Is anyone familiar with the Radisson or Amerisuites or Comfort Suites?

Planogirl

I feel the nerd in me stirring
That is those locations across from Universal. :) Or any offsite hotel right by Universal. We won't have a car but have ruled out staying onsite this March. Any thoughts would be VERY appreciated!

We've stayed at the AmeriSuites. It's nice. Unfortunately you don't get the FOTL but it's close to USF. They have the complimentary continental breakfast. There are a couple of restaurants within walking distance.

I stayed at the Radisson on my first trip to Orlando back in 99. I loved it! I always call it a 4 star hotel with a 3 star rating. Back then it was called the Twin Towers (which changed for obvious reasons :earseek: ) because you can see it from just about anywhere in the area. At night it has a green neon light around them so you can't miss them.

Another vote for the Amerisuites - we stayed there last May thru a Priceline bid ($28/nt 2 1/2 star hotel) and it was very nice. Free deluxe continental breakfast, wet bar with microwave in each room, and a small (but adequate) heated pool in back. TGIFriday's close by as well as a Ponderoa, Walgreens and a few other small stores. It is a bit of a hike to Univeral (about 15 mins. w/ 3 kids, DH and a stroller) but we're used to walking so it wasn't bad at all.

Alright, votes for two of my possibilities! I'm seeing some good prices for these hotels so this is great news. I'm surprised to read that Amerisuites is a 15 minute walk though because it sounded like it was right by the entrance. I'd better look at a map before I book either of the two. :) Thanks so much for the information!

Any other opinions out there?

We will be arriving late on the 31st of this month into MCO, so we are staying at the Comfort Suites. I'm getting the room for free since I have over 8,000 points in my Choice Rewards account. I'll let you know how it is when I get back.

The Amerisuite is right by the parking deck. You can see the deck from the hotel. The entrance to Universal is quite a hike from the parking deck even if you drive. You could probabably walk from Amerisuites to the gate/entrance in about 15 minutes. Check with the front desk they may have a shuttle that runs over there but if I remember correctly it left later than we wanted so we didn't use it.

DW and I stayed at the Amerisuites in June of '01. Clean rooms, breakfast, and a small but never crowded pool were pluses. A lady behind the "hospitality" counter was a minus. She was pushing some sort of time share that we weren't interested in and she lost interest in us!

It is a bit of a walk to USF, you can shorten it a little by entering the parking garage at ground level, take a stairway up 1 level, and use the moving walkway. They did have shuttles but only at certain times that weren't great for us. The shuttle is shared with the Comfort Suites and another hotel so it didn't save much time either. We did wimp out and use it one day after a long day in the parks.

Have a great time;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter