS + 2 QS + 2 snacks/day for my family of 3 to share (we drink water) - we could buy extra food if needed instead of a plan that gives us 3 TS and 3 QS + 6 snacks and 3 refillable mugs to fill with soda all day), I'd be all for it.

I also love the dole whips as it's one of the few gluten free dessert options out there and I do love pineapple. We stayed at Aulani a few years ago and visited the dole whip station daily.

While I haven't experienced it personally, I'd put the Dining Plan as overrated -and somewhat dangerous. And I accept this is probably flame worthy as there is clearly a ton of love for Disney Dining.

I've heard families of 4 at QS restaurants sitting at the table next to us, overloaded with boxes of fried food, giant sodas and so forth that can't even fit on the table, doing their best to stuff it all in while hearing them talk about how they are all so stuffed. can't eat any more, but sit there and keep stuffing it in until it's gone. I saw this at least 3 different times on our last trip in 2014 and one had 2 kids under 10 who were both obese which made me very sad. Overeating to the point of feeling sick just because you're on a dining plan encourages unhealthy eating habits not to mention gives you less energy to actually enjoy the parks. Not to say I have great eating habits 100% of the time and I definitely splurge when on vacation compared to home. But I order what I'm able to eat - often sharing a meal w/ DD or DH and ordering extra sides of veggies.

The dining plan sets people up for massive overeating and also is what drives the scarcity of all these ADR's that we all have to obsess over. I can't believe I'm planning a trip for April 2018 but already have a basic game plan of what ADR's I need to get when (marked on the calendar 180 days out) so we can have lunch at BOG (loved it in 2014 when we had a FP) and lunch at CRT (which we were never able to get in 2014 even after checking 4x day for months and now DD is close to aging out.) For our 7 day trip I have a list of 3 ADR's and 2 special dining packages I'm hoping for which is probably iffy that I will even get since I would have to be up at 3AM Pacific which is not likely. If I was on a dining plan I'd be trying to make at least 7 ADR's. (and then make extras in case my plans change but cancel most a day before) and would be planning almost every day based on not what we want to experience at the parks, but how to fit in rides and shows in between meals.

I get the ease of pre-paying for meals but if it was really only about that Disney would allow us to just buy the credits we think we need and not force everyone on the reservation to sign up. If I was able to do a dining plan with 2 TS + 2 QS + 2 snacks/day for my family of 3 to share (we drink water) - we could buy extra food if needed instead of a plan that gives us 3 TS and 3 QS + 6 snacks and 3 refillable mugs to fill with soda all day), I'd be all for it.
I would love to respectfully argue with you. The Dining Plan is certainly not for everyone, but I think calling it "dangerous" is an unfair statement. It is the consumer's responsibility--no matter how much the "dining plan sets people up for massive overating" or not. My family always does the dining plan and that is because we are true foodies. With that said, there are considerations.
-Some people can eat a whole portion at Disney simply because they have a larger appetite.
-A majority of the restaurants in Disney offer healthy options such as the salmon with veggies at Columbia Harbour House which also offers typical fried fare. Again, it is up to the consumer to choose what works for them. Also, my family will use snack credits on expensive items like fresh-cut up fruit which is healthy.
-I have struggled with my weight my entire life, so I am no stranger to overeating. With that said, one of the largest lessons I have learned is to stop when I am full. Again, as a consumer, this is my responsibility. I cannot depend on anyone else, or the Disney company for that matter to tell me when to stop eating.
-In regards to finance, it is up to the consumer to decide if the DDP is worth it for them. If you know that it is too much food, do not purchase the DDP option. Most snack options can be redeemed with water bottles and pre-packaged snacks to take home as souvenirs.
-Typically healthier options are more money anyway (in the U.S). Look at any menu and you will see the salad is respectively more money than the hot dog. My family gets more bang for our buck by ordering the lamb chops or the filet mignon on the menu.
-My family enjoys the "down time" we receive as a family to sit down and have a meal every night, which we value as personal time that doesn't cut into our park time. If you do not like sit-downs, there is a QS only dining plan.
-With the new FP+ system you have to adapt to planning anyway. Some people enjoy planning out their vacation with ADRs. I respect you do not, but I would like to offer the flip side of the coin as well.

In conclusion, everyone does Disney differently. I respect your opinions completely and I'm sure others would completely agree with you; However, I would not call the DDP "dangerous."

Last edited:
Over-rated - hmmmm... that's a hard one. Not sure people rave over it - but I think this is appropriate. My answer is Mission Space

I'm might take some heat for this one. Poly. I travelled a lot growing up and I can't get past the fact it looks like a fancied up Red Roof Inn. Plus I think the monorail is overrated. I like the boats better. They force you to slow down and take it all in.
No heat from me and I've done a fair amount of traveling this globe but but what is a Red Roof Inn and where can it be found?
I don't get the monorail issue but I'm used to mass transit.

No heat from me and I've done a fair amount of traveling this globe but but what is a Red Roof Inn and where can it be found?
I don't get the monorail issue but I'm used to mass transit.
Red roof inn is a cheap motel chain. I have found them nearly everywhere. I have no issue with mass transit but the monorail needs some major work. It looks and smells bad on the inside.

Am I allowed to say one I've never actually experienced myself? The MK dessert party. I cannot imagine paying $80 for desserts and a view of Wishes. That's $320 for my family of 4! For desserts! and a view!

I know that many of you love it and see the value. I'm glad Disney has something for everyone. I'd rather get an ice cream cone and stand by the flag pole. Never been disappointed. Except by those people who insist on buying balloons and standing in my line of vision. Sorry...a rant for another day.

And thennnnnn you have to figure out how to feed yourselves all day before the dessert night w/o pigging out. Senseless for my lifestyle.

Red roof inn is a cheap motel chain. I have found them nearly everywhere. I have no issue with mass transit but the monorail needs some major work. It looks and smells bad on the inside.
I have to admit that sadly I've mostly traveled this continent by plane and thus missed a lot of ground sights. Hopefully, the man will agree with me (eventually) that an RV trip will fill in the blanks. Never been in a monorail that smelled bad but there's still time. Subways are a different subject with their own sensory memories....

The Halloween and x-mas parties they are crowed and way over priced, that when it was just 55.00 per person! Now even worst as the prices went way up, but that just me!

I still can't get over the fact that if you want to be in MK that day and attend the party, you must pay full price for a day ticket that cuts off early and the price for the party ticket. I think party day park tickets should be at a reduced price and/or people who want to attend both should get some sort of price break.

But people are willing to pay. It all depends on what you consider value. (I also think at least the the Disney price should have a pop up telling potential buyers that their ticket won't be for an entire day on party nights.)

The food and wine festival. I just don't get it. I like new food and drinks as much add the next person but the portions are so small and overpriced I just don't get why this event is such a draw.

Some people are just raised to eat what is on their plate. I was raised this way and I find it hard to stop when I'm full and just throw the food out. I do it but it took years of training myself. Thankfully I realized this when I was younger and didn't put that on my children. I doubt people who don't overeat on a regular basis are going to force themselves to eat all of that food just because it's there. It's most likely something they do at home too.

Mission: Space! In my opinion, not exciting or realistic. Maybe it's my ill-will from replacing the incomparable Horizons!

I haven't eaten there but I've heard people generally like it (though I have heard issues with food quality)...for me though the way they do the seating like that is just not right for me. When the in-laws were going with us (as they aren't now) I was trying to imagine having a meal staring at the back of their heads or vice versa. I know there are tables where you face each other but that wouldn't be guaranteed. I like the whole watch stuff but the way they did it just doesn't appeal to me.

I threw our Sci Fi ressie back into the pot after realising that as a party of 3 one of us would have to sit alone. Lost the whole reason for going there since I'm not reading over the top stuff about the food.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter