Is Dining Plan on room Card?

disneyobessed

DIS Veteran
Question
We are going to Disney on Aug 5-11th. We are checking into the POP late afternoon Sat. and switching over the Boardwalk Villa (rented points) on Sunday. We planned on doing the Dining Plan the 6th -11th while at the Boardwalk. KNow, here is my question

1. IF we cant check into our room until 4pm how do we get access to our dining plan if its going to be on our room key? We are paying for 5 days but we wont be able to use if for perhaps a character breakfast or snack.... Am i misunderstading somthing? We dont want the meal plan for Saturday because we obviously woulnt get our moneys worth since we wont be landing until 5.... HELP... :confused3

you and everyone in your party has to have the dining plan for every night in your stay.

It is important to remember that you can use your credits whenever you wish. So if you arrive at 4pm, you can surely use one credit for dinner that night, and even if you are leaving early on your last day, you can double up on either CS or TS credits in the same day, sometime during your trip (such as to do a breakfast).

I just called Disney and they said i can check into Boardwalk as early as i want even if my room isnt available so i can use my dining plan. I only got the dining plan for 5 of the 6 days we will be there (at boarwalk b/c our flight coming home will be in the am).

Disney also told me i couldnt extend my dining plan to 6 days (I was going to include my night at POP)in the the dining plan. :confused3 . I didnt think it would matter since i was still staying at a disney resort. Does the dining plan expire? example. If I get a 5 night dining plan starting on Aug 6, does it end the 10th?

Dining Plan is always for your entire stay as follows: If your stay is five nights, you get five days of Dining Plan credits (but not six).

bicker said:
Dining Plan is always for your entire stay as follows: If your stay is five nights, you get five days of Dining Plan credits (but not six).

Ok so i can use it at 9am for a character breakfast on the 6th even if im not in my room yet at Boardwalk (Boardwalk 6-11th)

You sure could, if you wished. I believe you can "pre-check-in" any time after 6:00 am on your day of check-in.

Your dining plan expires when your credits are used up.So if you used more than your 1 TS, 1 CS and 1 snack, per day, it will expire before your actual vacation is over.

ok we are getting a five day meal plan when we go in Aug for the 6-11th. (flying out 11th in a.m.) if i still have anything left on it on the 11th can i use it up that morning or will it expire in the 5th day? sorry im so clueless in this, its just that i call disney and they give you different answers for everything... :rolleyes2

I believe the rule is that unused credits expire at midnight on the day you check out, so if you're leaving on the 11th, you technically have the entire day to use any remaining credits before they expire that night at midnight. The way I understand it is the credits are based on the number of NIGHTS you are staying, not the number of days. So technically you have 6 days to use your 5 days (nights) worth of credits. Confusing? :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter