Is there really such a thing as PREMIUM DINNER vouchers?

dts718

Mouseketeer
On the budget board, I finally read the thread (thanks to you guys leading me that way ) about all the vouchers and it says something about dinner vouchers that disney put out that go for about $62.00? Sounds expensive, but I guess it depends what restaurants it for and what is included. Anyone know any info on these and where to purchase them. It seems that they are not available through connections or hotwire.
Thanks!

I have no idea, but I'll bump this back to page one for you.

This was all that was written about them on the Budget Board.

A Vacation Kingdom Dinner voucher was released by Disney, but is not sold by Connections, or any of the purchase sites listed. The price of this voucher is approx $62.00. In general these would not be cost effective.

Sounds like even if you did find out who sold them, it wouldn't be worth the cash.

We joined the hotwire savings club, and I know I didn't see them there.

I did a little searching around, just for the fun of it.

Mouseears has them as part of their Mousefest package - implying that Disney group sales still sells them. But I couldn't find any internet source for them except someone in the UK that sold them for around $82 U.S. I suspect they are too expensive for the brokers and they don't do a good enough business in them to make it worth their while.

Originally posted by two-foxes
This was all that was written about them on the Budget Board.

A Vacation Kingdom Dinner voucher was released by Disney, but is not sold by Connections, or any of the purchase sites listed. The price of this voucher is approx $62.00. In general these would not be cost effective.

Sounds like even if you did find out who sold them, it wouldn't be worth the cash.

We joined the hotwire savings club, and I know I didn't see them there.

As sad as it is, these actually could be somewhat cost effective at places such as the California Grill if you would order an appy and dessert. You'd only save about $5.00. Nothing to get super excited about, but a little savings. I would love to find these vouchers for other reasons though.

1. I could prepay from home.
2. I doubt once at Disney I would actually eat at the California Grill if I didn't have these vouchers already purchased. I know I'll talk myself out of spending that $270.00 (family of 4) once we'd get there. From home, it would come out of the family budget, not the Disney budget. Even if I managed to save the $270.00 for this meal, once at Disney, that money would then be part of our Disney budget money.

Yeah, I play lots of headgames with myself! I know though, without the voucher, we won't be eating here.

I, too, love to prepay prior to going. We had been fans of the gold/silver plans for that reason, but the plans (especially the silver) seem to be less cost effective as time goes on. (Plus, you get sick of eating with the gold....hard to imagine, I know!!!)

So, where can we get these mysterious dinner vouchers?!?!?!

(The question the OP asked, and I never answered!)

Hi guys, I'm glad to see there is finally some interest in this post! I had nearly given up hope. As N.Bailey said, I don't think there would be a ton of savings with these, but prepaying for them would force us to use them to the fullest advantage and it would be kind of fun knowing that we were going to totally pig out at one of the really expensive places at WDW!! The problem now is who knows if we'll ever find out where to purchase these!

Originally posted by crisi
I did a little searching around, just for the fun of it.

Mouseears has them as part of their Mousefest package - implying that Disney group sales still sells them. But I couldn't find any internet source for them except someone in the UK that sold them for around $82 U.S. I suspect they are too expensive for the brokers and they don't do a good enough business in them to make it worth their while.

Where did you find them for $82 even that would be cheaper for me since we are going to bistro de paris

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter