• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Inside Luau?!

Made an "outside"reservation for 6/17! They told me it was the first one that would be outside after the refurb. Now, 8-10 days prior to getting this reservation, I called and they told me that 6/20 was the first "outside" date. I spoke to another person at Aulani later that same day and they told me that the June schedule hadn't come out yet and to call back in a week. Obviously, I did call back and was told 6/17 was available and scheduled for outside but by this time, all of the VIP seats were gone (didn't need those anyway). It's funny how you hear different things from different people!

We will be staying at Aulani 7/7-7/14 and are planning to do the luau. Does anyone know if they hold firm to the 60-day out rule, or is there a chance if I called this week I could get a reservation? We are hoping to get VIP seats to the show on Saturday 7/8.

We will be staying at Aulani 7/7-7/14 and are planning to do the luau. Does anyone know if they hold firm to the 60-day out rule, or is there a chance if I called this week I could get a reservation? We are hoping to get VIP seats to the show on Saturday 7/8.
They told me 60 days when I tried to call (this was actually the second time I called about it. The first time I called, they told me that June dates wouldn't come out until April. So I called April 1st. That's when they said to call back at 60 days. I get a different answer from everyone I talk to there (5 conversations). My point: it probably doesn't hurt to go ahead and call.

They told me 60 days when I tried to call (this was actually the second time I called about it. The first time I called, they told me that June dates wouldn't come out until April. So I called April 1st. That's when they said to call back at 60 days. I get a different answer from everyone I talk to there (5 conversations). My point: it probably doesn't hurt to go ahead and call.

Thank you...I just called and she said that there is a luau on Saturday July 8th, but she can not book it for me until May 8th. So...setting a reminder alert on my phone to call Monday when they open! :)

I've been to both Paradise Cove and Aulani's luau. (last month) While I prefered Aulani's luau overall (if I had to pick one) I agree that it would not be the same indoors. I would not like it indoors. I would go to Paradise Cove instead (it's cheaper and you can walk there) and see Mickey and Minnie other places in Aulani. You'll have plenty of other opportunities to see them.

Cast member said they're digging up the lawn to put in drainage so it dries quicker after rains. Inside luau has no fire dancer so paradise cove was a better option for us in the interim.

Did they give any idea about when it would be moved back outside? I will be there mid/end of June and was really excited about this. Do you think it is worth doing the Luau inside? Is it the same elements without the fire? I agree, it is hard to imagine an inside luau...
the price goes up June 17th... and for our reservation on the 24th we were told it was outside.

Cast member said they're digging up the lawn to put in drainage so it dries quicker after rains. Inside luau has no fire dancer so paradise cove was a better option for us in the interim.
we have done an inside luau on another island (due to weather) and it beat being rained on... they did the same food and show, the ambiance was not great but the mai tais were. if I'd been upset I could have ruined my night but we decided to roll with it.

Has anyone seen the renovations and how they are going yet? When I called they said the 17th of June would be the first outdoor luau. I am hoping that is true since we are set for the 21st. However, I know sometimes renovations can take longer than anticipated...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter