It's a Marshmallow World...at New Year's!The End! Future trip?? 7.21.14 Update

I think the FP is designed to allow five minutes early and fifteen minutes late. I could be wrong though.

Despite what I felt was a little underwhelming overlay I still enjoyed the Jingle Cruise, especially at night. how can anyone resist those jokes???

I think you should take a girls only trip. I bet you discover things you never knew existed.

YOU HAVE TO RIDE THE PEOPLEMOVER!!!!!!!!

I'm excited to hear about your NYE. I've been in MK once for NYE, and it was... interesting, lol.

That Jingle Cruise sign was too cute! I loved being able to see it!

I'm glad to hear the Christmas portion of the Jungle Cruise improved over time! When my mom and I went it was right when they switched over and they were apologizing for not being quite ready :laughing: It's good that they got their groove after a couple months. Hopefully they have the script ready for this year if they change it over again!

Ohana is a family favorite for mine as well!

When your family gets tired from walking all day suggest the People Mover :thumbsup2 I actually think Keith would enjoy just sitting down for a bit and relaxing :goodvibes

Great update but I am sorry you missed out on GF and FITS!

Finally we all find each other again (thank goodness for texting!!) and Keith is ready to go. Chris and I wanted to see the fireworks which is only 20-30 minutes away but Keith could careless. Madison is just sleepy (she is a early to bed/early to rise person). We considered Chris and me hanging back but in the end we all left, so I missed GF and FITS tonight...oh well, means a return trip is due!! :rolleyes:
Time to synchronize our calendars! We're just going to have to plan our trips at the same time! If your DH Keith and my DW Grace are tired and want to call it a night, any of our kids that want to, you and I will just stay until closing! :banana: :rotfl:

I think the FP is designed to allow five minutes early and fifteen minutes late. I could be wrong though.

Despite what I felt was a little underwhelming overlay I still enjoyed the Jingle Cruise, especially at night. how can anyone resist those jokes???

I think you should take a girls only trip. I bet you discover things you never knew existed.

YOU HAVE TO RIDE THE PEOPLEMOVER!!!!!!!!

I'm excited to hear about your NYE. I've been in MK once for NYE, and it was... interesting, lol.

Good to know on FP! I'm thinking I knew that but it got filed so far back in my brain that I forgot! :upsidedow

I'm going to make an effort to ride The Peoplemover!!!

I can only imagine MK on NYE!! :scared:

That Jingle Cruise sign was too cute! I loved being able to see it!

I'm glad to hear the Christmas portion of the Jungle Cruise improved over time! When my mom and I went it was right when they switched over and they were apologizing for not being quite ready :laughing: It's good that they got their groove after a couple months. Hopefully they have the script ready for this year if they change it over again!

Ohana is a family favorite for mine as well!

When your family gets tired from walking all day suggest the People Mover :thumbsup2 I actually think Keith would enjoy just sitting down for a bit and relaxing :goodvibes

Great update but I am sorry you missed out on GF and FITS!

I read your recap of The Jungle Cruise right before I posted and thought the same thing! Maybe it was a slow moving groove!

I'm just counting all these things I missed as great reasons to return!!

Time to synchronize our calendars! We're just going to have to plan our trips at the same time! If your DH Keith and my DW Grace are tired and want to call it a night, any of our kids that want to, you and I will just stay until closing! :banana: :rotfl:

I could stay opening to closing most times! I'm always on go! No one else ever seems to be though! :rolleyes: Free Dining is off the table now with wrong October dates and no POR/POFQ so now waiting for 14/15 military discounts to see if changing dates are an option. Only way FD is on is if (big if!) CBR can be booked cheaper than what I have now.

New Year's Eve...Let the Games Begin!!​

When we first began planning this trip and knowing we would be there in what I term THE WORST POSSIBLE WEEK E.V.E.R!!!!, I knew some planning and plotting would be needed! I would never attempt this if it were my first time to Disney! This I say BEFORE and AFTER my trip! I think we would definitely have deemed Disney a miserable beast!! :lmao:

Crowds...long lines...couldn't do everything...rude people...oh, so expensive...parks closing...not being able to walk up and get an ADR...

Yea...it would have been terrible!!

But let's back track a little. It can be like that anytime you go to Disney if you don't do a little research and have a game plan. (Well, unless you're lucky enough to go when crowd levels are the lowest!) And you could say that if you go with a closed mind. How many people go into any vacation thinking they aren't going to have fun? It is what you make of it! Agree??

So back to my planning for this trip! By the time I knew this was the week, we were well past the 180 day mark. But we got to eat at all of the places we wanted, including Ohana!! So that's not too shabby.

While planning and plotting, I knew 1) No to MK this day! It is Keith's least favorite park and I'd seen pictures of crowds in previous years plus it usually is the first park to close to capacity...so No!, 2) I chose no ADR since we just weren't sure of our plans 100% or what if what we planned didn't work out? I didn't feel like forking over $40 for indecision, 3) get to the parks early, take a blanket for napping on the public grass, and prepare for craziness. That did not sound like fun so leaving the parks would be our option! and 4) Be open minded because we know it is a busy day, we know people could be rude, we know parks can close, we know!!! BE OPEN MINDED and GO WITH THE FLOW!!

So with my research, planning, plotting and scheming,and pep talks to the troops over it was time to begin NEW YEAR'S EVE and THE FINAL DAY of 2013!!!

It's 10:30 AM NYE...Now What!?!?

We decided that our first park to attempt would be Hollywood Studios. Due to the relatively late night the previous night, we were lazy getting up and going. This probably wasn't a good idea on NYE, but it was our vacation and we weren't rushed. Plus, we may have been slightly afraid what we would encounter once we left the safe combines of POP Century!

Madison was ready first. This is amazing, simply amazing since usually we are always waiting on her to finish getting ready! So while she waited on us, she went for a stroll and took a few pictures.

Here's her photos:

I'm not entirely sure why she chose 1967...not significant to anyone in my family!

And soon we were on the bus! While on the bus, we discussed our plans. I had FPP for Epcot that included Soarin' and two other attractions we may have cared less about. I attempted to change since the kids wanted RnR and the wait had been terrible. I logged onto MDE with little expectations due to the latest of the morning AND it was NYE! But this is what I got it changed to!:

This also meant that Soarin' would be a no go this trip. Disappointing since I do love this ride...black specks and all. I am super excited about the rumors of new filming taking place!

I made one more tweak to the ToT time and this was our FPP plans for the day! (I'll also add I am super glad Disney actually listened to guests and have since made changes to the FPP system. I liked FPP and MDE over this trip but the things they fixed were my biggest complaints so a BIG SHOUT-OUT to Disney Execs!! :thumbsup2)

I get these changes made and I'm extremely pleased due to NYE and the time! 10:30 AM and you are just now getting to a park!? Wow!!

A quick stop by the Christmas tree:

To the gates we go:

And a quick note of the time (this is Central and I don't bother fixing my watch):

The crowds look to be in full affect!!

We made our way toward the hat and caught a radio show in action!

And of course it was great as usual. And then the "now what?!" question was raised!

Well it is close to lunch! So we head here:

All of us ordered burgers in some fashion. This place is decent enough. I used to avoid counter service at DHS like the plague but ABC seems to be fairly consistent and filling. Not amazing but good enough! Plus there's lots of indoor seating!!

Madison and I got these cuties for dessert. They were gingerbread and tasted okay.

Chris' dessert:

And Keith's which he didn't realize was yogurt...wish I'd taken a picture of that face when he took a bite!!

A quick selfie of me and Madison:

Continued in the following post...

And then we were back out in the park, looking for the next best thing! We decide to walk over to Sunset Blvd.

And along the way...another Citizens of Hollywood moment so of course we stop!!!

Then Keith decides he needs ice cream...and not just any ice cream but a Premium Mickey Ice Cream! :earseek: I find it funny that this is one of his must-do things when we go! :rolleyes:

We head towards the Tip Board area and Madison and I decline ice cream so we wait by the fountain:

And a nice stranger offered to take our picture!!

Up next...we have FPP for three attractions but the time has yet to arrive...can we do anything?!?!?!

I can only imagine MK on NYE!! :scared:

Lets just say they had 70 thousand party hats to give away... and they ran out. :eek:

WOW, the FP's on the day of, NYE no less, are very impressive. Seriously, that's awesome!!!!

Oooh I enjoyed those cupcakes. I'm not even a big gingerbread person, but I quite enjoyed them.

Lets just say they had 70 thousand party hats to give away... and they ran out. :eek:

WOW, the FP's on the day of, NYE no less, are very impressive. Seriously, that's awesome!!!!

Oooh I enjoyed those cupcakes. I'm not even a big gingerbread person, but I quite enjoyed them.

Did they run out of the 70 thousand party horns too!?!?! :scared1: That is just crazy!!!

I was very pleased with the FP times and ease of it! That was when I thought "This MDE and FPP isn't too terrible!!"

I really liked this cupcake. It was better than the carrot cake one we had one October which I enjoyed but most people seemed to not care for. I wish I could have tried the Nutella one last week at the 25th anniversary!

More Adventures at The Studios!​

After the ice cream had been devoured, we made way to one of our favorite attractions.

We do not miss this one...ever!

Of course we stay to watch the movie and then we head out...it's time to speed through the alleys of L.A.!

Along the way, Madison and I have a premonition of our future:

Rock-n-Roller time!!!

Getting that limo!!

We were so excited we had to use "jazz hands"!

And then it was time for our 2nd FPP for the day: Indiana Jones!! Okay, so this one is ancient and the same old thing every time and many say it needs a major overhaul or just needs to GO! but we love it!!

Because every time I want to jump up and yell: "Steve!!"

And after the fighting and stunts and fire and explosions we all file out! I can't remember if I said this earlier or not but we had come by a few days earlier but we were a few people too late and couldn't get in. The place was packed this day and we were thankful for our FPP. We have never had an issue of walking up and getting into this show. So that speaks volumes for just how busy New Years can be!!

We exit the theater and see a friendly dino greeting us!

It was now time for the final FPP of the day...my MOST FAVORITE RIDE!!!!!

Along the way we see these hilarious guys so a stop is necessary!!

They were fun to watch as always!!

Finally!!!!!!!!

I love everything about this ride!!

After an amazing ride at ToT, we decided (ok I decided and told the family where we were going!) to head over to Streets of America.

I had read about a little thing called the Comedy Warehouse...

And I thought it sounded like lots of fun. Plus I am always looking for new and different things to do to convince Keith we really haven't seen it all and a return visit is needed!

We walk into the theater which was all decorated for Christmas!

Before long the cast comes out. For anyone that doesn't know...this is an improv performance and the audience shouts out things or answers questions. The cast feeds off of these shout outs and acts out the skit or "talk show interview" or whatever the particular act is.

They also did a little song and dance thing where one person continued the song by finishing the prior person's thought...

Okay...seriously...this was one of THE HIGHLIGHTS of our trip! So funny and hilarious and just great fun!! Seriously, Disney, make this a regular! Spoiler alert but this is something we do more than once and each time it was different and just as hilarious!! I know this is from Pleasure Island or parts of it is but really...Disney you need things like this!! Maybe it was just a good change of pace but WOW!!!! Can you tell we loved it!?!?!

We headed back to The Streets of America and although this is always here, I still had to get a picture for Christmas memories! Plus it is my favorite Christmas movie...or one of!

The afternoon is waining but the night is still young!! What to do? What to do?! Well...while we decide why not another Citizens of Hollywood skit?

And when the math gets introduced...I'm outa there!!!

Okay, not really but it is time to decide our next move!!!

Love riding BTMRR at night.
Next time insist on walking over to GF and then he cannot say no to getting off the monorail.
I do not think I have ridden the train at night. I will do that next time.
Oh my! You never rode the People mover? You must try it. Leave them and ride it yourself.
Nice pics walking out.
The TOT pic is hysterical. People are looking all over the place.
Great pics at DHS.

The comedy show looks awesome! I have never heard about it before!

It will definitely be on my to do list in December!

Playing catch up this morning. Good gosh the crowds look :crazy2:. Thank goodness for FP+ and the ability to try and change things up (and that it worked out for ya'll:thumbsup2)

The performers at Hollywood Studios really are the best! We stop to watch every single time we see them out and about.

I had no idea about the comedy warehouse. I'm like you and wish that they'd implement the show all year round. From your description, it reminds of me Whose Line Is it?

To not ever missing One Man's Dream... :worship: And that movie... :sad:

I have to admit, I am in the needs to go camp for Indy. I love Indy, but I 've just seen it too many times now. That and Lights Motor Action. Lots of space for something really cool. Strangely though, if Indy left I would still miss it. Go figure.

Gertie, however, better not ever be moved.

Oh I love Tower so MUCH!!! Plus, wow, an actual ride picture where no one has their arms up (and thus not blocking others). I've become really cognizant of this over time as I've had a number of photos ruined because I was completely blocked. So now, I try to keep my arms down too.

That comedy show looks fabulous. Plus, as you mentioned, it's something different which is always good.

When are you going in October??

We're going Oct 4th - 11th. Ed wanted to run the ToT race again. I'm actually trying to talk him out of it and just let us go on the trip without a race to factor in. LOL! We'll stay one night @ POFQ & then we'll move on the Sunday to a 1 bedroom villa @ SSR.

Looks like y'all had a fun night in MK! And 'Ohana....yum! I'm like you....they can take away the chicken, but they better not take away my shrimp!

And the next day @ DHS looks like it was a lot of fun, too! Even though it looks really crowded. I really love all of your ToT pics!

Love riding BTMRR at night.
Next time insist on walking over to GF and then he cannot say no to getting off the monorail.
I do not think I have ridden the train at night. I will do that next time.
Oh my! You never rode the People mover? You must try it. Leave them and ride it yourself.
Nice pics walking out.
The TOT pic is hysterical. People are looking all over the place.
Great pics at DHS.

Good idea on walking! :thumbsup2 He is definitely the type that once he is headed somewhere there is no detouring!!

BTMRR is so awesome at night and I really liked the train too...try it! And I have the Peoplemover high on my "next time" list!

I always love ride pictures!

The comedy show looks awesome! I have never heard about it before!

It will definitely be on my to do list in December!

It was so very good!! Hopefully it will return and you can catch it this year!!

Playing catch up this morning. Good gosh the crowds look :crazy2:. Thank goodness for FP+ and the ability to try and change things up (and that it worked out for ya'll:thumbsup2)

The performers at Hollywood Studios really are the best! We stop to watch every single time we see them out and about.

I had no idea about the comedy warehouse. I'm like you and wish that they'd implement the show all year round. From your description, it reminds of me Whose Line Is it?

It was a lot like "Whose Line Is It?" I'm so far behind catching up that it is now the day you arrive for your trip!!

To not ever missing One Man's Dream... :worship: And that movie... :sad:

I think I tear up every time I see the movie!

I have to admit, I am in the needs to go camp for Indy. I love Indy, but I 've just seen it too many times now. That and Lights Motor Action. Lots of space for something really cool. Strangely though, if Indy left I would still miss it. Go figure.

Gertie, however, better not ever be moved.

I'm probably in the middle camp because we enjoy it so much but I wish they'd change it up some...like bring in some of the other movies perhaps. And if they replace it with something amazing, then I'm cool with that too! Just not something like Lights, Motor Action!!:rolleyes2

Oh I love Tower so MUCH!!! Plus, wow, an actual ride picture where no one has their arms up (and thus not blocking others). I've become really cognizant of this over time as I've had a number of photos ruined because I was completely blocked. So now, I try to keep my arms down too.

I didn't even notice that! I had to go back and look. But you're right! I have been blocked more times than I can count!!

That comedy show looks fabulous. Plus, as you mentioned, it's something different which is always good.

It was so very good! :goodvibes

We're going Oct 4th - 11th. Ed wanted to run the ToT race again. I'm actually trying to talk him out of it and just let us go on the trip without a race to factor in. LOL! We'll stay one night @ POFQ & then we'll move on the Sunday to a 1 bedroom villa @ SSR.

Looks like y'all had a fun night in MK! And 'Ohana....yum! I'm like you....they can take away the chicken, but they better not take away my shrimp!

And the next day @ DHS looks like it was a lot of fun, too! Even though it looks really crowded. I really love all of your ToT pics!

Dang! That was a week we were looking at going but there weren't any good deals that week. And military discounts for post- 9.27.14 haven't been released-plus the prediction for their release may fall after our pay-off date. We were so close to being there at the same time!!

Keith actually was tolerable at MK! Maybe we had such success since he was filled up from Ohana!! :rotfl:

We're going Oct 4th - 11th.

Dang! That was a week we were looking at going but there weren't any good deals that week. And military discounts for post- 9.27.14 haven't been released-plus the prediction for their release may fall after our pay-off date. We were so close to being there at the same time!!
WHAT?!?! You're not going to be there the same time amandaw and I will be there? :sad2: I guess we'll have to watch the Saints/Bucs game on Sunday (10/05) without you and Keith! :rotfl:

WHAT?!?! You're not going to be there the same time amandaw and I will be there? :sad2: I guess we'll have to watch the Saints/Bucs game on Sunday (10/05) without you and Keith! :rotfl:

As of right now...no we won't be there. I happened to get a PIN for Free Dining that allowed us to make a reservation at POR! I couldn't even get a room only at POR with the military discount. Now, if they decide to release military discounts for after Sept. 27 we may look at the savings...Keith says whatever is cheapest! ;) I was disappointed though! We could have a grand Dis meet!!!

First I deeply apologize for the disappearance act I did! Things have been crazy, crazy around here and it just hasn't slowed down. Plus, work has been 10 hours staring at a computer daily so when I get home the last thing I have felt the desire to do was hop on a computer! :guilty: Plus it's summertime!!!! And the great outdoors calls!!

A few weeks ago Madison graduated from high school which was a HUGE source of my craziness!!!

And here is a little video I did. Every year from Madison's very first day of school, we took a picture and I combined them all into a Flipagram video. Let's just say condensing your baby girl's life into a 30 second Flipagram is tear producing for all involved!!

And now on with this show!! I honestly have no clue if anyone has even stuck around to read :rolleyes1 but I finish what I start so here we go!!!!

New Year's Eve at Epcot!!

I seriously had to go back and read my last post to see where I had left off! :sad2: So here's a little recap: It is New Year's Eve 2013 and we have spent most of the day at Hollywood Studios! We just finished watching one of the many Citizen's of Hollywood shows and it was time to head off for our next destination: EPCOT!!

I had contemplated where to go for this evening and knew Magic Kingdom was out. That left either Epcot or Hollywood Studios and I think either would have been perfectly fine! But since I'd planned Epcot for the evening we made our way to the boat.

The boat line was SO LONG! I mean long, long, long!!! It reached all the way to the Christmas Tree! :eek: So we decided to attempt walking. No big deal! So as we make our way to the walkway, we notice a BUS!!! A bus to Epcot!!! So we hop on board and soon we are entering through the front entrance!!

The crowds didn't seem to terrible... yet!!:rolleyes1

The Spaceship Earth line was incredibly long!! Glad we weren't headed there!!

Nope we were heading to World Showcase!!

About the time we made it to the lagoon area we began running into lots (and I mean LOTS) of people with blankets laid out, napping. They were preparing for a long night! Well I also think many people were waiting on the 6 pm Illuminations as well.

And as we rounded through Mexico and into Norway we saw this:

We make it to Germany where we find this:

I think you can tell there were huge crowds everywhere!!!

Amazingly, we found a pretty decent place to stand/sit and wait for the firework show. It was in Germany and it was under a tree and not against the main fence but on the back side...yet we were against a rail so we had empty space between us and the next section of people.

More people pouring in...plus the real reason I took this photo was the huge lit ball. It changed colors every 30 seconds or so. They were scattered around and I just really liked them. Sadly I couldn't get anything more than a bright ball though!

Keith got his beer from Germany and we sat and waited!

See my view isn't too bad!

And as we waited we were serenaded by millions and billions and trillions of those little freeby horns that Disney so generously handed out!!

I mean seriously listen!!

And still it went on...

We didn't get any horns but I did get a couple of hats!

And then the fireworks began!!

Fireworks framed by the tree!

And then the show was over...This was really an amazing Illuminations! We loved every bit of it!

Up next...the night is still b=very young so what should we do!?!?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter