• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

IOA newbie TR

Buschfan

Mouseketeer
Just got back from a long weekend at IOA. We bought the $99 annual pass deal from AAA. I was originally going to buy the corporate passes online, but found out they have to mail you passes. We wouldn't of had enough time to receive them before we went. The AAA deal saves you money as you don't have to pay for shipping either. Very impressed with this park! Really liked the Universal Express system. Worked great for getting on Spiderman without a long wait. Well worth the cost of our passes for this ride alone!

Some quick observations. Ripsaw Falls takes the old log ride to a new level. The hump after the last drop was awesome! Did not expect that.

Food was very good. Went to old oak place and had a great burger. Tried wife's turkey leg and that was good also. Portions really good for the money.

Rat Barge ride was neat. I have been on these rapid type rides at many different parks. IOA is the best I have seen. Has some great drops and some quick accelerations along the way.

Dueling Dragons was another cool ride. Only got to try one track though. Can't remember which one though.

Hulk had a great launch. It was too rough in a couple of places after that though. Did not enjoy the headbanging from the horsecollars. Sea World's Kraken is much smoother.

Dr Doom's Fearfall is exciting at the initial rise to the top and the bottom. It seemed too tame after that. It is only good for giving a good view of the park after the initial upward and downward thrust. Tower of Terror seemed more intense to me.

Happy hours after 3 were a surprise. Got $1.50 draft beers at all the clubs in City Walk from 3 to 7. Good deal. Old Oak had 1/2 price special also.

We are going back again this weekend. I quickly got online when I got home and got our same hotel on Priceline again for $23 in the Florida Mall area. Seems like a better spot than the congested International Drive - I4 area. Always was backed on these roads in the evenings. I was able to bypass it by going Sand Lake to Orange Blossom.

I have to say it is the best park we have ever experienced. We will be going less to Busch Gardens and Sea World in the future. Universal has really done it right with this park!

I just found this board last week and although I am not a US / IOA or WDW fanatic (and will never be), I do want to know as much about the place I am going to visit before I get there.
With every new post I read, there is yet another "term", "phrase" or "acronym" that I have no idea about. I've douns most of them out already through my own diligence (and PM's from other posters) ... I keep seeing the term "AAA" .. is this the same AAA as in Automobile Association of America?? or is tis something else???

Thanks in advance

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter