Intrest Thread - DL/DCA Swap

great idea to split them up Surina....easier for you and not huge groups for all of us too!

Wow so much activity this morning I have to say I Love DL way better than MK Im from Anaheim and I grew up in the shadow of the DLH. So DL is my fav and always will be:thumbsup2

This is a SAMPLE list sigh-ups Open June 1st Please dont start posting want groups you want.This is just so you can all get an idea of what you would like and how I set up my groups.Thanks :)

A.Disneyland Resort
1. Disneyland Resort -
2. Disneyland Park -
3. Disney’s California Adventure-
4. Downtown Disney -
5. Grand Californian -
6. Disneyland Hotel -

Disneyland Park

B. Main Street USA
1. Main Street USA -
2. Disneyland Railroad -
3. Main Street Vehicles-
4. Windows On Main St-
5. General MS USA/Food -
6. Parade or Fireworks -

C. Adventureland
1. Adventureland -
2. Enchanted Tiki Room –
3. Jungle Cruise-
4. Indiana Jones Adventure -
5. Tarzan Treehouse -
6.General Adventureland or Food/Dole Whip -

D. New Orleans Square
1. New Orleans Square -
2. Haunted Mansion-
3. POC-
4.General NOS/ Tiana Princess and the Frog-
5.Food-
6. Columbia

E.Critter Country
1. Critter Country
2. Splash Mountain-
3. Winnie The Pooh-
4. Davy Crockett Explorer-
5. Pooh Corner-
6. General Critter Country-

F. Frontierland
1. Frontierland-
2. Mark Twain -
3. Frontierland Shootin’ Exposition -
4. Big Thunder Railroad-
5. Pirates Lair on Tom Sawyer Island -
6. Golden Horseshoe –

G. Fantasyland #1
1. Fantasyland-
2. Sleeping Beauty Castle -
3. Sleeping Beauty Castle Walkthrough -
4. Storybook Land Canal Boats -
5. Casey Jr Circus Train -
6. Pinocchio Daring Journey -

H. Fantasyland #2
1. Alice in Wonderland –
2. Mad Hatters Teacups-
3. Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride -
4. Matterhorn -
5. Snow White Scary Adventure –
6. It’s a Small World-

I. Fantasyland #3
1. King Arthurs Carrousel-
2. Sword in the Stone –
3. Peter Pan’s Flight-
4. Dumbo
5. General Fantasyland-

J.Fantasyland #4
1.Princess Fantasy Faire-
2. Tangled-
3. Pixie Hollow-
4. BBB-
5.Snow White Wishing Well-
6.General Princess-

K. Mickey’s Toontown
1. Mickey’s Toontown -
2. Roger Rabbit’s Car Toon Spin -
3. Gadget Go Coaster -
4. Goofy’s Playhouse or Donald’s Boat -
5. Chip & Dale Treehouse -
6. Minnie’s House -
7. Mickey's House -

L. Tomorrowland
1. Tomorrowland -
2. Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage -
3. Autopia -
4. Disneyland Monorail -
5. Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters –
6. General Tommorowland-

M. Tommorowland #2
1. Space Mountain-
2. Astro Orbiter –
3. Jedi Training Academy-
4. Star Tours-
5. Captain EO-
6. Innoventions-

N. Disneyland Dining (Choose your own)

Disney’s California Adventure

O. Hollywood Backlot
1. Hollywood Backlot -
2. Aladdin: A Musical Spectacular -
3. Monsters Inc. Mike & Sulley to the Rescue -
4. Tower of Terror-
5. Muppet’s 3-D-
6. Disney Junior Live on Stage-

P.Animation Building
1. Disney Animation-
2. Character Close-up-
3. Animation Academy
4. Sorcer’s Workshop-
5. Turtle Talk with Crush-

Q. a bug’s Land –Make 7
1. a bug’s land – JohnsonLovesDisney
2. Its Tough to be a Bug-
3. Heimlich’s Chew Chew Train - hopemax
4. Flik’s Flyers - kkbeaton2
5. Tuck & Roll Drive Em Buggies - Arizona Rita
6. Francis Ladybug Boogie – estherhead
7. Princess Dot Puddle Park-

R. Paradise Pier #1
1. Paradise Pier -
2. California Screamin’ -
3. Goofy’d Sky School -
4. Mickey’s Fun Wheel-
5. Toy Story Midway Mania-
6. General Boardwalk or Boardwalk Games-

S. Paradise Pier #2
1. Silly Symphoy Swings -
2. Jumpin’ Jellyfish -
3. Golden Zephyr -
4. King Triton’s Carousel -
5. Little Mermaid Under the Sea Adventure-
6. Food of the Boardwalk or General Boardwalk-

T. Golden State
1. Golden State -
2. Redwood Creek Challenge Trail -
3. Grizzly River Rapids -
4. Soarin’ over California -
5. Factory Tours (Bakery or Tortilla) –
6. Blue Sky Celler-

U.Carsland- (these are rides released by Disney)
1. Radiator Springs Racers-
2. Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree-
3. Luigi’s Roamin’ Tires-
4. Flo’s Café-
5. Sally’s Cozy Cone-
6. General Cars Themed items-

V. Various Entertaiment and Parades of DCA
1. Pixar Play Parade –
2. High School Musical
3. ElecTRONica-
4. World of Color-
5. Main St. Electrical Parade-

W. DCA Dining (Choose your own)Up to 5 in a group

X. Downtown Disney/ Hotels Dining Character Dining(Choose your own)

Y. Kid’s Group (Anything Goes: Disneyland, DCA, or Resort)

Due Date will be Aug 29th and this will be a 2 element swap with some new twists ;) I hope you will like I'm adding exceptions and broading what will be allowed as elements.
Here are the Elements list Please read through it THERE ARE CHANGES!!!

This will be a TWO ELEMENT swap, your choice, with one exception. If your topic is the name of a land, one of your elements needs to be a TOPPER/SIGNAGE. Also, if you are doing a topic in Group A, one of your elements need to be a TOPPER/SIGNAGE. The list of elements is at the end of this post.
I’m including a Kids Group as well  Please have fun and choose whatever you want!! 2 items Max for the Kiddo’s.

I am not putting any restrictions on the number of groups you may sign up for, but Newbies are limited to 5 groups. If I am worried that you will not be able to finish by the deadline, I will contact you to see if we need to angel some, or all of your groups. If at any time, you realize you need to cut down on the number of groups, or need an angel for all your groups PLEASE LET ME KNOW AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. I know it’s hard to admit when we are in over our heads, and it’s more fun to receive all the pretty pieces, but there will always be more swaps. I really want to try to get this swap back to everyone in the time frame we agreed upon at signup.

Element list

Note: Please no handwritten items. Embellished can mean: stickers, stickles, flock, ink, chalk, brads, Prima’s , eyelets, ribbon/fiber, stickles, sewing, tearing, clipart, additional layers of paper beyond double mats. Specialty paper, such as embossed, glitter, Bling will be considered an embellishment. I am NOT requiring to embellish 2 ways. But with that please make items look good if you want to embellish 2 ways go for it make it look pretty ;)

One Element Is One from this list:

* Topper/Title/Signage: Double Matted, Embellished. I like title’s is all shapes and sizes not just words printed in a row on a Double Mat. Standard size in the past has been 2 x 8, so it would fit in books of different sizes. However; with all the new innovations and new Cricut Carts and SCAL possibilities we can all do so much more.. I wouldn’t go any larger than 11” so if someone has an 8.5 x 11” book, the topper can be used as a border. No Individual Letters for this element Please. If you want to do something that is 3 x7, or 4x4, or running in two directions, or paper pieced that is fine too. With the paper pieced titles at least 2 layers. Please have fun with this element!!

* Library Pocket w/ Tag: Embellished. Tag should be double matted, with ribbon or eyelet.

* Layered Die-Cuts AKA Icon’s: To accommodate the Cricut cutouts that aren’t really detailed enough to be considered a paper piecing. Make THREE 3” pieces. If they are smaller than 3” make more; use your best judgement. Try to shadow and embellish if able.

* Paper Piecing: 4” minimum in one direction (H or W).

* License Plate: Double matted, embellished. Please be creative

* Shaker box: Be Creative

* Lyric/Quote/Poem: Double Matted + layer with poem/lyric/quote. Top Layer should be 3x3 minimum. Embellished.

* Pair of Borders: 6-12” in length. Be Creative with these If you are using a Cricut some of the Borders can get overwhelming if you go up to 12inches long. Double Matted Embellished.

* Altered Letter: Double matted, 4” minimum height. Embellished.

Or TWO from this list (you can mix & match)
* Frame: Double matted, embellished. Should be large enough to hold a 4x6 photo. Sizzix frames are okay even though they are smaller.

* Large Box: Double matted, embellished. Should be large enough to hold a 4x6 photo, or may be used as a journaling box. Since 5x7 photo size is really popular right now I will allow this a box for that size photo in certain groups please email me first to see if it will fit in your group. EX; DL, DCA, CASTLE places where Photo Pass Pics are taken.

* Two Small Boxes: To be used as either small photo mats or journaling spaces. Consider sizes such as for holding a 3x4, 4x4, 3x4 photo. Double matted, embellished. If you are thinking journal boxes, other shapes work well too. Also Good Quality Attraction posters are accepted as one of these as well. Think outside the box for this element!!

* Tag: Double matted, embellished. Approximately 2x3 or 3x4 size, but does not have to be a rectangle. Circles, ovals, diamonds, squares, hearts, Mickey heads, and apples work well too.

* Two Embellished Shapes: Double matted, embellished

* Slide Mount: Embellished

* Mini File Folder: Embellished

*1 ATC and or 4 inches Embellished

If you have an idea that is not on this list, or varies from the requirements it is probably okay. We want swappers to be creative in their designs. So if you can answer, honestly, that you love the piece and think others would too, and would happily use it in their books, and you tried to make it special in some way (we can’t account for all possibilities in the element lists) you are most likely good. If you are still worried, you can ask me, or post a prototype.

There doesnt seem to be much intrest in this swap....I hope we have enough people...:confused:

Hey Surina!
I'm here but just not always on the boards. Now I just wish I could break myself the same way from Farm and Frontier villes!:goodvibes
I have to work tomorrow but hoping to come home for lunch. I'll take a look at that time and see whats going on and just pick from there altho hoping that there will be some Adventureland left as I just got the Hawaiin cricut cart!
Let me know if you need anything!
Rita:hippie:

Ok so I'm in the middle of formatting the letter groups and its ALLOT of work SO...if the Swap Goddesses:worship: will let me after we wrap up this swap we can do a DL/DCA letter SWAP with 2" and 4" letters of just DL and DCA stuff.
I'm willing to do it if I can :thumbsup2

As the Swap Goddesses secretary... I have been informed via text that she will allow a letter swap! :rotfl::worship::rotfl2: Just put a note on the calendar so as the secretary I can add it to that! :):surfweb:

As the Swap Goddesses secretary... I have been informed via text that she will allow a letter swap! :rotfl::worship::rotfl2: Just put a note on the calendar so as the secretary I can add it to that! :):surfweb:

SAWEEEET!!!!:cool1: I shall make an offering into the giving plate of scrapbooking (LSS) LOL

Just here to make your day..
WTH? Did you just put a ticker up??? Whew! It's just the school ending.. I thought I was gonna have to go ape on your for another trip in 2 weeks!

Just here to make your day..
WTH? Did you just put a ticker up??? Whew! It's just the school ending.. I thought I was gonna have to go ape on your for another trip in 2 weeks!

LOL that went up last week. Although I need 4 tickers.

DS9's last day is the 14th, DD's last day is the 15th, DS10's last day is the 16th, and DS14's last day it the 17th.

LOL!!! Those are some dates to remember!! Good gravy!!!
The town east of us is in school all this week.... We have built in snow days that is why we are out a week before them!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter