Is this quick solo trip plan of attack reasonable?

You might even consider checking FOP availability on your Hollywood Studios day too after you use up your FPs there before you hop to Epcot; if you can get something at AK, you could switch out Epcot for AK, and do Epcot after MK instead.

That would absolutely work and hadn't even occurred to me! Honestly that may even work better. I always think of HS/Epcot together because using Disney transportation it's a nice connection- but since I'll be driving in this case, that's irrelevant.

I just went into the app and selected Modify on one of my fp's and there is no option to select a different park. Same on the website.

It doesn't work if modifying a FP. But you can still look at other parks for the same day. At least I've been able to on the app many times. On the app, you can go to get fastpass+ and choose the day and park (as though you don't already have fastpasses for that day). It will give you a warning that you already have fastpasses for that day at another park, but you can simply continue through this and still view the available fastpasses at another park. It doesn't cancel anything at the first park until you actually select and confirm a fastpass at the new park.

I just did this on the app and it worked fine - not sure if it works the same way on the website.

I just went into the app and selected Modify on one of my fp's and there is no option to select a different park. Same on the website.
You can't modify, that won't work. You have to go in like you're adding a brand new FP. It will give you a warning, but you just click through and back out if you don't like what you see.

The beach does have audio, but it is not very loud if that is an issue for you. I think the CG first/saving receipt strategy might be a good one though.

Yeah, that is how it has always worked for me too--no visibility into other park FPs unless you cancel what you have. I wonder if the pp who said you can modify to a new park without cancelling was referring to same day FPs, which work a little differently than the three you can book in advance. Once you have used your pre-booked FPs at the first park, you can book the fourth/fifth/sixth etc. at any park. We often do this when park hopping. You might even consider checking FOP availability on your Hollywood Studios day too after you use up your FPs there before you hop to Epcot; if you can get something at AK, you could switch out Epcot for AK, and do Epcot after MK instead.
Nope, not same day. See above, works every time for me.

The beauty of a solo trip is to do whatever you feel like. I would make some loose plans with FP in the am and then just go with it. Grab whatever FP interests you from there. I think there is a decent chance you could get a single FP for FOP day of if you play fastpass roulette enough. If not, I would probably wait in line. It is worth it and the theming is great. Also, if you have never seen Happily Ever After, I recommend taking the time to go to MK in the evening and staking out a spot to watch in front of the castle. Grab a snack and sit and people watch until it starts. HEA is my favorite thing at the parks right now.

I hope you have a great trip!

Also, if you have never seen Happily Ever After, I recommend taking the time to go to MK in the evening and staking out a spot to watch in front of the castle. Grab a snack and sit and people watch until it starts. HEA is my favorite thing at the parks right now.

Honestly, I'd love to- but with only two park evenings, I'm not sure how I'd fit it in. Especially given it's a solo trip, I'm really looking forward to an evening in World Showcase up through Illuminations. I know I want to spend some time in Pandora at night too, and right before closing might end up being my best bet for FoP. If I end up getting a FP for that, I could potentially hop back at the end of the AK day, but I think that may have to be a play-it-by-ear thing!

The beauty of a solo trip is to do whatever you feel like. I would make some loose plans with FP in the am and then just go with it. Grab whatever FP interests you from there. I think there is a decent chance you could get a single FP for FOP day of if you play fastpass roulette enough. If not, I would probably wait in line. It is worth it and the theming is great. Also, if you have never seen Happily Ever After, I recommend taking the time to go to MK in the evening and staking out a spot to watch in front of the castle. Grab a snack and sit and people watch until it starts. HEA is my favorite thing at the parks right now.

I hope you have a great trip!
Agree about HEA. I spent 2 days/nights solo in May and watched HEA both nights. I had full intentions on seeing Illuminations the 2nd night, but HEA is just that good I had to see it again (even though I had already seen it twice prior to that trip).

But with Illuminations ending next year, I could see wanting to see that if you may not get a chance to get back before it ends.

Agree about HEA. I spent 2 days/nights solo in May and watched HEA both nights. I had full intentions on seeing Illuminations the 2nd night, but HEA is just that good I had to see it again (even though I had already seen it twice prior to that trip).

But with Illuminations ending next year, I could see wanting to see that if you may not get a chance to get back before it ends.

It's partly that, and partly just that this will likely be my only solo trip for the foreseeable future, and spending a few hours in the evening exploring World Showcase isn't something I've been able to spend much time doing in the past when I've been more concerned with making sure whoever's with me is having fun. So I want to take advantage of things like that.

Since I'll likely be seeing HEA from outside the parks on night 2 and then doing MK/AK on night 3 (which has the best potential to squeeze in HEA if I can do it anywhere), I could always just try to get on FoP earlier in the day if at all possible (lucky FP find, just waiting in a long line if necessary, etc) and if I do that, free myself up to hop back to MK close to park closing. How early would I need to leave AK to get back to MK in time for a view of HEA that justifies that hop?

Edit: Of course, as soon as I say that, I realize the sun won't set until 6:30 so if I do want to see nighttime in Pandora, that's probably not going to work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter