In your opinion.....

ginnymac

Mouseketeer
We are taking DS (6) and DD (4) to WDW for our first "big" trip. DD has never been!!! My question is regarding MVMCP. I was thinking that it may be too much for them to do the late night thing Basically, I think that we will really have to scale down 2 days, the day of and then the day after. I want to know if this is something that we absolutely can't miss, or can maybe skip this time and do on a subsequent trip.

So....what's the consensus from all of you guys who have done this before:confused: ??

My famiily did this on our last trip. It was early December and the crowds during the day were very light. MVMCP, however, was very crowded. We did see the snow fall on main street, the parade, get our picture taken, enjoy the hot chocolate and see one of the shows. Other than that, it was very busy and it was kind of difficult to get everything done.

If your kids can stay up late, it is something great to attend. My boys (at the time were 9 & 12) did not mind leaving the party early. We were all very tired.

I think you will get a variety of opinions on this. If you are going earlier in December when it is not as crowded it would be better. If you are going closer to Christmas, the crowds will be much heavier.

Maybe if you take it easy the day of MVMCP and get a later start the following day it will work for you.

We will also be there in December, but have decided to skip MVMCP this time.

I hope this helps a ltitle. Best of luck in your decision:wave2:

You can definately do without this. We did it while once--not a must do. You'll see MK other times during the week.

We went last year and dd7 and ds4 liked it, but we really didn't do any of the special shows. We are originally from up North so the snow on Main Street wasn't a big deal either.
It was really crowded (we went Dec 5th or so) and when we went it was really cold out (and we are from the North)
The kids were tired at about 10pm, so we left.
The party is a lot of fun, and definately worth the time and cost, but I think I'll wait until the kids are a lot older and can benefit from riding the rides late at night to do it again.
As the others said, you can see the Country Bears Xmas show during the day, and the decorations are all up as well, so you are not really missing much.

It depends on your kids and their schedules. My DD just turned 8 and is just getting to the point where we can keep her up a bit later without ruining the next day. Up until now, we have always had her in bed by about 9 or so on vacation or else the next day is a waste because she is miserable. So needless to say, we never did any of the late stuff with her. You know your kids best and what they can handle. I'd decide based on that.

Steve

:D Thank you to all who replied. I am taking all sides into consideration, but am really leaning towards not doing the MVMCP this year. All the more reason to go back at Christmastime again:bounce:

Ginny if you think you might go to WDW in a few years, I'd wait.
We have done the party a couple of times. It was fun, and certainly a memorable event, but it can wear down even the hardiest traveler. WDW is magical during the holidays anyway. There will be plenty of things going on during regular park hours to make it festive. Another 4 years could make a big difference.
Have a fantastic trip::MickeyMo

Welcome to the Dis!! I'm with everyone else. It's a lot of fun but with little kids it might be too much. There is still plenty of Christmassy things around the parks and the resorts. Besides you can go back again to do that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter