Is Disney Parks not casting character actors as much anymore?

DodgerGirl

Crazy For The Mandalorian
I heard that Disney Parks aren't casting character actors to play characters as much as they used to anymore and I want to know what the reason might be? Because I did hear that Disney Parks are experiencing a shortage of face character actors for playing face characters and that's why some things like shows and character dining haven't returned fully yet? You would think that with the parks busier than ever Disney Parks would cast more actors for characters and auditions for face characters because I think this is where Disney Parks Entertainment Division is their strongest link to get lots of money for the parks. I think that's why you don't see as many characters as you used to during every park visit and I think if Disney Parks held auditions for face characters and other characters it would bring the parks more money and that would be a miracle for them

I heard that Disney Parks aren't casting character actors to play characters as much as they used to anymore and I want to know what the reason might be? Because I did hear that Disney Parks are experiencing a shortage of face character actors for playing face characters and that's why some things like shows and character dining haven't returned fully yet? You would think that with the parks busier than ever Disney Parks would cast more actors for characters and auditions for face characters because I think this is where Disney Parks Entertainment Division is their strongest link to get lots of money for the parks. I think that's why you don't see as many characters as you used to during every park visit and I think if Disney Parks held auditions for face characters and other characters it would bring the parks more money and that would be a miracle for them
This past weekend, we saw a LOT of face characters. And all character dining has returned with the exception of Surf's Up in Paradise Grill.

Question is, how reliable is your source?
I question the reliability myself because shows are back, character dining is back, face characters are back. So I'm not sure what exactly is supposedly missing. Can you site examples?

This past weekend, we saw a LOT of face characters. And all character dining has returned with the exception of Surf's Up in Paradise Grill.
Wow, so Cinderella’s Royal Table Character Dining has returned….I was not aware of this. Great news.

I don't think ALL other meals are back though.
Not sure that 1900 Park Fare is back, is it?
Or Ohana Breakfast?
Or Tratoria Breakfast
I know most are but I'm not sure all but Surf's Up
I don't really do many character meals these days so I don't keep close watch on them so I may have missed these returns

It's been back. In the same exact format as it was? No. But the meal with characters in attendance yes.
Oh so it’s not back. Just checked Disney and it explicitly says the words “Character Dining is currently not available at this location”

The same partial experience put in place to distance for Covid protocols is not “back”.

Or Ohana Breakfast?
Or Tratoria Breakfast
I don't really do many character meals these days so I don't keep close watch on them so I may have missed these returns
My apologies, OP and I are west coast. At Disneyland, it is back, except dining at Paradise Pier.

Yes, more character dining is missing in WDW, though I had heard more were returning in the next few weeks.

Oh so it’s not back. Just checked Disney and it explicitly says the words “Character Dining is currently not available at this location”

The same partial experience put in place to distance for Covid protocols is not “back”.
there is a character there. So call it whatever you like

Or Ohana Breakfast?
Or Tratoria Breakfast
Ohana breakfast is coming back I believe I think that was announced when crystal palace characters were announced

That said I wonder if Florida isn’t casting as much especially when you look at the unique characters coming to Disneyland by comparison

Ohana breakfast is coming back I believe I think that was announced when crystal palace characters were announced

That said I wonder if Florida isn’t casting as much especially when you look at the unique characters coming to Disneyland by comparison
Is it related to fantasmic?
did I read that DL was returning it first?

Cinderella is in the lobby. No characters in the dining room.

Question is, how reliable is your source?
I question the reliability myself because shows are back, character dining is back, face characters are back. So I'm not sure what exactly is supposedly missing. Can you site examples?
Akershus and 1900 Park Fare are still not back, and unless I missed it, I haven't even seen a timeline on either.

Some characters are still missing. No word on Fairy Godmother in the MK.

Akershus and 1900 Park Fare are still not back, and unless I missed it, I haven't even seen a timeline on either.

Some characters are still missing. No word on Fairy Godmother in the MK.
Which I listed. Along with several others

It is more difficult to cast and keep face characters.
Disney is having to 'spread' them out or only have them at certain locations and times.

Characters that have not yet returned at the Magic Kingdom: Enchanted Tales with Belle; Arial at her Grotto; Disney Pals as Circus Stars at Pete's Silly Side Show; Tinker Belle at Town Square Theatre.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter