It's a Marshmallow World...at New Year's!The End! Future trip?? 7.21.14 Update

Three updates in one week!!! Okay so pick yourself up off the floor and read on!! :laughing:

Park #2: EPCOT!!! And lunch!!​

After having a few fun hours in Animal Kingdom we were getting a little hungry and decided to head to Epcot for Park #2 and also for lunch! We hop on a bus bound for Epcot and before we know it we are there!!

It was still poncho wearing weather!

It seems a lot of people were determined to ride Spaceship Earth...that line still baffles me!! Not due to the ride being bad but I always walk up. Plus...wait just a second for more park pictures! Is EVERYONE at Spaceship Earth?!

The day was still pretty rainy and at this point it was really wetter than at Animal Kingdom!

Yep...apparently the whole Epcot guest population had felt the need to queue up at Spaceship Earth!

Mickey and Minnie!!

Poinsettias...I wonder how many of these plants Disney has! I need to "Google it" as Keith tells me constantly! :laughing: But seriously there were poinsettias everywhere...at the parks, at the resorts....everywhere!!!! Beautiful and festive plants!!

At this point we were just walking through the park since we had World Showcase in our destination sight!

The rain began falling a little harder so we decided to take the friendship boat across the lake.

Continued in the following post...

Madison and I had a very important store in mind!

Oh how I adore the caramel shop in Germany!!! There are so many delicious options it is hard to choose!! This is what we got:

The milk chocolate with sea salt is simply divine!!

This was Madison's so I'm not sure what this one is:

Rice Krispie Treat:

Caramel Corn...probably some of the best... EVER!!

While we were shopping, Keith and Chris had gone ahead to the restaurant to see if we could get a walk-up table since we didn't have an ADR. We were hopeful since it was rainy and the park was so empty!!

I love the little seasonal details Disney puts everywhere! I lingered a little too long in Germany...

Because as we are admiring the trains in Germany, I get this text:

Apparently Keith and Chris scored us a table!!! (all good natured of course!!)

So Madison and I hurry off. There was a brief wait so I snapped a few pictures!

Notice Chris on the phone...told you he was constantly on the phone!! :laughing:

Guess you figured out we were at Via Napoli!!!

While we waited, I was outside trying to contact Disney Reservations. Keith wanted to see if we could switch our night plans. I had reservations for Whispering Canyon but he had other thoughts. My concern is the whole cancellation policy. I contact the 800 number and am told you are out of luck...not an option but I could agree to pay the $40 and make the switch. Not happening!! I go back in and tell Keith what I was told. over lunch we discuss it and I decide we will go talk to someone in Guest Relations. Had I known what I found out at Guest Relations, we could have taken care of everything right there at Via Napoli!!
So here is a tip for anyone that doesn't know this!! If you choose to try and change an ADR within the 24 hour period, simply go to ANY table service restaurant podium. They can cancel the ADR and make a new ADR for the restaurant of your choosing (well if there is a time available!). I can't remember why GR can't do this but I will say that the restaurant we went to was SO HELPFUL!!! They were great and I'll cover that later! (Can't give away the future posts, right?!)

So back to Via Napoli, we were seated within 10 minutes and soon we were looking over the menu although we really knew our choice.

We had a pretty good table...

And soon this masterpiece was brought out!

Deliciousness!! Via Napoli has spoiled me! I used to love pizza night at home...no cooking! But no one around here has pizza anywhere close to Via Napoli!!

After lunch is over, we walk around World Showcase some more.

The tree in American Adventure was awesome!

I loved the fruit and the lanterns...so colonial!!

Our time at Epcot was winding down and we were ready to move on to other adventures!!

Haha, I was actually going to comment on 3 updates in one week. But you beat me to it.

You can usually tell the Disney newbees just by seeing if they hit SE right after entering Epcot. Vets tend to know the line will be gone later.

Is it just me, or does the term "Google It" sound naughty?

:rotfl2: at the text!! Especially the "Ugh" at the end. THAT is the highlight.

Haha, I was actually going to comment on 3 updates in one week. But you beat me to it.

You can usually tell the Disney newbees just by seeing if they hit SE right after entering Epcot. Vets tend to know the line will be gone later.

Is it just me, or does the term "Google It" sound naughty?

I may never think of this the same way again! :lmao:

:rotfl2: at the text!! Especially the "Ugh" at the end. THAT is the highlight.

HaHa I was just so impressed with myself...and maybe a little scared too! :rotfl:

I guess the big ball is just so enticing!

Those texts came within seconds of each other...it is definitely Keith's personality!

Mmmmm.....Via Napoli. So yummy! I could go for some right now. Who cares that is almost 1 am here. :rotfl2:

Glad y'all were able to get a walk-up table. I didn't book us there for October but then I had regret & ended up making a lunch ADR there for one day. :rotfl: It's just too delicious! ::yes::

Mmmmm.....Via Napoli. So yummy! I could go for some right now. Who cares that is almost 1 am here. :rotfl2:

Glad y'all were able to get a walk-up table. I didn't book us there for October but then I had regret & ended up making a lunch ADR there for one day. :rotfl: It's just too delicious! ::yes::

I totally know what you mean! I wrote that review and I am now rethinking my having not made an ADR for this next trip! Amazingly this is the third time we have gotten a walk-up lunch ADR here!!

Beach Club and a Chocolate Carousel!

We left Epcot for Hollywood Studios after eating lunch and as we neared the boat dock, I took charge and did what I should have done when we missed seeing the gingerbread house at The Grand Floridian. I suggested that we walk over to The Beach Club so we could see the chocolate carousel. We take off on foot and before we know it we have the Beach Club in our sights!

We go inside the lobby area the carousel was right in the center! Keith and Chris stood off to the side as they had done with most of the Christmas sights but at least there wasn't any complaints! We spent about 15 minutes admiring the carousel:

And of course there has to be Disney characters!

The lobby was so pretty all decked out for the holidays!

We then made our way back outside and towards the boat launch. The lampposts were decorated so cute in their nautical theme!!

On our way to the boat launch I spotted these palm trees:

And a hidden Mickey! So I wonder if this was planned or not...anyone know? But it was perfect against the gray skies!!

We had a bit of a wait for the boat to come along so we entertained ourselves taking pictures:

Park #3: Hollywood Studios!

Before we knew it we were landing at DHS and this was the park for the day's FPP!

We entered the park at 2:45 pm so we had most of the afternoon ahead of us!

At this point Keith was opting out of FPP #1 so he went to Guest Services to find out about the ADR for the night. This is also the point where he learned about going to the podium at any table service. Guest Services could have made the change but when he stopped by the one I had seen on MDE was taken. Going to any TS restaurant means you do not have to go all the way back to Guest Services!!

While Keith is doing this task, the kids and I head off to my favorite ride!!

After that fun ride, we made our way outside...love the details Disney puts into everything!!

We meet back up with Keith and head to one of his favorite attractions!

My scores aren't ever anything to boast about but at least I beat Madison!!

And of course Keith gets best in vehicle...as always!!

One last photo while waiting to unload and FPP #2 is in the history books!!

I took this one just because I can...plus I really like the art work!

At this point I see on the MDE app that there is an opening at the restaurant we wish to change to so I go to Hollywood Brown Derby and request the change. SUPER nice and helpful CMs. We had Whispering Canyon cancelled and a new ADR booked within minutes!! Then it was time for FPP #3!!

We had chosen another ride Keith would be sitting out on:

He just cannot do the motion on Star Tours:

After we finished this ride, Madison and Chris went back to the room so she could change shoes. All of the rain was beginning to rub blisters on her feet.

Trying to determine just what to do, I occupy the time with photos!!

So while they went off to POP Keith and I made our way back to a new find!

The show was once again amazing. One of the skits they built off of audience participation. The question was: "What was the worst Christmas gift you've received?" The man rose his hand and they called on him...I'm sure they wish they'd chosen someone else because his worst gift? A salmon tower...what on earth?!?!?!?

Once the show is over, we exit and Keith gets a phone call from an employee. His son was in a serious car wreck...okay but lots of injuries. It has almost become a joke that when Keith goes on vacation, something major will happen or someone quits. Over spring break we were headed home from Tennessee when he got a quit text...literally!! "I'm giving my two weeks notice"...what is with people?!?

Anyway, at this point I didn't know what the call was about so I occupied my time:

We make our way out of DHS and to the bus stop...we are about to meet up with Madison and Chris at our next destination, but this is also where things go downhill....

That chocolate carousel is so pretty! And I love the Hidden Mickey palm trees.

Y'all were having quite a successful day...even getting in some headliners @ DHS. And being able to make an ADR switch. :thumbsup2 I'm worried though to hear how it went downhill.....:confused:

Good call on visiting the Beach Club. Disney really does a lovely job with the resort decorating.

Oh wow, Hidden Mickey Palm Trees! I have no idea if that was on purpose, but it certainly wouldn't surprise me. Regardless, nice catch!!

Oy I know that feeling of having wet feet. Honestly nothing worse. Nice to be able to go back and change.

Oh No... downhill??? I don't like the sound of that.

That chocolate carousel is so pretty! And I love the Hidden Mickey palm trees.

Y'all were having quite a successful day...even getting in some headliners @ DHS. And being able to make an ADR switch. :thumbsup2 I'm worried though to hear how it went downhill.....:confused:

For as busy as NYE was, NY Day was almost as slow! And getting in those headliners was thanks to FPP...which is one reason I really liked the new system! Yea...downhill...it won't take long in the next post!

Good call on visiting the Beach Club. Disney really does a lovely job with the resort decorating.

Oh wow, Hidden Mickey Palm Trees! I have no idea if that was on purpose, but it certainly wouldn't surprise me. Regardless, nice catch!!

Oy I know that feeling of having wet feet. Honestly nothing worse. Nice to be able to go back and change.

Oh No... downhill??? I don't like the sound of that.

The more I go to Beach Club the more I like this resort! I think I can find Hidden Mickeys in the strangest things! :goodvibes

I hope to update very soon and the downhill part comes pretty early!! :rolleyes:

You made a good choice in going to see the Christmas decorations and the caroussel. They are so pretty!

From looking at your pictures, Hollywood Studios looks busy but no busier than when we go over Memorial Day. Am I wrong?

WOW! Lots of people in WS.
The fireworks looked great. I liked the spot. You had.
Those crowds are crazy.
Love Landscapes of Flavor. The Surf & Surf burger is my favorite.
Nice photos around the resort.
Brave doing Epcot or any Disney on New Years Eve.
That is funny about the time pics. I just do screen captures of my phone.
Looks like fun despite the rain.
2 parks so far and that is good considering the rain.
Love the Karamel shop. I could gain 20 lbs just from walking inside. LOl.
I need to try Via Napoli.
I love the chocolate carousel.
Nice pic on TOT.
I got a laid off text from my previous job. We all did.
Oh no! Downhill sounds bad.
All caught up again.

You made a good choice in going to see the Christmas decorations and the caroussel. They are so pretty!

From looking at your pictures, Hollywood Studios looks busy but no busier than when we go over Memorial Day. Am I wrong?

I loved all of the decorations! So pretty!!

Honestly, the crowds weren't that bad and after going Memorial Day weekend and mid-July...mid-July was the worst crowd wise. So you were right! :thumbsup2

WOW! Lots of people in WS.
The fireworks looked great. I liked the spot. You had.
Those crowds are crazy.
Love Landscapes of Flavor. The Surf & Surf burger is my favorite.

Oh that sounds good! Need to try it!

Nice photos around the resort.
Brave doing Epcot or any Disney on New Years Eve.

I think they should sell t-shirts: "I did NYE at Disney and Survived!"
That is funny about the time pics. I just do screen captures of my phone.

Good idea!! :thumbsup2

Looks like fun despite the rain.
2 parks so far and that is good considering the rain.
Love the Karamel shop. I could gain 20 lbs just from walking inside. LOl.

Me too!! :rotfl:

I need to try Via Napoli.
I love the chocolate carousel.
Nice pic on TOT.
I got a laid off text from my previous job. We all did.

Seriously!? That is just cowardly! :(

Oh no! Downhill sounds bad.
All caught up again.

Thanks for all the comments! :goodvibes Yes, the downhill part is coming up!

You know that sick feeling when you type out the entire rest of your trip report...all the way to the end and then close your browser meaning starting over? Yea, that's me right now! So I am not redoing it to the very end...you will now get it in parts! :sad2:

So far our day had been pretty successful despite the rain! We had been to Park #1 Animal Kingdom, Park #2 Epcot, and Park #3 Hollywood Studios. To complete our 4 parks in 1 day we only lack Magic Kingdom!

4 Parks in 1 Day?? Maybe...Maybe Not!

Our original plan was to head off to Wilderness Lodge and eat at Whispering Canyon Cafe. This would be a first for us and afterwards it would be to MK we go! But Keith is a tried it and liked it kind of guy and wanted the last meal to be at Epcot. So we had made the switch and we had 7:45 pm ADRs and then we planned to head to MK to see Wishes!

Keith and I arrived at Epcot and the clouds reflected the light for a weird affect:

Keith and I waited by the fountain for Madison and Chris to make it back from the resort. While we waited I took pictures. Anyone surprised by this at this point in the TR...well, I am shocked!! :lmao:

Madison and Chris make it back and as we head off into Epcot, Keith tried to throw Madison over the bridge railing!

A poor attempt at a monorail picture!

Then it was into World Showcase we went! I always try to take a picture of every country we walk through and since sometimes I was literally walking and it is night...well let's say they don't always come out perfect!

First up is Canada and we stopped to watch "O Canada" here! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this movie!! It makes me want to go to Canada every.single.time!!! Great tourism promotion there!!

Then England...

And into France...

And Morocco...

Japan...

America...

Italy...

Germany...

China...

Norway...

We made stops in a few countries to make a few purchases and the crowds were so much better than the previous night!!!

Then it was time to head back for our ADR!!! So to Germany we go! Biergarten!!

We check in and the wait winds up being 30-40 minutes. I had not been feeling well and thought it was due to hunger. By the time we are seated, I am really not feeling well and think I need food in me. So I head off and get bread and soup. After eating that I felt slightly better and thought a plate would be okay.

When we were seated the final show was wrapping up:

And the family we were seated with was not very talkative but I felt terrible so it really worked for me! I felt so bad when the waitress asked if the food was not okay because this plate:

Looked just like that when we left. I got the food, sat down and could not look at it without getting even more sick. We finished up and headed out of the park. And me not being in my right mind meant that I didn't realize we were going through Italy...America...not the shorter route through Mexico. When we got to Morocco, I seriously thought I could lie down and let someone come carry me away. I had no idea how I was going to make it to the bus stop. I seriously felt terrible!!!! I wanted to cry because I didn't want my last night to end like this!! I didn't get to eat, I didn't get to go to MK, I didn't get to see Wishes except through Ohana's windows...it was just not how I wanted the trip to end!!

Never the less...I made it back to the resort, took some meds, climbed in bed and collapsed. The kids went to DTD to get ice cream from Ghiradelli and I slept...and our 4 park in 1 day streak came to a screeching halt!

Thankfully, the following morning, I awoke and felt better! I had a 12 hour drive ahead of us and feeling ill would not have been the way to do that!!

Well, next time, our travels home because we still have things to do and my wrap up. It was all here before and now since I have to redo it...well, you get two posts and a delay in the end! :upsidedow

I, for one, am happy for the delay ending because I don't want your TR to end! :(

The pics around the World Showcase at night are so pretty. That's my favorite time to be in the WS.

So sorry you didn't feel well though!! :worried: It's never any fun being sick like that but especially on vacation and then on your last night. :headache: Glad you did feel better in the morning at least. That would have made a long, miserable trip home.

ETA: I know you had to be bummed about the 4 parks, 1 day streak coming to a halt. But, that's just one more reason to go back again. Got to get the streak back going! LOL!

Oh No!!!!!! I have to admit (thankfully) to never having to rewrite a post. I'd be way to scared of that happening so I always write everything in Word and copy/paste.

Wow, Epcot did have a pretty cool looking vibe that night.

All I can say is thank goodness for Martin Short. We could not ask for a better ambassador.

Double oh no at getting sick. So sorry you didn't make the 4 parks 1 day. I know this is pretty much tradition.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter