Indiana Jones Adventure: after hours event March 4-5 (AP Exclusive)

Update: saw a comment on the Facebook post about this that confirmed there will be no charge for this event. So it's definitely similar to last year's "enjoy this ride after park hours" AP events. But they must expect it to be popular enough to warrant requiring registration.

No details yet if one can register in advance for the wristband or if it will be a day of registration. Considering the morning ROTR craziness that already exists, I really hope they don't make it day of at opening.
I’ve never done one because they are all on weekdays, and I can only come weekends. But from what I know, they scan your ap before you enter the ride. My friends did the guardians one and the line pretty long.

They picked Indy because it is its anniversary and will go down soon for maintenance

They did a free after hours ap event for the 20th in 2015. You had to pre register. A couple other rides were open and they had a panel discussion with Tony Baxter.

I’ve never done one because they are all on weekdays, and I can only come weekends. But from what I know, they scan your ap before you enter the ride. My friends did the guardians one and the line pretty long.

They've specifically said you will need a wristband (so prior registration required of some sort). Which is why I say like the after hours ride offering last year, but not exactly.

They've specifically said you will need a wristband (so prior registration required of some sort). Which is why I say like the after hours ride offering last year, but not exactly.
my guess is that wristband distribution will start at sometime in the afternoon on the day of. They did that in 2015 for the Wednesday’s with Walt offering.

March 4 is the 25th Anniversary of the ride's opening. There was never any chance that it was going to be closed down for that. And there was never any possibility they would close it while Haunted Mansion is still being refurbished.

While I know it was unlikely to be down for its anniversary I'm not sure it is accurate to say there was NEVER ANY possibility it would be down during Haunted Mansion refurbishment. Is this actually reported anywhere? Or is it just unlikely?

I'm obsessed with info and as far as I understand there is no actual information released about when it is going down, so any guesses would be conjecture, right?

Or did I miss something?

Our first park day isn't until April 26th so I have already prepared myself that this ride likely won't be available for us this time around.

Indy better go down pretty soon or it risks being down during Halloween events! Summer and Halloween/Holiday are about the most busy times of year so hopefully Disney plans on working around the clock on it and only doing a 2 to 3 month shut down RIGHT after this event... or push it till next year...

I am sad that it is the night of Pixar Nite. I fly in that morning. If I had known, we would have flown in the day before. :(

Too late to change up flight and hotel now.

From the Parks Blog today (2/26/20): Celebrate the 25th Anniversary of Indiana Jones Adventure at Disneyland Park.
Join us as we celebrate the 25th anniversary of Indiana Jones Adventure! Annual Passholdershave the opportunity for a bonus adventure by experiencing the attraction an hour after park closing on Mar. 4 and 5. Wristbands are required. Check-in at Star Wars Launch Bay for wristbands beginning at 6:30 p.m. for day of visit. Valid Annual Passport must be presented; photo ID may be required. Blockout dates apply. Wristbands available while supplies last.***

From the Parks Blog today (2/26/20): Celebrate the 25th Anniversary of Indiana Jones Adventure at Disneyland Park.
Join us as we celebrate the 25th anniversary of Indiana Jones Adventure! Annual Passholdershave the opportunity for a bonus adventure by experiencing the attraction an hour after park closing on Mar. 4 and 5. Wristbands are required. Check-in at Star Wars Launch Bay for wristbands beginning at 6:30 p.m. for day of visit. Valid Annual Passport must be presented; photo ID may be required. Blockout dates apply. Wristbands available while supplies last.***

Updated the first post. Thank you for catching this update in information!

Did anyone go to the AP after hours last night? I'm wondering if it's worth it to go just for that tonight.

Did anyone go to the AP after hours last night? I'm wondering if it's worth it to go just for that tonight.
I went by accident. They give you a pin, a decoder card, and there are a couple of little signs to hold for pictures. That’s it.

We rode IJ with a 15-minute standby wait at about 9:30 and then again during the AP event, where the wait was more like 30-35 minutes.

So if you’d like a pin or a decoder card, head on over. But otherwise, I wouldn’t bother.

I headed over to watch the 6pm parade one more time before daylight savings time begins on Sunday. We collect buttons, so I checked in at Launch Bay after the parade ended just to be able to add this one to the collection. The line was crazy long, but I’m happy I got it:

1583472545051.jpeg

Oof, sorry! I don’t know why my disboards pics always rotate 🤔

I headed over to watch the 6pm parade one more time before daylight savings time begins on Sunday. We collect buttons, so I checked in at Launch Bay after the parade ended just to be able to add this one to the collection. The line was crazy long, but I’m happy I got it:

Oof, sorry! I don’t know why my disboards pics always rotate 🤔
They were out of wristbands when I got there at 9pm but I still got a button. I picked up an Indy fp for a near immediate return time just before 9pm so I got on before the event.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter