It's a Jolly Holiday with LL. *FINISHED* Final Update on pg. 58.

As I was falling asleep last night I was thinking about that great binder you put together. I think I am going to have to attempt something like that. That's how I get myself to sleep at night, think about things related to my Disney Trip. :rotfl2:

:rotfl2: I do that, too! Only like TK, it's something along the lines of "Book AKL with the rebate money. Book AKL with the rebate money."

Me too! Except mine is usually the incoherent...book the Poly....book the Poly...(we're staying at the Pop) ;)

:rotfl2: I do that, too! Only like TK, it's something along the lines of "Book AKL with the rebate money. Book AKL with the rebate money."

I do that too! The ones we want to stay at are WL and Poly so I try to scheme about those or the characters I want to see or even the rides I want to go on. Oh and I obsess over my ADR's.

:lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao:

I do that too! The ones we want to stay at are WL and Poly so I try to scheme about those or the characters I want to see or even the rides I want to go on. Oh and I obsess over my ADR's.

I am so there with you. Although, not about the ADRs. I took as a sign when I was able to get everything I wanted, on the days I wanted, at pretty much the times I wanted, on the day of booking. Therefore, I am reluctant to change anything about them! :)

Sometimes I plot our path through the parks or think about what I am going to order at all the restaurants :).

Sometimes I plot our path through the parks or think about what I am going to order at all the restaurants :).

I totally think about what I'm going to order in advance. As a matter of fact, I think that with the exception of our buffets I know almost exactly what I'm eating! :lmao:

It's a sad, sad addiction.

The only ??? I have are dessert. I leave that to the discretion of the day...how it's going...what I feel like...you know...;)

I totally think about what I'm going to order in advance. As a matter of fact, I think that with the exception of our buffets I know almost exactly what I'm eating! :lmao:

It's a sad, sad addiction.

The only ??? I have are dessert. I leave that to the discretion of the day...how it's going...what I feel like...you know...;)

I'm glad I am not the only one. It helps knowing. I have only changed one ADR. I had booked all of mine before I found the DIS so I am on ADR overload trying decide. My biggest question is Le Cellier. I was so psyched to try it and now the menu change...ehhh. :confused:

I'm glad I am not the only one. It helps knowing. I have only changed one ADR. I had booked all of mine before I found the DIS so I am on ADR overload trying decide. My biggest question is Le Cellier. I was so psyched to try it and now the menu change...ehhh. :confused:

I had Le Cellier for lunch and cancelled it. I was not really interested in the lunch menu, and could not get a dinner ressie. Boy, did I have the CM :lmao: over that one. You want to do what? :rotfl:

I had Le Cellier for lunch and cancelled it. I was not really interested in the lunch menu, and could not get a dinner ressie. Boy, did I have the CM :lmao: over that one. You want to do what? :rotfl:

Well I have a dinner ressie and I think I might cancel it....:confused3 Sometimes I look at my list of ADR's and love it and other times I look at it and wonder if I am making the right decisions. DF is no help, he wants me to do whatever I want for this trip. I think it's his way of making up for all the wedding planning stress. That is how I got him to agree to Mary Poppins! I am still working on the Halloween costumes.

The next great debate in planning this trip was where to stay....
We knew we wanted to stay on property. This was non-negotiable. I have never stayed on property and wanted too. Previously, I have stayed at a RV Campsite, a hotel in Kissimee that I can't remember the name of. Courtyard Marriott and Sheraton Safari. I loved Sheraton Safari, the bed was amazing and I loved their pool, but their bus system was awful. Granted I was there three years ago so maybe it has changed.

DF and I both really want to stay at the Wilderness Lodge. It looks so beautiful and very romantic. As we are treating this trip as an extension of our honeymoon. It's less than two months apart...it counts.
I have always had an obsession with Poly. I love that it is a monorail resort, that just says ultimate luxury to me.
I have read extremely good things about POFQ, especially reviews from couples who liked the romantic atmosphere.
Then there was POP. Out of all the Value Resorts, POP pulls at me. I love the theme and it's economic. Plus I had read great things about their bus service and as we are not renting a car this is key.

After much debate with DF we decided to go with Pop. We just couldn't justify the money this year, especially with our cruise to Bermuda. I do plan on exploring the other resorts to better research where I want to stay next and see if I think it's truly worth the money. It's hard to spend so much money when you could have two trips staying at POP or even POFQ. In my own humble opinion more Disney is better than less Disney.

Right now our reservation stands at August 30th - September 6th at Pop Century in a Preferred Room. DF wants a king size bed, personally I don't care. If there are two beds, I will be further away from his loud snoring. I wear ear plugs at night, truly it is that awful. I secretly love that he works overnight four nights a week, I sleep better. BUT in all fairness, I very much look forward to the nights that he is home. :hug:

Hey there!

I'm glad you picked Pop. I really think you'll enjoy it, it is a lot of fun. And since you wear earplugs and DH snores, you won't even hear if you have loud neighbors! :rotfl:

Seriously, we've stayed there for the past two years, and although I would love to justify more money on a different hotel, right now I can't. Not when Pop is so much fun.

And the all important slushie Coke machine. ;)

Hey there!

I'm glad you picked Pop. I really think you'll enjoy it, it is a lot of fun. And since you wear earplugs and DH snores, you won't even hear if you have loud neighbors! :rotfl:

Seriously, we've stayed there for the past two years, and although I would love to justify more money on a different hotel, right now I can't. Not when Pop is so much fun.

And the all important slushie Coke machine. ;)

Reading your thoughts on Pop these last few weeks make me even more comfortable with our choice. There are other things I would like to do on this trip that I can use the money for and at the end of the day it really is a place to sleep and swim.
Ear plugs are the most wonderful bestest things ever. I just started wearing them a few weeks ago and I sleep so much better when he is home. I don't wear them when he's working only when he's here. They are cute too, hot pink and yellow all swirled. :laughing: I want to get myself a little case for them for our trips. :lmao:
I keep forgetting to tell him about the slushie Coke machine, I think he will be excited. I know I am.

Hi! I just found your TR. Your wedding and cruise sound awesome but I"m a little partial to your Diney vacation! :)
I agree with you that more Disney is better than one BIG Disney. We had to cancel our WL vacation in 2006 and haven't been able to book back there again. We did POP last year and this year will be POFQ. I'll make it to the WL someday!
I was really nervous to try the POP last year but we did have a King bed room and it was really nice. The one bed made the room a lot more spacious.

Hi! I just found your TR. Your wedding and cruise sound awesome but I"m a little partial to your Diney vacation! :)
I'm a little partial to my trip to Disney as well. :rotfl:

I agree with you that more Disney is better than one BIG Disney. We had to cancel our WL vacation in 2006 and haven't been able to book back there again. We did POP last year and this year will be POFQ. I'll make it to the WL someday!
I was really nervous to try the POP last year but we did have a King bed room and it was really nice. The one bed made the room a lot more spacious.
Good to know. I am excited. Even though it is a value resort, at least for me it's an upgrade from staying off property. I can't wait! :woohoo: I will be surrounded by the magic 24/7 while I am there. I am also secretly hoping for some towel animals...... :rolleyes1

I got awesome towel animals/decorations from Mousekeeping when at Pop last year. If I can find the pics, I'll upload them for you. They were really adorable, and it was totally geared towards DS.

I have, however, gotten them before we had him, too, so there is hope for you! :goodvibes

I got awesome towel animals/decorations from Mousekeeping when at Pop last year. If I can find the pics, I'll upload them for you. They were really adorable, and it was totally geared towards DS.

I have, however, gotten them before we had him, too, so there is hope for you! :goodvibes

Oooh I hope you find the pics, I want to see them.

:wave: Hi honey, just popped over from Tarzanskat's PTR and I'm all caught up. It's so nice to put faces to names...your DF and you make a lovely couple and your hair doo from the hair trial was gorgeous. Add me to you list of new loyal fans:flower3:

:wave: Hi honey, just popped over from Tarzanskat's PTR and I'm all caught up. It's so nice to put faces to names...your DF and you make a lovely couple and your hair doo from the hair trial was gorgeous. Add me to you list of new loyal fans:flower3:

Yay! Weclome. :banana: I have loyal fans, I feel so special.

I was unsure of the hair. My mom did it for me, after seeing the pictures I like it better. It felt weird on Saturday though, we went out to lunch and then to florist and I felt like I had this fancy pants hair do with no place to go!

Before I go into my ADR's, I must take a moment to complain. About my cat. Ugh. Sulley is being a pain in the you know what. He won't leave alone. He literally was just laying across my arms while I was typing. I finally just scooted him and he goes to lay on the boxes of wedding stuff, knocking everything that was on top of the box. I think his co-dependency stems from us leaving him alone overnight on Friday. I shudder to think how he will be when we are away for the cruise and Disney. I even tripped over him last night when I got up to blow my nose for the 50th time. Good thing he is cute.

Back to why I am posting this.....ADR'S!
First, I am going to tell you what I have scheduled. Then I am going to tell you my concerns and then you are all going to help me. Deal? Deal. :thumbsup2

We have chosen to go with the Deluxe DP. DF and I like to eat, look at our pictures people. Also, I think it will be good for us with the breaks during the days. I am liking the fact that all I have to worry about is the tip and I won't have to worry about how many credits we have left, and it's prepaid for.

::::::Drumroll Please::::::

Saturday August 30th:
Rose & Crown Pub @ 8PM
We are arriving today, hopefully early morning flight so I am hoping to get some of Epcot in.
Sunday August 31st
Artist Point @ 5:30PM
I am so excited to eat here and I don't even know why. I also want to take a boat ride over to MK after dinner.
Monday September 1st
Garden Grill @ 11:10AM
I am not so sure about this one. I'm iffy.
Brown Derby @ 5:10PM
Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait. We are doing the dinner package for the seating for Fantasmic as well, that's why so early.
Tuesday September 2nd
Kona Cafe @ 9:20AM
I am trying to talk DF to get the Tonga Toast so I can get those yummy pineapple/macadamia pancakes and then share. Originally we were going to do the Ohana Best Friends Breakfast because I love Stitch but the pancakes were calling my name.
Coral Reef @ 4:30PM
I did this on the earlier side so we could maybe go to DTD that night. Plus after indulging in those pancakes, I probably won't need lunch.
Wednesday September 3rd
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!
Cinderella's Royal Table @ 8PM
The Mother Lode if you will for my birthday celebration. I can't wait, every time I think about it I get giddy and teary all at the same time.
Thursday September 4th
50's Prime Time Cafe @ 12:15PM
Iffy about this one as well. I like the concept but am not too sure about the food choices.
Le Cellier @ 8:05PM
I am really considering canceling this one because I am not happy with the menu changes. Granted, I have never been there before but it doesn't sound as appealing to me anymore.
Friday September 5th
1900 Park Fare @ 9:55PM.
I can't wait to eat with Mary Poppins!
Saturday September 6th
Nothing is planned, not sure what time our flight will leave.

Thoughts? Questions? Concerns?
The ADR's are the most iffy part of my planning. I am not confident in all of my decisions yet. I have only ever done counter service while at the parks so I feel like I am hitting the jackpot and enjoying some of the dining experiences offered is important to me.
Does anyone have any advice or suggestions? Places you can't stand or places you dream about?

:thumbsup2
First, I am going to tell you what I have scheduled. Then I am going to tell you my concerns and then you are all going to help me. Deal? Deal. :thumbsup2

Deal!

::::::Drumroll Please::::::

Saturday August 30th:
Rose & Crown Pub @ 8PM
We are arriving today, hopefully early morning flight so I am hoping to get some of Epcot in.
Been a long time since we've been here but we really enjoyed this meal.
Sunday August 31st
Artist Point @ 5:30PM
I am so excited to eat here and I don't even know why. I also want to take a boat ride over to MK after dinner.
We stayed at WL last summer, we didn't try this restaurant due to the wildness of DD2:rolleyes1 , but the surrounding are gorgeous and the menu looks equally so. One of my favourite parts of staying at the WL was the boat ride back to the resort at night:cloud9:
Monday September 1st
Garden Grill @ 11:10AM
I am not so sure about this one. I'm iffy.
Brown Derby @ 5:10PM
Never eaten at either so would be interested in people's opinions too
Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait. We are doing the dinner package for the seating for Fantasmic as well, that's why so early.
Tuesday September 2nd
Kona Cafe @ 9:20AM
I am trying to talk DF to get the Tonga Toast so I can get those yummy pineapple/macadamia pancakes and then share. Originally we were going to do the Ohana Best Friends Breakfast because I love Stitch but the pancakes were calling my name. Were we separated at birth? I've had the exact same thoughts about Kona breakfast, again never eaten here
Coral Reef @ 4:30PM
Never tried this either....I'm not much use really am I:sad2:
I did this on the earlier side so we could maybe go to DTD that night. Plus after indulging in those pancakes, I probably won't need lunch.
Wednesday September 3rd
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!
Cinderella's Royal Table @ 8PM
The Mother Lode if you will for my birthday celebration. I can't wait, every time I think about it I get giddy and teary all at the same time.
LOVE IT, LOVE IT:love:
Thursday September 4th
50's Prime Time Cafe @ 12:15PM
Iffy about this one as well. I like the concept but am not too sure about the food choices.
We enjoyed this meal and loved the fun
Le Cellier @ 8:05PM
I'm a bit unsure about booking this as I'm scared that after all the hype I may be disappointed....I hate to be disappointed;)
I am really considering canceling this one because I am not happy with the menu changes. Granted, I have never been there before but it doesn't sound as appealing to me anymore.
Friday September 5th
1900 Park Fare @ 9:55PM.
Only done dinner there but we loved it. Hope Mary looks after you honey:flower3:
I can't wait to eat with Mary Poppins!
Saturday September 6th
Nothing is planned, not sure what time our flight will leave.

We really loved the buffet breakfast at Cape May Cafe, the food was good, fresh and plentiful and the character interaction was the best that trip...just a wee suggestion

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter