Indianapolis Disney Meet Sat, Sept 6th - 7th Annual - All Welcome!

I am in the same boat! It's a 4+ hour drive from St. Louis; going solo too! I've thought about going to other DisMeets but they are usually on Sundays (I work) or on weekends I can't make happen. Maybe I should start up a St. Louis meet... ;)

For all of the first timers out there... Much like you all, I had some hesitancy in deciding to come to the meet, mostly because I was fearing some sort of social rejection and because I am socially awkward... okay more of just a goofball but still Im terrible at small talk. Sheesh I'm sounding overly dramatic! :laughing:

Then I realized that we are all, on some level, Disney-crazed fans and, that of all the groups and cliques out there, this Disney group is primarily based on warm-hearted, friendly, loving and supportive people (just look at the boards on this site or why we are "meeting" in the first place). Heck, one of the major points of the DisMeet is to meet people who share your Disney enthusiasm (wait, that it is one of the point's right?), why hesitate to join in the fun?

With this in mind, who in our group is going to make fun of you, reject your passion, or bring down your morale? I am sure that you won't find that at a DisMeet or with true Disney-geeks. It might be a little awkward at first, but if you're a first timer and have any hesitancy, let's put it behind us and have some fun and raise a few bucks yeah? I will be wearing a bright green sign around my neck (something along the lines of "First timer? Me too! Come and say HI!") so that us first timers can look out for one another. Everyone should come out! :)
You've summed it up great ! At the end of the day we all attend these meets for similar reasons. I know coming solo can seem daunting, but the best advice I would give you is don't feel awkward approaching anyone and introducing yourself. Let them know where you are from and why you came to the meet That should get things going for you. In fact, you may find you have more in common with other at the meet.
See you there and please don't hesitate to come up to me and say hi. I'll be the run running around the halls in a purple shirt and hat. :)

For those interested we will be hosting a Sunday brunch the day after the meet at Stone Creek Dining at the Hamilton Town Center mall. The brunch starts at 10:00AM. The entire restaurant is reserved for us so space will not be an issue. This is a buffet style brunch that costs $16 per adult and $9 per child 10 and under.
If you wish to attend just post here and let us know how many will be in your party.
Thanks ! And we hope to see you on Sunday, September 7th for brunch.

Stone Creek Dining Company - Noblesville
13904 Town Center Blvd #900
Noblesville, IN 46060

ADP said:
For those interested we will be hosting a Sunday brunch the day after the meet at Stone Creek Dining at the Hamilton Town Center mall. The brunch starts at 10:00AM. The entire restaurant is reserved for us so space will not be an issue. This is a buffet style brunch that costs $16 per adult and $9 per child 10 and under.
If you wish to attend just post here and let us know how many will be in your party.
Thanks ! And we hope to see you on Sunday, September 7th for brunch.

Stone Creek Dining Company - Noblesville
13904 Town Center Blvd #900
Noblesville, IN 46060

I am really, really hoping to be at the brunch but won't know for sure until this upcoming Thursday for sure. I don't know if I have to be at my job for part of the weekend or not. If I have both days off I will be at the brunch will bells on. Not literally of course. That would be odd.

Oh, and it would just be me.

I just found out about this. I live about an hour away so i'm going to talk to the husband into going.

I am really, really hoping to be at the brunch but won't know for sure until this upcoming Thursday for sure. I don't know if I have to be at my job for part of the weekend or not. If I have both days off I will be at the brunch will bells on. Not literally of course. That would be odd.

No problem at all. You can let us know last minute if necessary. We have plenty of space set aside in the restaurant.

I just found out about this. I live about an hour away so i'm going to talk to the husband into going.
Awesome ! See you there.

I will be at the brunch as well as the meet! So looking forward to a fun weekend!

So, 1 for brunch!

I am in the same boat! It's a 4+ hour drive from St. Louis; going solo too! I've thought about going to other DisMeets but they are usually on Sundays (I work) or on weekends I can't make happen. Maybe I should start up a St. Louis meet... ;)
I would love to start up a new city to increase awareness for gktw and to find other disney lovers after I visit this one in indy and I plan to visit another in the next 6 months as well.

I will be at the brunch as well as the meet! So looking forward to a fun weekend!

So, 1 for brunch!
Excellent. We'll mark you down.

We may have 2 more in our group. My cousin and her 3 yr old daughter may join us.
The more the merrier. See you next weekend.

I would love to start up a new city to increase awareness for gktw and to find other disney lovers after I visit this one in indy and I plan to visit another in the next 6 months as well.
Great ! Each meet has it's own vibe to it. Ours has some similarities to other, but also has it's differences. Please swing by and talk to me if you have any questions or need any help.

Hi Aaron. Hoping the meet goes well next week, I am sure it will. :thumbsup2 I won't be there again, even skipping the races this weekend this year. My knee, scheduled for replacement in early October, is too sore for the drive. Maybe next year. I think my days at the races are probably over, too much walking for this old guy.

Please say hello to your family, mom, dad and brother. Always have had nice times with them.

I looked up a few of the old, original meets, the ones I used to run before yours. Came across this photo...you, Bill and John....

IMG_5145.jpg

That was 2006 and I think you started running them in 2008, and have a remarkable run, growing each year. Even the Dole whip machine! I will miss that.

Take care, Aaron, enjoy the meet next week, lots of hard work, I know. You do a great job.

Dan

Three of us will be joining you on Saturday and will bring taco salad and strawberry pizza. We plan to be at the brunch on Sunday as well!! See ya real soon :-)

My husband, myself, and our 7 week old son will be attending for the first time! We are very excited!! We plan on bringing hot dogs, mac n cheese, and bacon bits.

Newbie here...coming with my fiance and my mom, but we will probably not be there until around 4:30. We're bringing cookies! :yay:

------------------------------------------------------------
WDW [AoA (Cars)/Coronado Springs] -- 10/15-10/25
Universal/Islands of Adventure -- 10/26-10/29

About what time will the Silent Auction end? We have to be in Franklin IN by 7:30 Sat evening ....
Politzania- phantom? Did they find an organist? They were still looking when we went to see back to the future, I think.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

About what time will the Silent Auction end? We have to be in Franklin IN by 7:30 Sat evening ....
The silent auction will end promptly at 5:00PM.

Three of us will be joining you on Saturday and will bring taco salad and strawberry pizza. We plan to be at the brunch on Sunday as well!! See ya real soon :-)
Sounds great ! Thanks !

My husband and I will be there with smoked sausage soup and jalapeno poppers!
Sounds delicious !

My husband, myself, and our 7 week old son will be attending for the first time! We are very excited!! We plan on bringing hot dogs, mac n cheese, and bacon bits.
Great !!!

Newbie here...coming with my fiance and my mom, but we will probably not be there until around 4:30. We're bringing cookies! :yay:

------------------------------------------------------------
WDW [AoA (Cars)/Coronado Springs] -- 10/15-10/25
Universal/Islands of Adventure -- 10/26-10/29

No problem. 4:30 is good. Just in time for some raffle prizes and the podcast.

We are so excited to be able to attend our first GKTW meetup. There will be three of us (2 adults and 1 six year old boy). We are still determining what dish to bring and will update the posting once we are sure. Cannot wait to meet you all in Noblesville!

I will be attending again this year with my two young daughters and my aunt. Not sure what we are bringing yet.

My family is planning on attending the Indy meet this weekend. I'm not sure what we are bringing for the pitch in yet. It will be myself, my wife and our 2 girls (5&9)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter